test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Login Screen

edartaedarta Member Posts: 52 Arc User
Resolved an issue that was causing the Welcome Screen to no longer appear when first logging in.
Now it appears on every character login when changing toons - still not working correctly.

Comments

• anodynesanodynes Member Posts: 1,999 Arc User
    I think it's doing that because there are 3 events to advertise over this weekend, and it's just randomizing which one it shows each time. If true, we'll probably just have to deal with this until Monday, when 2 of the events end.
    This is an MMO, not a Star Trek episode simulator. That would make for a terrible game.
  • where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    edited December 2018
    edarta wrote: »
    Now it appears on every character login when changing toons - still not working correctly.

Are you seeing it when you switch to another toon, then switch BACK to the original toon? Original toon you signed into should NOT see the Welcome screen.

That is the way it is supposed to work.

Once for every character upon the first time selection, each time signed in from launcher.
    You should NOT see it on subsequent selection of the same character from the selection screen, unless you log out.

"Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
    where2r1 wrote: »
    edarta wrote: »

Are you seeing it when you switch to another toon, then switch BACK to the original toon? Original toon you signed into should NOT see the Welcome screen.

That is the way it is supposed to work.

Once for every character upon the first time selection, each time signed in from launcher.
    You should NOT see it on subsequent selection of the same character from the selection screen, unless you log out.

I'm not sure about the OP, but it's popping up when changing characters virtually every time. I think it may not have on a couple of characters since the patch, but I definitely tried logging back onto a character that I had previously logged into that same session, and it popped up again for her. Like I said above, it appears to be rotating through different event announcements, so it pops up again each time one of the panes changes, which is consistent with observed behavior. If that's the problem, then it will continue to behave like this as long as it keeps switching between the 3 events currently running.
    This is an MMO, not a Star Trek episode simulator. That would make for a terrible game.
    So, you are saying.... the "fix" they put in, wasn't a fix....but changing the rules from how it worked before? LOL!
    So, we get to figure out how it changed, then write bug reports and follow through to make sure they "get it".

Well...don't forget to add complete details.

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • frtoasterfrtoaster Member Posts: 3,352 Arc User
    I wrote a rather long bug report here:

Holodeck ticket 4,798,939: "Welcome Back" screen appears on each login (not only the first)

I've included a history of the bug going back to 05/10/2018, when the "Welcome Back" screen was added to the game.
    Waiting for a programmer ...
    qVpg1km.png
    where2r1 wrote: »
    So, you are saying.... the "fix" they put in, wasn't a fix....but changing the rules from how it worked before? LOL!
    So, we get to figure out how it changed, then write bug reports and follow through to make sure they "get it".

Well...don't forget to add complete details.

No, what I'm saying is that the fix has nothing, or next to nothing, to do with why we're seeing it on (virtually) every character that logs in. What's causing that is that the events that it shows us aren't stable, lie they usually are. Rotating between Winter Wonderland, Tholian Red Alert, Age of Discovery and who knows what else can and does change the contents of the window from what it was when you last saw it, causing it to pop up on every character. This has been observed behavior of the Landing Page for months. The bug is that the thing can't choose a stable set of things to advertise. If I'm correct, then it will stop when the extra events being advertised expire, taking them out of the rotation, at 10 AM PST on Monday, assuming that they don't fix the issue internally before then, which they likely will not. I would expect that you will see it on every character one time the first time that you log in after that time, but that will probably be the last time that you see it on more than the first character that you log in with per session until the contents of it change again.
    Ok. I get it. But will they?

But you took a big step toward explaining in detail what you observed...That should help.

• sgtfloydpepper#7911 sgtfloydpepper Member Posts: 1,111 Arc User
    edited December 2018
    I wish they'd get rid of it altogether. It's nothing but a nuisance.
    1xe027q.png
  • shadowleopard64#3762 shadowleopard64 Member Posts: 171 Arc User
    edited December 2018
    Yet again this annoying nuisance, I too wish they would just get rid of it altogether now I have to see it on each character change too. I really feel sorry for some of my fleets players that have over 30 characters they rotate through multiple times every day...
  • jimduval#7537 jimduval Member Posts: 75 Arc User
    Wow you people having really a problem with 1 extra push of a button :o i mean... its literally 1 press on the esc key to get rid of that screen. Honestly im liking it, it is already hard to get an grasp over the technical part in the game let alone know what event runs at that moment without checking the calendar who in turn is not really easy accessible by pressing on the in game clock. This little screen just makes it easier for the newb/noob to see what is going on at that time and again, 1 push on the esc button and its gone.
  • Wow you people having really a problem with 1 extra push of a button :o i mean... its literally 1 press on the esc key to get rid of that screen. Honestly im liking it, it is already hard to get an grasp over the technical part in the game let alone know what event runs at that moment without checking the calendar who in turn is not really easy accessible by pressing on the in game clock. This little screen just makes it easier for the newb/noob to see what is going on at that time and again, 1 push on the esc button and its gone.

The point is its not supposed to working the way that it does now so its not working as intended. I'm glad you like it but few others do. The more characters you have the less likely that a player will enjoy that one extra press of the esc key. And you are right now outnumbered 11 to 1 lmao and I am going to guess you were one of the ones that enjoyed the FUN patch excuse for a balance pass too huh lol.
  • jimduval#7537 jimduval Member Posts: 75 Arc User
    No idea about what patch youre talking about *laughs* For me it is a little nuisance nothing more honestly, i have more then just a few toons my self and that means with each rellog i got to give that whopping 1 extra press of the button too. I just dont cry over something that little, there are way more important parts that needs to see a fix and when compared for me personally i would much rather see them fixing those then this little problem.
    Wow you people having really a problem with 1 extra push of a button :o i mean... its literally 1 press on the esc key to get rid of that screen. Honestly im liking it, it is already hard to get an grasp over the technical part in the game let alone know what event runs at that moment without checking the calendar who in turn is not really easy accessible by pressing on the in game clock. This little screen just makes it easier for the newb/noob to see what is going on at that time and again, 1 push on the esc button and its gone.

The point is its not supposed to working the way that it does now so its not working as intended. I'm glad you like it but few others do. The more characters you have the less likely that a player will enjoy that one extra press of the esc key. And you are right now outnumbered 11 to 1 lmao and I am going to guess you were one of the ones that enjoyed the FUN patch excuse for a balance pass too huh lol.

• captyoung01captyoung01 Member Posts: 311 Arc User
    Unable to Authenticate is the message I am getting from the App Lauch. Server Shows green? I can't log in. Not sure what the problem is.