test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Stats change randomly.

greatpicklegreatpickle Member Posts: 16 Arc User
Anyone else noticed that one day you play and your ship is doing great, then the next day you play you are like what happened i was doing so good yesterday. I want to know why I can do the same que for a week and get different results each day. I have also notice that adv ques are more like elite ques without the mandatory fail from optionals. I went from hitting 2-5k non cits to lucky if i hit 500. I have noticed this trend before but it keeps getting worse. Please let me know if anyone else notices this.

Comments

• iamynaughtiamynaught Member Posts: 1,285 Arc User
    When I start noticing I'm having more difficulty, the first thing I do is check to see if my traits have unslotted themselves. Nine time out of ten that's exactly what has happened and as soon as I reslot them, things are back to normal.

That tenth time though, I just chalk it up to having an off day or the NPC's getting a few lucky shots in.
    Hello. My name is iamynaught and I am an altaholic.

Losing faith in humanity, one person at a time.
  • greatpicklegreatpickle Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    iamynaught wrote: »
    When I start noticing I'm having more difficulty, the first thing I do is check to see if my traits have unslotted themselves. Nine time out of ten that's exactly what has happened and as soon as I reslot them, things are back to normal.

That tenth time though, I just chalk it up to having an off day or the NPC's getting a few lucky shots in.

thanks for the reply but that is not the issue. I believe the stats are not getting applied properly or at all due to server error or some random glitch that occurs too frequently. This is an issue with virtual servers and stats/bonuses/procs that float around and change.
  • wideningxgyrewideningxgyre Member Posts: 710 Arc User
    There can be a high degree of variability in queues based on what the other players are using, especially when you're wearing down large targets.

Target and team buffs/debuffs used by other players make a big difference.

Now, if you're doing solo patrols like Argala or Japoori, that's a different situation.
  • salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,794 Arc User
    edited December 2018
    Lots of things can cause this. Maybe you got lucky with rng one day. Maybe you were getting carried one day but now you aren't getting carried today. Maybe you got hit by subnuke from Hirogen which lowers your damage and removes all your buffs. More information is needed.
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
  • zerokillcf2011zerokillcf2011 Member Posts: 545 Arc User
    If you are doing team stuff vs PVE it can swing wildly depending on what traits your team mates are using, or what skill trees. Someone maxed out in Strategist and Command trees, flying a cruiser with weapons power support qued, can make a MASSIVE difference in the DPS of the group as a whole. Same if someone maxed out their Tactical skill tree all the way and has the enemy tagged, you all get the damage bump, and the weapons cycle bump. If you are playing in a group where they are all chasing DPS and no one is healing, no one is tanking, no one is supporting, it can actually cause everyone to have LESS damage. There are support skills that boost the crit rate, etc. If you are playing PVE or in a non-team-friendly group, you won't see those perks.