test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

More news on Star Trek Picard Series, late 2019 release

lordgyorlordgyor Member Posts: 2,317 Arc User


According to midnights edge the series is coming out in 2019.

I have high hopes for the series, hopefully it won't conflict with STOs story line.

I'm more positive then midnight's edge as I don't hate Discovery, not a fan either, but I think it has it's moments and that it is fixable. Call me an optimist.

Plus I have faith in Sir Patrick Stewart.

Does anyone else know if it's going to be shot at the studio in Toronto like TRIBBLE?

Comments

  • jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 8,204 Arc User
    To paraphrase Ford Prefect, I wouldn't trust Midnight's Edge to guess my weight. I'd suggest holding off on planning the pilot-episode parties until you hear from an actually reliable source.
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

    - David Brin, "Those Eyes"
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • lordgyorlordgyor Member Posts: 2,317 Arc User
    I have, type in Star Trek News into Google and you get dozens of sources. It's confirmed.
  • lordgyorlordgyor Member Posts: 2,317 Arc User
    > @jonsills said:
    > To paraphrase Ford Prefect, I wouldn't trust Midnight's Edge to guess my weight. I'd suggest holding off on planning the pilot-episode parties until you hear from an actually reliable source.

    I don't get your hatred for midnight's edge. They interviewed Nichols Meyers himself, I really, enjoy there pod casts.
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 46,478 Arc User
    Still... Midnight's Edge has shown extreme bias in the past. Here on the forums we've generally accepted that Midnight's Edge is unreliable because of that detail.

    Frankly it would be better to cite CBS over Midnight's Edge.
    66998372863950ee98cf7da9786e2ea9-db80k0m.png
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out a Delta Pack, Temporal Pack, and Gamma Pack
    The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • ryan218ryan218 Member Posts: 33,792 Arc User
    rattler2 wrote: »
    Still... Midnight's Edge has shown extreme bias in the past. Here on the forums we've generally accepted that Midnight's Edge is unreliable because of that detail.

    Frankly it would be better to cite CBS over Midnight's Edge.

    Bias is putting it generously...
  • lordgyorlordgyor Member Posts: 2,317 Arc User
    > @rattler2 said:
    > Still... Midnight's Edge has shown extreme bias in the past. Here on the forums we've generally accepted that Midnight's Edge is unreliable because of that detail.
    >
    > Frankly it would be better to cite CBS over Midnight's Edge.

    Because CBS is bias free when talking about it's own shows?!?

    Midnights Edge has access to key people, and not every detail it's right exactly, but they are clear when they are talking about rumours subject to change and we've found out that the runours were baseless, even if it's not full accuracies. And many of their complaints are fair, and I say that as someone who doesn't hate Discovery, I liked some of the episodes.

    Like I said Discovery is fixable. Get rid of Burnham (I liked her eventually, but she is the lightening rod for critism as are the Klingons), get a Captain that will be popular as well as permenant and refocus on them. And keep tighter for Canon. And bring in the writers from the golden age of star trek. I like stamets, but I'm not sure how to keep a specialist in fungi useful for who knows how many seasons if they aren't going to keep using the spore drive. Maybe a time jump. Maybe just make Saru the Captain, he is the most interesting Character since Lorcan left.
  • valoreahvaloreah Member Posts: 9,737 Arc User
    Fake news.
    Dear Devs: I enjoyed the Legacy of Romulus expansion much more than the Delta Rising expansion. .
    thecosmic1 wrote:
    Anyone calling Valoreah a "Cryptic fanboy" must be new to the forum.

    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 8,204 Arc User
    I don't "hate" Midnight's Edge; it's just that I've caught them blatantly lying about Trek properties (and supposed lawsuits that never actually seem to have happened), and therefore I distrust them. Other than that, I have no feelings toward them whatsoever.
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

    - David Brin, "Those Eyes"
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • valoreahvaloreah Member Posts: 9,737 Arc User
    jonsills wrote: »
    I don't "hate" Midnight's Edge; it's just that I've caught them blatantly lying about Trek properties (and supposed lawsuits that never actually seem to have happened), and therefore I distrust them.

    ^Yup. Hence, fake news.

    Dear Devs: I enjoyed the Legacy of Romulus expansion much more than the Delta Rising expansion. .
    thecosmic1 wrote:
    Anyone calling Valoreah a "Cryptic fanboy" must be new to the forum.

    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • patrickngopatrickngo Member Posts: 9,723 Arc User
    hm. how is it that this thread, about a new series starring Sir Patrick Stewart, somehow got hijacked by the debate over a third-rate youtube creator?
    KDF: Not supported by Cryptic, because according to them, we're not 'Real' Star Trek fans.

    Well, TRIBBLE them, I'll play KDF anyway.

    "We are the Federation. Resistance is futile, we will add your biological and technological distinctiveness to our own."-Cryptic Studios

    Advocacy
    simple logic process:

    The body is filled with so much blood...It's always more than you think!! -Dr. Dinosaur

  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 46,478 Arc User
    patrickngo wrote: »
    hm. how is it that this thread, about a new series starring Sir Patrick Stewart, somehow got hijacked by the debate over a third-rate youtube creator?

    Because the of the souce of the information. Citing Midnight's Edge rather than CBS directly or something a LOT LESS biased.

    Also... Midnight's Edge video in the opening post.
    66998372863950ee98cf7da9786e2ea9-db80k0m.png
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out a Delta Pack, Temporal Pack, and Gamma Pack
    The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • patrickngopatrickngo Member Posts: 9,723 Arc User
    rattler2 wrote: »
    patrickngo wrote: »
    hm. how is it that this thread, about a new series starring Sir Patrick Stewart, somehow got hijacked by the debate over a third-rate youtube creator?

    Because the of the souce of the information. Citing Midnight's Edge rather than CBS directly or something a LOT LESS biased.

    Also... Midnight's Edge video in the opening post.

    Fair 'nough.
    KDF: Not supported by Cryptic, because according to them, we're not 'Real' Star Trek fans.

    Well, TRIBBLE them, I'll play KDF anyway.

    "We are the Federation. Resistance is futile, we will add your biological and technological distinctiveness to our own."-Cryptic Studios

    Advocacy
    simple logic process:

    The body is filled with so much blood...It's always more than you think!! -Dr. Dinosaur

  • alexmakepeacealexmakepeace Member Posts: 10,487 Arc User
    edited December 2018
    I think if the series was going to premier in the next three weeks, we'd have been hearing that fact trumpeted from every news outlet for weeks or months, and trailers would have already been posted.
Sign In or Register to comment.