test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Several bugs observed.

spy8446spy8446 Member Posts: 585 Arc User
Sorry for the wall of text in advance.

1: Fabrication bug exists where several items will fail to craft or can not be crafted more than a few times, some items can only be crafted once at a time while others can be crafted three times but not the full number. I did a check to see that I did have the officers needed and the materials. There is no reason for my characters should not to be able to craft the items. This is for all my captains.

2: Breen capital ship Snosk has not been encountered at all, by any of my captains, I have been "hunting" that ship for over a year and other players have also told me that the ship never spawns. one player said he has been hunting the ship ever since that was added to the game, only knows 3 out of 20 people that have found the ship.

3: Away teams keep holstering their weapons during combat, from time to time my officers have put their weapons away and just stand there like idiots with their fists up, they still use their abilities, but not the weapon. Sometimes they will pull out their weapons after using an ability, other times they will not. only way I have found that they will reveal their weapon is after done with combat, if I holster my weapon and then pull it out again. sadly this does not fix the problem as entering combat again, some will holster their weapons again.

4: Klingon Rebel kills are confusing, not sure if it counts as a bug or not, but I at least think it deserves some looking into as there are no noticeable Klingon's that count as rebels.

5: Rubber banding has been horrid the past few weeks, and greatly effects any mission that requires speed, or the up coming winter event races, this will make them almost impossible to do.

6: Deferi invasion zone crafting is also broken. I believe it started during the TRIBBLE addition to the game, or at least that general time frame if I am not mistaken. This prevents any missions on the planet for crafting required items or any items you are in need of in general.

7: New Romulus Red Alerts do not allow you to transport to the location, you need to find a transporter to the location the "old fashioned" way on foot, this greatly reduces the amount of time that players have to partake in the alert.

8: Several animations appear to be broken, ranging from ships like the intrepid going to warp, animations of characters communicating with you as their faces appear to be deforming. (is that animation?) and weapons not showing they are firing, both in space and ground.

Comments

• where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    edited November 2018
    #1....check to make sure you have all items needed to craft in one large stack. And it is not separated into several smaller stacks. AND THAT THE PROGRAM IS TAKING THE MATERIALS from the largest stack.

This may be a returning bug as I remember my Armada Leader was talking about this.

Read Ruinthefun's post in this thread.
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline#/discussion/comment/13434357
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • starswordcstarswordc Member Posts: 10,963 Arc User
    edited November 2018
    spy8446 wrote: »
    1: Fabrication bug exists where several items will fail to craft or can not be crafted more than a few times, some items can only be crafted once at a time while others can be crafted three times but not the full number. I did a check to see that I did have the officers needed and the materials. There is no reason for my characters should not to be able to craft the items. This is for all my captains.

This may be the same bug @ronthefan has reported to me a few times (we're friends off-forum), which I've passed on to Cryptic. To confirm, next time this happens please take notes: are you trying to craft a singleton, or a stack of items?
    Post edited by starswordc on
    "Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

Check out https://unitedfederationofpla.net/s/
  • spy8446spy8446 Member Posts: 585 Arc User
    where2r1 wrote: »
    #1....check to make sure you have all items needed to craft in one large stack. And it is not separated into several smaller stacks. AND THAT THE PROGRAM IS TAKING THE MATERIALS from the largest stack.

This may be a returning bug as I remember my Armada Leader was talking about this.

Read Ruinthefun's post in this thread.
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline#/discussion/comment/13434357

I have tried to craft multiple items, its a hit and miss most of the time.
    I have tried to make a single item of X type and a full stack of them. some times it will let me craft 2 items or none at all.
    most of the materials that I need to use, I have about 2K or more

edited December 2018
    It does not have anything to do with if you have the materials in your inventory.

What was happening was:
    The program was collecting from one stack. But if that stack did not have enough to cover the project, it would NOT roll over to a second stack to collect the remainder. If it ran short, it was failing to start.

I do not know if they fixed this problem.

To make sure it is not effecting your project, check that the program is collecting from a stack that contains all the items needed for that project. And not a short stack.

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • kaithan1975kaithan1975 Member Posts: 947 Arc User
    It does not have anything to do with if you have the materials in your inventory.

What was happening was:
    The program was collecting from one stack. But if that stack did not have enough to cover the project, it would NOT roll over to a second stack to collect the remainder. If it ran short, it was failing to start.

I do not know if they fixed this problem.

To make sure it is not effecting your project, check that the program is collecting from a stack that contains all the items needed for that project. And not a short stack.

It's not fixed, just ran into it last night several times.
    each stack I have is well over 100, some are in the 999 zone for materials or parts.
    edited December 2018
    @kaithan1975 Thanks for verifying this. :)
    each stack I have is well over 100, some are in the 999 zone for materials or parts.

Here is a simplified example:
    Recipe needs 50 X-Particles, 25 Y-Minerals and 10 Z-Gases for one Component. You set the program to make 5 components. Which means 250 X-Particles are needed.

In your inventory, you have 5 stacks of 999 X-Particles and 1 stack of 100 X-Particles. The program will take the 100 X-Particles out of the one stack.....AND STOP. It will tell you this project failed.

But the actual problem is the program does not "see" the 5 stacks of 999. The program only uses one stack at a time.

You can set the program to make 2 components without a problem...because it sees the one stack of 100 X-Particles and uses them up, no more in that stack all gone. After this you can set the program to make 5 components without a problem because it takes the 250 X-Particles from the NEXT stack...which is the 999 X-Particle stack.

Please make sure this is not what is causing the problem you are seeing.
    Because I have another idea what it may be, but want to verify THIS short stack of ingredients is not the issue here.

ah i see what you are saying now, so how can I change that exactly?
    edited December 2018
    ah i see what you are saying now, so how can I change that exactly?

That is the bug.

Make sure to move another 200-300 X-Particles into the stack that is shorter than the rest...
    That way every stack has got 250 X-Particles (or more) needed to start.

++++++++++++++++++++++

It used to be that the program selects from the last stack in inventory...so I think if you keep the last stack filled you will be OK.

See picture: first stack has less than 100....last stack is always filled. Last stack is where program was taking items for the project. Test it to make sure that works for you.

https://i.imgur.com/fmvBSFd.jpg
    Post edited by where2r1 on

edited December 2018
    Wow... I was reading through your other bugs....

#2...Breen Snosk. Not sure if you read the wiki on that. https://sto.gamepedia.com/Snosk
    Snosk can only be found when attempting “Aiding the Deferi (Daily)” as there is not a non-combat version. It will be identified as Breen Capital Ship "Snosk".

#4 Klingon Rebels.... no wonder it is difficult!!

From Wiki: https://sto.gamepedia.com/Klingon_Empire_Rebel
    Missions involved
    KDF “The House Always Wins”: Two Klingon Empire Rebels protect Torg along with two Tal Shiar Agents in Torg's house in the Gorath System.
    KDF “Test of Mettle”: Klingon Empire Rebel ships ambush the player in the Cursa System.

ALL “The Undying”: Players have to fight in Hassan's arena against Klingon Empire Rebel Captain Fang and her crew of the Snap Dragon.
    ALL “Beta Thoridor System Patrol”: Players fight Klingon Empire Rebel ships besieging the Beta Thoridor System.

And you can not get to the Nimbus "The Undying" mission until they fix the Mission Journal.
    I think they removed "Test of Mettle" on the Klingon side.

They should add Klingon Rebels to Sompek or something like that.

Wow... I was reading through your other bugs....

#2...Breen Snosk. Not sure if you read the wiki on that. https://sto.gamepedia.com/Snosk
    Snosk can only be found when attempting “Aiding the Deferi (Daily)” as there is not a non-combat version. It will be identified as Breen Capital Ship "Snosk".

#4 Klingon Rebels.... no wonder it is difficult!!

From Wiki: https://sto.gamepedia.com/Klingon_Empire_Rebel
    Missions involved
    KDF “The House Always Wins”: Two Klingon Empire Rebels protect Torg along with two Tal Shiar Agents in Torg's house in the Gorath System.
    KDF “Test of Mettle”: Klingon Empire Rebel ships ambush the player in the Cursa System.

ALL “The Undying”: Players have to fight in Hassan's arena against Klingon Empire Rebel Captain Fang and her crew of the Snap Dragon.
    ALL “Beta Thoridor System Patrol”: Players fight Klingon Empire Rebel ships besieging the Beta Thoridor System.

And you can not get to the Nimbus "The Undying" mission until they fix the Mission Journal.
    I think they removed "Test of Mettle" on the Klingon side.

They should add Klingon Rebels to Sompek or something like that.

for about 2 years? i have been hunting that ship with 3 toons, no luck at all. now when i say hunting, i literally mean that i spent 1-2 hrs for 3 days doing nothing but the deferi patrol missions, not once did I see it. I will hunt it maybe every 1-2 months before taking a break. I think its broken considering how often it didnt spawn.

for the ground rebels, long before doing the S-T-D add on, I counted for my fed toon, the only member of the snap dragons that counts, is the captain, not her crew and she is the only one i know of that counts at all.

I think that all the klingons that are a part of Ba'vat's faction should count as rebels, anyone not directly aligned with the empire.

• jameswilliejameswillie Member Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited December 2018
    3: Away teams keep holstering their weapons during combat, from time to time my officers have put their weapons away and just stand there like idiots with their fists up, they still use their abilities, but not the weapon. Sometimes they will pull out their weapons after using an ability, other times they will not. only way I have found that they will reveal their weapon is after done with combat, if I holster my weapon and then pull it out again. sadly this does not fix the problem as entering combat again, some will holster their weapons again.

This bug has been around since the Mirror Invasion event in the late winter/early spring 2018. I remember first noticing the bug about halfway through the event. I have posted about this bug in the bug forum on 3 different occasions and so far no acknowledgement from Cryptic being aware of it in the forum or in patch notes. Guess its not a priority, but for me and others I have talked to, it does make you kinda loose your momentum when doing ground combat when you have to stop, holster, then unholster everytime you want to fight, or else your BOFFS will just stand there ready to wrestle.
    I think that Klingon rebels, should be anyone that is not technically, part of the empire, like the ones following Ba'vat, house of Torg and so on.

The awayteam weapon bug, i find to be a real pain in the TRIBBLE, maybe more so for my main cap as he has 2 eng officers with him, when they use an ability it sometimes resets them to a "combat" mode or something. doesnt always work right away but it still delays combat and makes more work for the player and the currently armed, officers.