test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Bugged windows on starship models, player and ESD models. (Fixed)

snowwolf#0563 snowwolf Member Posts: 1,018 Arc User
edited March 2019 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
So while being on ESD I've noticed a strange thing happening with the starships that orbit around the ESD map. As the starships move behind the outside of the station, the windows on the ships are visible through the hull of the starbase while watching the docked ships. You can clearly see the windows of the ships outside the station as they circle, I've outlined the window textures in a red square. You can see them moving, this is happening with all the starships outside the station but it's most noticeable with the Andromeda starship because of it's size. Though it's not visible through other walls, just the docking area of ESD where ships are parked it would seem.

As you move to the other side of ESD on the Operations side, where you can actually see the starships through the windows. You'll notice the window texture is once again visible through the nacelle of the ship, so something weird is going on with the window textures here.

You might need to open the pictures in a new tab to zoom and view them properly...
3LcLoq5.png
aFcvtCH.png

Interestingly enough as I noticed this bug I've noticed something else that's rather similar, they might be connected somehow. I play with the Galaxy Class starship and it has two models that's attached to one another. The stardrive section and the saucer section, this has never had any graphical issues before now, but the escape pods on the head of the stardrive section is overlapping through the saucer section, unless you zoom the camera all the way in. Then they disappear again.
xMvvpOg.png

It appears to be some kind of bug with windows / escape pods textures being visible through certain solid objects in the game? @engineerb4#4806
Post edited by snowwolf#0563 on

Comments

• engineerb4#4806 engineerb4 Member Posts: 211 Cryptic Developer
    edited November 2018
    Thank you for the report.
    STO Software Engineer
    I build things. Things that make us go.
  • snowwolf#0563 snowwolf Member Posts: 1,018 Arc User
    Thank you for the report. Those screenshots are very helpful.

You're welcome, I hate to always bug you with reports by linking your name in the topic. But I know that you respond to them and that you do a really good job fixing them. Thank you for your continued fixing of bugs! I really appreciate it, I'm sure loads of other players do as well!
  • engineerb4#4806 engineerb4 Member Posts: 211 Cryptic Developer
    edited January 2019
    Your welcome
    Post edited by engineerb4#4806 on
    STO Software Engineer
    I build things. Things that make us go.
  • snowwolf#0563 snowwolf Member Posts: 1,018 Arc User
    edited March 2019
    This has been fixed now, not sure when it was done but. Yeah, it's fixed.