test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

A Call for Uniform Equality

darthborehddarthborehd Member Posts: 7 Arc User
edited November 2018 in Federation Discussion
I am continually frustrated at the differences in uniforms for male/female characters. In my own account, I want a standard uniform for all of my bridge officers. I would love to be able to just save apply for every new new crew member, but it frustrates me that I can't. There are just too many things available for one sex that are not available for the other, even among members of the same species.

I want skirts (AKA "skant" from TNG) for men and formal wear tuxes and muscle-type recreational shirts for women and so on. Both sexes should have everything the other one has.

The situation is even worse when designing a fleet uniform. I make one that looks good on a male character and then a female member tries and it is messed up.

I have been wanting this since day one of STO and while some improvements have been made over the years, you are still not there.

Comments

• Options
    ichaerus1ichaerus1 Member Posts: 986 Arc User
    The skant is in the game for male characters and female characters across the factions. I believe it was either a zen store outfit, or a limited time account unlock. It was around the time window where someone could unlock the Worf beard style.

There are sleeveless top options likewise for female characters. Look at the Mirror Universe outfits. I think the Mirror Universe Jupiter outfit also might have a sleeveless top for females.

If you're thinking that males should also be allowed to wear a cadet miniskirt, or Mirror Leeta's booty shorts, or that males should suddenly be allowed to sport every female hairstyle(such as Woven or the various bun styles, or that males should now be allowed to wear the formal dresses), I doubt that's going to happen. Just as with the military, there is a list of appropriate uniform attire and standards. And no, both sexes shouldn't have everything the other has. Both sexes are equal, but they have distinct differences. That and it wouldn't make sense for males to walk around in risque outfit parts for Orion females, as an example.
  • Options
    pwstolemynamepwstolemyname Member Posts: 1,417 Arc User
    Both sexes should have everything the other one has.

But this is madness! Where will it end? Women with winkies? Nipples for men? ... wait hold on, they have those already... The men not the women...

..OK maybe I need to go reconsider my position on this.

• Options
    arionisaarionisa Member Posts: 1,421 Arc User
    ichaerus1 wrote: »
    ... That and it wouldn't make sense for males to walk around in risque outfit parts for Orion females, as an example.

What ??? Why should my female Captains not be allowed to have their hunky male Boffs dressed in those risque outfits, they want eye candy on the bridge too. :D

LTS and loving it.
    Ariotex.png
  • Options
    angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    None of these outfits will help you with the fleet uniform. A fleet uniform can only be made up of stock uniform parts, nothing that needs to be unlocked is available there.

But I wouldn't mind seeing the uniforms get equalized to the point I can save an outfit on a male and load that for a female and get the same outfit. Or have the "just outfit" option work at all, that stopped being the case a year or so ago. When I try to load "just outfit" on a BOFF I could as well have clicked randomize, it never comes out right.
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou