test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Severe Lag/Rubberbanding in Crystal Catastrophe

ussvaliant#6064 ussvaliant Member Posts: 1,006 Arc User
Hi guys has anyone else been experiencing severe rubberbanding and lag in CCA today. I've run this mission 5 times over the past 12 hrs and each time other than once which was a very quick 30 sec kill, the map practically freezes and you are stuck, stuttering back and forth unable to activate powers, turn, do pretty much anything but leave the map via change character if you can't get out of red alert.

On a couple of occasions i came out this map without a leaver pen i ran some random TFO's and got entered in ISA/Swarm and also ran Binary Stars and they all ran with no problems.

CCA seems to be suffering badly today
maR4zDV.jpg

Hello rubber banding my old friend, time to bounce around the battlezone again, where are all my bug reports going?, out of love with this game I am falling, As Cryptic fail to acknowledge a problem exists, Shakes an angry fist, And from Support all I'm hearing are the sounds of silence.
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    protoneousprotoneous Member Posts: 2,985 Arc User
    Yes. First got hit with what you describe last evening in CCA prior to today's patch. It was one of the most prolonged freezes (short of a SNR) I've ever experienced. Might be my imagination but could have sworn somebody activated a brand new something just prior to the freeze.
  • Options
    where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    edited November 2018
    I read somewhere lag being caused by the console/device/whatever it it.... from the Binary Stars event. Beacon of Kahless
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • Options
    ussvaliant#6064 ussvaliant Member Posts: 1,006 Arc User
    edited November 2018
    where2r1 wrote: »
    I read somewhere lag being caused by the console/device/whatever it it.... from the Binary Stars event. Beacon of Kahless

Someone has mentioned that could be the case on a similar thread I posted on Reddit.

Edit Just ran a CCA to test the Beacon of Kahless the run was fine and no lag/rubberbanding experienced. It might be if multiple users activate it or an intermittent issue

OFC 1 run doesn't make for proper testing.
    Post edited by ussvaliant#6064 on
    maR4zDV.jpg

Hello rubber banding my old friend, time to bounce around the battlezone again, where are all my bug reports going?, out of love with this game I am falling, As Cryptic fail to acknowledge a problem exists, Shakes an angry fist, And from Support all I'm hearing are the sounds of silence.
  • Options
    where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    It could be the Beacon in combination with something else.

Because I was watching a You Tube video where the player was effected for the entire mission after triggering this right at the beginning.

He posted all the videos on this Reddit post:

https://old.reddit.com/r/sto/comments/9z82cx/cryptic_please_disable_the_beacon_of_kahless/
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • Options
    kf4tvikf4tvi Member Posts: 164 Arc User
    We had this happen earlier in the undine space battlezone during the final timed portion. I thought my pc was crashing, but it kept going. Some things wouldn't trigger or were delayed. I thought maybe I was just too close to the action so I tried the trajectory jump but it had no effect and I was still stuck in what looked like a short loop...time dilation type thing. Eventually the delay lag thing subsided and we were able successfully finished it. There are some dedicated folks out there, thanks!
  • Options
    jamieblanchardjamieblanchard Member Posts: 556 Arc User
    I've had some pretty bad rubberbandings here lately, and not just in crystalline. Servers still go wonky from time to time.
    Resident TOS, G.I. Joe, Transformers and hair metal fangirl.

And knowing is half the battle!

21 'til I die!
This discussion has been closed.