test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Temporal probe in removed mission

roguealltrekroguealltrek Member Posts: 179 Arc User
the temporal probe in the kuvah'magh is not complete and the mission was removed so i cant get to it. On the forums it said any objective of a removed mission would auto complete mine is not. is any one else having a issue with this?
I filed a in game request for gm help and the response was to post this in the forums so that is what I am doing.
To be or not to be: B)

Comments

• Options
    rndfluctuation#1470 rndfluctuation Member Posts: 813 Arc User
    edited November 2018
    https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/comment/13445159/#Comment_13445159
    Yes. And I think a list of missions is needed now hence the link to that topic/post. The orange/red marked missions might be problematic.

Edited to add it here too. EDIT: THOSE ARE FOR AOY's (removed from old Klingon's War line), but info for DELTA for that line appears too.
    Hide and Seek (this one is for Fed Delta too) - Allegedly removed. I don't know if you still can take it somehow
    Stop the Signal (this one is for Fed Delta too) - Allegedly removed. I don't know if you still can take it somehow
    The Kuvan'magh - Allegedly removed. I don't know if you still can take it somehow
    Treasure Trading Station (this one is for Fed Delta too) - Allegedly removed. I don't know if you still can take it somehow
    The Ultimate Klingon - Allegedly removed. I don't know if you still can take it somehow
    City on the Edge of Never (this one is for Fed Delta too) - Allegedly removed
    Past Imperfect - Allegedly removed

This does not include REACHABLE probes found in wrappers such as Spectres, Lost Dominion 2800 (probes needed for AoYs BESIDE the Cardasian line), Nimbus III (though Installation 18 has a probe inside for all relevant recruits so hope this specific quest's issue was successfully solved) and Cold War.
    This does not include Temporal Ambassador which moved (from Klingon's War) to Yesterday's War line, as well.

Some missions may be back/renewed later. Credit for info for sto gamepedia and reddit, but could be found at the post I linked to.
    Post edited by rndfluctuation#1470 on
  • Options
    edited November 2018
    Note that no player can fix this for you, (yes I am a player) it has to be a fix done "on other side", so unsure why you were redirected here - a bug report to alert the devs, maybe? Honestly, we did try to alert them about this issue before. Hope it works still one day...
  • Options
    kaithan1975kaithan1975 Member Posts: 947 Arc User
    The whole mission journal revamp and mission revamp just wasn't thought out very well. I don't expect removed missions to be back any time soon.
  • Options
    edited November 2018
    The whole mission journal revamp and mission revamp just wasn't thought out very well. I don't expect removed missions to be back any time soon.
    I agree with 1st part and still hope one day it's fixed for recruits, somehow, as more reports and data accomulate. Or, complaints in general (without relating to the OP's bug report, and still all reasonably polite, including mine ;))

Maybe after all this was the reason the player was sent here - to raise dev's awareness to an actual issue? (I don't know)
    They now have a list of probably affected missions probes above. (beside wasteland's probes etc which I don't know its status now)
    EDIT: Above list consists of AoY's Klingon's War's ALLEGEDLY REMOVED missions with probes which may be problematic. Equivalent Delta info for that line (problematic missions) is added as notes there too.

Either way I hope for us all that it is to be (somehow) fixed soon. Good luck.

P.S. My chars can not be directly checked for that (only compared missions names and available for me missions and probe's missions) as I have hurried up and finished those probes already before AoD. However I am still bothered by this (or care) and some of my friends and multiple other players like roguealltrek miss those.
  • Options
    where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    edited November 2018
    I have a bit of time tonight, I will sign in my Fed Delta Recruit and check her mission list against her Tasseract Device. Get back here. Then we will know: Bug or Glitch (on your character).
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • Options
    edited November 2018
    OK...had a bit of time before making lunches.... I checked my Federation Delta Recruit....

She no longer has a requirement for "Kuvah'magh" mission in her Tasseract Device.
    It is gone in the Episodes tab and Mission Journal, too.

ON a different mission: "The City on the Edge of Never" is still in the Tasseract Device but auto-completed. It is removed in Episode tab and Mission Journal for Federation. She was able to collect this reward, too.

BUT here is a picture of what I saw in the Tasseract Device for "The City on the Edge of Never":

https://i.imgur.com/j9BiB30.jpg

+++++++++++++++++++

The remaining Iconian Techs listed HER Tasseract Device....but NOT COMPLETED....
    (because I am not sure how the program is treating items she already completed):

"Skirmish", "What Lies Beneath", "Everything is Old is New" and "Night of the Comet", which should be in the Available tab at Level 65.

"City on the Edge of Never" is highlighted...and auto completed, as it is no longer in Mission Journal.

After this are: "Temporal Ambassador", "Installation 18", "Taris", "Coliseum", "Cutting the Cord", "Spoils of War", "The Factory", "The Gathering Darkness", and "Assimilation"....all of these are listed in the Mission Journal.

Last one is: "Cold Storage", which should be in the Available tab at Level 65.

++++++++++++++++++++

It seems all of the missions left in her Tasseract Device are in the Mission Journal.

It seems that "Kuvah'magh" is stuck for the OP....and did not Auto Complete for him/her when it should have.

@chrian#9670 @roguealltrek will need a hand with that one.
    Post edited by where2r1 on

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • Options
    edited November 2018
    Awsome to know (at least your) Fed Delta is "off the hook". Skimming on the list above it seems that KDF/RoM delta (who are able to access the wrappers) are safe too in that regard (careful though to get Nimbus III/Wasteland probes on 1st run just in case - no idea if repeats allowed) - even if they may delay completion to level 65.
    I guess dev took care of this (Delta Fed issue) without me realizing it, and I should apologize here. (I somehow understood otherwise before. Will later update the other thread to avoid misleading/misunderstanding due to my writing there too.)
    <blushes>

The OP may be an AoY. This might have caused the difference - I don't know.
    (again, allegedly removed missions to check of Klingon's War line are above)

Any AoY of you which can check? Sorry if this bothers (All my Delta/AoY recruits now only missing at max one Romulan mystery/two romulan specific lines and attached probes, depending on factions)
  • Options
    edited November 2018
    This particular Federation Delta Recruit is Level 14, so I can not check the status of "Breen Invasion" or the "Specters" or "Lost Dominion" stuff on her @rndflactuation.

• Options
    chrian#9670 chrian Member Posts: 622 Cryptic Developer
    Hello @roguealltrek @where2r1 , Thank you for the Ping there is indeed a bug, and it has been filed to the correct team to fix.
  • Options
    edited November 2018
    where2r1 wrote: »
    This particular Federation Delta Recruit is Level 14, so I can not check the status of "Breen Invasion" or the "Specters" or "Lost Dominion" stuff on her @rndflactuation.

Looks like I made some mixup here.
    (to the topic, I do believe you will find the DELTA probes in the wrappers WHEN able to access the missions by the wrappers. Hope this goes smoothly for you regarding wrappers. I do believe some AoY probes might still be missed.)

My mixup and error in explanation: "The Kuvan'magh" (according to the list above) was NEVER containing a probe for delta, it DID contain a probe for AoY - like it is for the OP who is AoY. (tos temporal with that device, and not the discovery char) As you can see the list of probes of the problematic line differ for fed deltas and AoY chars.

However there was a different yet possibly related issue of COUNTING/way of "ommiting" or including objectives for deltas... Though deltas, UNLIKE AOY (allegedly), have all probes in line/auto complete/wrappers, a picture of a completed delta showed on other topic (not of mine, from today I think) showed 39/40 objective fullfilled while all objectives were full. I have no idea and can only faintly speculate but speculated enough here :)

Both Deltas and AoY are affected (in different ways allegedly) but each might need a specific check to verify all is fine (after fix) as cases differ a bit. Either way it's now a known bug thanks to you two and will be fixed :)

P.S. Don't forget to claim that shining objective shown in image
  • Options
    edited November 2018
    Oh good God... I got so many Recruits now...I am getting more confused than ever!!

I have a Temporal Recruit, who can't do the "Breen Invasion" set of Temporal Probes, because of the problem with it missing for Level 65 on Federation side Mission Journal.

I have a Federation Delta Recruit, who is still only Level 14...she seems to be OK. Same with a Romulan Delta Recruit...Level 12...I have not even touched that one since before ViL. And about 5 more Delta Recruits in KDF...also, Level 12 and one at Level 20, also, done nothing with since before ViL.

I have 2 Federation Gamma Recruits and 2 Klingon Gamma Recruits...only one of those have the "regular" faction Missions even unlocked!!! LOL!

I can look at all sorts of stuff...I just can't keep them all straight nor differentiate them one from the other, any more. LOL! It is OK, not my job. LOL!

Wait... Temporal Recruits looking for Temporal Probes....and the Delta Recruits looking for the Iconian Artifacts, I think???

• Options
    I could have swore there was a Iconian Artifact in "The Kuvan'magh" for Delta Recruits.

It took me forever to find it....as it was BEHIND me, down by the beach, right where you beam down to the planet. I couldn't see it because you beam in next to a tree and the darn thing was hidden from view. I didn't even know there was a beach...never went that direction in that mission! LOL!

• Options
    inferiorityinferiority Member Posts: 4,004 Arc User
    "Skirmish", "What Lies Beneath", "Everything is Old is New" and "Night of the Comet", which should be in the Available tab at Level 65.

Last one is: "Cold Storage", which should be in the Available tab at Level 65.
    No, at level 65, you need to get the wrapper missions from Admiral Quinn and then complete each mission once before the replays will appear in the "Available" tab.
    - - - - I n f e r i o r i t y - C o m p l e x - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Everyone has a better name and Youtube Channel than me...  :/
  • Options
    edited November 2018
    I could have swore there was a Iconian Artifact in "The Kuvan'magh" for Delta Recruits.

It took me forever to find it....as it was BEHIND me, down by the beach, right where you beam down to the planet. I couldn't see it because you beam in next to a tree and the darn thing was hidden from view. I didn't even know there was a beach...never went that direction in that mission! LOL!

Ah THAT mission! I think I remember now. One can be lost there without finding... For me it was long ago since I've last done that mission

Anyway (speculation again) it probably means: 1. The sto gamepedia page was already updated since AoD to remove this <thing :) > from requirement on the button of that page from which I took the info (which is good for them), 2. There was indeed such a <thing> (removed with mission) and 3. They autocomplete the probe objective but NOT auto-completed/advanced or updated possibly the thingy SUB count (there are two types), or still required something/a count no longer available in max count in game.

I don't remember at this moment the exact names of those Delta things and its two sub categories - orbs/intelligence/technology or maybe artifacts, sorry.

...But it seems I go way off topic again, sorry :)
  • Options
    edited November 2018
    @chrian#9670 please still follow this topic even if the bug is KNOWN and about to be fixed. (and even if I spammed it a little :))
    Something I can't check but might be important (as done this mission and got the probe in it, and actually all Klingon's War related recruits objectives)

- Doomsday's Device mission on *PS4* for AoY (temporal) seems to be missing the probe since AoD, on Imaga according to Inferiority's report there (he searched on 3 places). I've generally noticed many bugs which appear on any of those system, at a point may be SHARED/"delayed"/"copied"/"inheriting" to, or "aqquired" somehow from other platform's code (e.g. XBOX inherited bugs from PC etc) and not yet fixed locally on it (until fixed as applicable). Regressions might occur too, OFC and fixes are not necessarily simultanious as well.
    - https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline#/discussion/1245266/mission-the-doomsday-device-post-aod-bugs
    - This mission wasn't appearing here in list since it is accessible in current official line so I didn't think there could be an issue - but there could, it seems.
    - In general, if staff change/return a mission, please mind its various probes possibilities for all relevant recruits.

- Also some other missions which only include probes for AoY need to be checked/tested separately (after fixed) from Delta

- Additionally if you auto complete an objective on non reachable/completely removed missions please make sure its category (and including sub category count if applicable) is completed/advanced in count as applicable (or have max count in category adjusted as well).

Sorry if I bothered.

P.S. - complementary links which may be relevant.
    Post from REDDIT with spoilers regarding AoY Temporal Orbs and their LOCATIONS A link regarding Delta Recruitment - see missions with Delta probes on the bottom of the page! Credit for sto gamepedia.
    https://sto.gamepedia.com/Delta_Recruitment
    The Kuvah'magh mission already removed from there though. (as page was updated to AoD)