test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Daeinos Warbird Destroyer levelling build advice

ihatepwe735ihatepwe735 Member Posts: 337 Arc User
edited November 2018 in The Shipyard
I am looking for a good levelling (40 to 65) build for a Romulan Science captain flying Daeinos Warbird Destroyer

I usually fly an engineer so this ship feels extra fragile (even accounting for the fact that as I took ownership I filled it with a variety of green thru purple Mk IV to Mk X items).

I am trying to keep the ship in its canon setup - i.e. with the weapon loadout it comes with - But I note that the build I got given when I purchased the ship was 2x Dual Plasma Cannon, Plasma Beam Array, Plasma Torpedo Launcher (Fore) and 2xPlasma Torpedo Launcher, Plasma Beam Array (Rear) which is a rather odd layout, so really, that's probably not going to work.

At any rate, I am terrible at making my own builds - I'd appreciate any advice on traits and skills my captain should take, BOFFs and BOFF skills and what crafted (I have an alt with max crafting in all skills) and mission gear I should equip as none of my Reps are levelled and I don't have the cash for an AH buying spree. Maybe 3mil EC tops.

Post edited by ihatepwe735 on

Best Answer

Answers

• ihatepwe735ihatepwe735 Member Posts: 337 Arc User
    The nonsense loadout is nonsense. I just find it odd that Cryptic sabotage their game so completely by (a) giving the ships such - by default - sub optimal builds and (b) providing no help at all in getting a sensible and complementary BOFF layout.
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,316 Arc User
    edited November 2018
    The weapon layout you want to maintain is awful. Pick either cannons or beams, but don't mix them.
    Here is a little old video on how to build a budget build.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QTKOuRZJqf4

If you're short of EC then replay missions.
    Look for the equipment you want and replay.
    https://sto.gamepedia.com/Episode_replay#Romulan_Mystery

Let us know what you decide upon for weapons from mission replay and then we can provide some pointers for boff, doffs etc.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • ihatepwe735ihatepwe735 Member Posts: 337 Arc User
    Cannons are nice and visceral for this kind of ship. Plasma because if the loadout is rubbish, at least I can keep it romulan.
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,316 Arc User
    I've made a quick build on skillplanner
    https://skillplanner.stoacademy.com/1b17e63f711b618a0c8fd72bce40d5e8

For some reason the boff seating would not go, but i'm sure others can provide a link for a solid build for skills and boffs.

One more thing, for some survival i suggest you get this trait from the House Pegh mission ASAP
    https://sto.gamepedia.com/Trait:_The_Best_Defense
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • generator88generator88 Member Posts: 698 Arc User
    > I am trying to keep the ship in its canon setup - i.e. with the weapon loadout it comes with - But I note that the build I got given when I purchased the ship was 2x Dual Plasma Cannon, Plasma Beam Array, Plasma Torpedo Launcher (Fore) and 2xPlasma Torpedo Launcher, Plasma Beam Array (Rear) which is a rather odd layout, so really, that's probably not going to work.

Do yourself a favor, don't tie a hand behind your back with that weapon layout. Get all the weapons "typed" (i.e. beams or cannons) so you've got everything on-target at once (possible concession of a torpedo fore).

Also, when you hit 50, hop over to the Dinaes. It's the "big brother" version of this ship.

Later on,
    Generator
    =================

I'm sure your DPS is great, but as Kahless said, "a petaQ with high system mastery is still a petaQ." (Well, he should have said it...!)