test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Game crashing out on PVE missions

Until this new patch I could crash out of game 1 time in a month at most, but now it has got so bad that I am crashing out of the game 10 plus times in less than 3 hours of game play.
It started the same day the New patch was introduced and has slowly got worse. Before anybody says it is my PC or Set-up, I have to remind you that I did not crash out before this patch.
Up until Saturday It would drop me from the game and send me out to the log in screen where I had to re-log in, but now it drops me out to the log in screen and says that I have tried to log in too many times, even though I have been playing the game constantly before that point.

How can I have logged in too many times when I was already playing the game?

Silly question really, I must have been logging in when I was killing in the Bug Hunt PVE.

Every time I go into a PVE I have less than 50% chance to be able to start the PVE when others start as I get dropped from the server, or worse I time out and I end up at the log-in screen and it tells me i have already logged in too many times, Once.

This has to be a top priority to be fixed because it is preventing game play. Why would I want to play a game which gives me penalties for 30 minutes because the game drops me and prevents me from playing.

If this is just a simple coding error then fine, but I know I am not the only person suffering this problem.

Comments

• Options
    where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    Are you using: On Demand Patching???

There seems to be some issues with files downloading as you go along. If you have a high speed internet interface, and no issues with limits on downloads...... I would turn On Demand Patching off.

THEN before you sign on, again....do a FORCE VERIFY of files to make sure you have everything already downloaded that the program needs to work. Good Luck.
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • Options
    lashedtodeck#3095 lashedtodeck Member Posts: 47 Arc User
    I do not have "On Demand Patching" turned on, I have always kept that turned off. I am re-verifying all of the files, but if this continues I can see myself having to wipe STO off my system completely and then re-installing a fresh up to date copy, which I should not have to.

For 165933 files to scan this is a long process to have to go through just to make sure its not the game files that are missing or corrupted.
  • Options
    rndfluctuation#1470 rndfluctuation Member Posts: 813 Arc User
    edited November 2018
    Might be good to try this once to verify/make sure and fix if needed, and see if it solves? It did help me one or a few times.
    (while patch on demand was OFF, verify found an error for me after a mismatch version - maybe out of curiosity I tested some silly (legitimate) things a bit too much :)/slow load on 1st time on AoD expansion/crash - don't remember the details, about once or twice at least since AoD and it seems to have solved an issue I shortly had. However I didn't have many/frequent issues while patch on demand was OFF (still as said there was a good reason for verify at a few times I had) - and it's already more than a month since AoD)

Then next times do only when it asks e.g. after bad crash/error detected, or by some mismatch errors?

P.S.
    keep patch on demand OFF as you meant to, as where2r1 said it's a good practice.
  • Options
    ltsuuvokltsuuvok Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    1:45PM
    Suuvok says»
    Until every bug in the game is fixed, I really don't want to hear about Devs' non-bug fixing activities.

Yep seems to me cryptic and sto are at it again with the crashes on the PVE. My sons Game crashes every time he gets done with the first lvl and when he waits for the next lvl game crashes.. tsk tsk .. and what the hell is this damn penalty for him when it is on your end the game crashes huh? I have run all system tests on his computer and everything is fine, I have verified every file on his system and there is no corrupted files what so ever .. also your game client sucks too .. and I am being nice when I say sucks.. I work for Microsoft as a software developer and tester and I have run a total system file check on every single file on his computer. So word of advice Cryptic get your act together,, And what I mean is don't release anything until your developers run a heavy testing of your software before you release it ..
  • Options
    where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    I do not have "On Demand Patching" turned on, I have always kept that turned off. I am re-verifying all of the files, but if this continues I can see myself having to wipe STO off my system completely and then re-installing a fresh up to date copy, which I should not have to.

For 165933 files to scan this is a long process to have to go through just to make sure its not the game files that are missing or corrupted.

Next:
    There seems to be some problems with the STO Program and how stable it runs in 64-bit or 32-bit set up. And seems depend on your computer. On some it works better in 32-bit and some it works better set up for 64-bit. There is no rhyme or reason for it...as far as I know.

To switch it back and forth go into the Launcher....sign in with your password....before clicking on "Engage", call up "Options". Place a checkmark in the box to use 32-bit, remove checkmark in the box to use 64-bit.

I found a pic I took of the options screen on the launcher some time ago....

https://imgur.com/6kMyCJG

Verified...the launcher options still look the same as in the pic above.
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin