test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Anybody else don't get the Binary Stars reward when warping out ?

doctorstegidoctorstegi Member Posts: 1,189 Arc User
Since the warp out options comes quiet a bit earlier then the choice of marks options, i warped out twice just to find out not getting the reward afterwards, is that a me thing or anybody else having the problem.
C-Store Inc. is still looking for active members on the fed side. If you don't have a fleet feel free to contact me in game @stegi.
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    kibi#8855 kibi Member Posts: 101 Arc User
    you get the reward as soon as the mission completes before warping out. I think theres a 20 hour cool down to get the daily reward
  • Options
    doctorstegidoctorstegi Member Posts: 1,189 Arc User
    kurzis wrote: »
    you get the reward as soon as the mission completes before warping out. I think theres a 20 hour cool down to get the daily reward
    I think you didn't get it. When you warp out before accepting the reward since the warp out "leave map now" options comes before the choice of marks you don't get the choice of marks box anymore and with that you wont get the daily reward. Unlike other TFO's where you still have the option to receive the rewards after you warped out.

C-Store Inc. is still looking for active members on the fed side. If you don't have a fleet feel free to contact me in game @stegi.
  • Options
    valarauko43valarauko43 Member Posts: 227 Arc User
    I got mine but I don't warp out as soon as the option appears. In fact I am probably too busy checking the mission -giver's assessment of my/our performance, and selecting my mark reward box to notice that the 'leave map now' button is available. Solution...wait.
  • Options
    where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    Regardless to when you get cleared for warp out, wait and give the server and program time to catch up on the process of completing the queue. You want to still be hanging around the team when it passes out the reward.

And seeing how slow everything ha s been responding lately.....
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • Options
    kiralynkiralyn Member Posts: 1,576 Arc User
    I could see making that mistake if one hadn't done queues before, but if you have, why would you click "leave" before getting the reward?
  • Options
    drunkflux#5679 drunkflux Member Posts: 215 Arc User
    If you didn't get the reward on a character the first time you tried the event and are in cooldown for it, i'd contact a GM. Generally you want to stay in the mission, pick the reward then leave.

A GM should see your in cooldown but haven't gotten the mark I'd think.

Thinking of ideas from lots of games for, dunno how long now.
  • Options
    wideningxgyrewideningxgyre Member Posts: 710 Arc User
    I think you didn't get it. When you warp out before accepting the reward since the warp out "leave map now" options comes before the choice of marks you don't get the choice of marks box anymore and with that you wont get the daily reward. Unlike other TFO's where you still have the option to receive the rewards after you warped out.

Although I haven't systematically tested every queue, all of the queues I've ever done where I've left before the choice box window appears did not give me any of the rewards. The RTFOs were the same - I didn't get any of queue rewards or extra rewards. Same for events and the event voucher.

You don't have to select the reward. The box simply needs to appear for it to be available when you re-materialize outside the queue.

I'm more surprised that it hasn't happened in any of the TFOs you've done, than that it DID happen in the event queue.
  • Options
    jozen#9312 jozen Member Posts: 102 Arc User

Although I haven't systematically tested every queue, all of the queues I've ever done where I've left before the choice box window appears did not give me any of the rewards. The RTFOs were the same - I didn't get any of queue rewards or extra rewards. Same for events and the event voucher.

You don't have to select the reward. The box simply needs to appear for it to be available when you re-materialize outside the queue.

I'm more surprised that it hasn't happened in any of the TFOs you've done, than that it DID happen in the event queue.

I'm not entirely sure that this is true. I have only ever seen it happen on the Battle of Binary Stars map. For some reason this particular mission seems to have a fairly long delay (>10s) before it registers complete. The completion for all other maps seems to pop simultaneously with the warp-out option
  • Options
    warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    Since the warp out options comes quiet a bit earlier then the choice of marks options, i warped out twice just to find out not getting the reward afterwards, is that a me thing or anybody else having the problem.
    Then don't do that.
  • Options
    phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,507 Arc User
    jozen#9312 wrote: »

I'm not entirely sure that this is true. I have only ever seen it happen on the Battle of Binary Stars map. For some reason this particular mission seems to have a fairly long delay (>10s) before it registers complete. The completion for all other maps seems to pop simultaneously with the warp-out option

It used to happen sometimes in RAs if you left before the choice box showed up. The server does not do everything in a synchronized way and it takes a while to catch up at the end sometimes.
  • Options
    erraberrab Member Posts: 1,428 Arc User
    edited December 2018
    I have 13 TFO tokens and was planning on getting the 14th one I needed tonight only to find the event gone...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    errab wrote: »
    I have 13 TFO tokens and was planning on getting the 14th one I needed tonight only to find the event gone...
    As long as you have the project in progress you might be able to finish it next time.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    gaevsmangaevsman Member Posts: 3,190 Arc User
    errab wrote: »
    As long as you have the project in progress you might be able to finish it next time.

And probably with the next FTFO, as it seems they are generic, as the weekend vouchers… i'm pretty sure they Will be usable for anything
    The forces of darkness are upon us!
  • Options
    erraberrab Member Posts: 1,428 Arc User
    cool,

Thanks guys
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.