test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

"Coliseum" broken after AoD launch

unscjon117#6939 unscjon117 Member Posts: 36 Arc User
Fed/Discovery/Vulcan/male/sci, after escaping coliseum and finding gourd #3, can't fill it with water. The "area trigger" (or whatever it's called) has apparently moved slightly higher than ground level. Rapidly double tapping (A) to jump and trigger it starts "Interacting...", but when the character reaches ground level again, the elevation and/or motion immediately cancels it. The trigger area is also impossibly small. The green "target area" circle on the mini map shows a wide area, but even if you're in that area and try to climb a rock to reach the appropriate elevation, you're too far away from the actual trigger area to reach it. Tried to "Abort Mission" and "Continue: Marooned" (which required a replay of the entire mission from the point when you exit the pipe), but no change in behavior. Had to drop and skip the mission in order to continue the story arc.

Comments

• Options
    darkstar#8047 darkstar Member Posts: 182 Arc User
    Yep this mission is really bugged at least for science char, I do not know if Tactical or Engineering are similarly bugged. Cannot get the water no matter what I try. There is also a resource node that is encased by a rock so you cannot collect it even though you can see it (it is the 2nd RnD node after escaping the arena where you start to enter the canyon).
    Also the Satellite where you are trying to disable the targeting priority from your ship to the hulk is really screwed up. The options don't appear unless you exit the console then activate the console again. The options do appear this time but the wording is all wrong and it is a guess as to which option it is you need to select, but eventually it does work.
  • Options
    rndfluctuation#1470 rndfluctuation Member Posts: 813 Arc User
    edited November 2018
    I don't know if it will work for you, and I know you are not on PC (there was a complain on PC on same issue,) but IIRC, it SEEMS the way I've recently completed the missions on *PC* on two sci chars, involved going (about) to the middle/center of the green circle marking the pool/quest objective. (just realized it is likely so yesterday on the second sci char)

*This isn't meant to nullify the bug report only to suggest a possible workaround
  • Options
    Cross linking to a similar discussion of a similar bug on *PC* - maybe some insight will be gained there from other players' responses such as where2r1 .
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline#/discussion/1245210/bug-report-mission-coliseum (PC similar issue)
  • Options
    inferiorityinferiority Member Posts: 4,004 Arc User
    I played the episode as an Engineer yesterday and didn't have any issue, so it seems to be a problem only with the specific Science-career-part-of-the-mission.

I did however notice that in the part of the mission where you escape from the Arena by climbing through the sewage/drain pipe, the water-level is now above the player-characters' head. More specifically, the ground has become lowered, leading to the character to be lower then the water-level. This makes it impossible to jump into the tunnel.
    Thankfully, you can jump toward the tunnel and hit the interact at the height of the jump. Timing is critical to make this work, though...
    - - - - I n f e r i o r i t y - C o m p l e x - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Everyone has a better name and Youtube Channel than me...  :/
  • Options
    edited November 2018
    I played the episode as an Engineer yesterday and didn't have any issue, so it seems to be a problem only with the specific Science-career-part-of-the-mission.

I did however notice that in the part of the mission where you escape from the Arena by climbing through the sewage/drain pipe, the water-level is now above the player-characters' head. More specifically, the ground has become lowered, leading to the character to be lower then the water-level. This makes it impossible to jump into the tunnel.
    Thankfully, you can jump toward the tunnel and hit the interact at the height of the jump. Timing is critical to make this work, though...

PARTIALLY helpful spoiler for the tunnel ONLY (found a way but could explain only inaccurately and only awkwardly and generally). This worked on PC but also there we had the lower ground in water area it seems so it's likely applicable here too.
    This post of mine is NOT AN ANSWER TO THE OP.
    Nowadays you can still find a rock on pool vicinity (not in water but bordering those) near the tunnel on one side. A rock on which you can walk, WALK BACK a bit on that dry area so you have a place to run a bit, then RUN *A BIT* on the rock AND then JUMP (I guess tunnel will be a bit on the left for you then before when you go FACE it, and RUN and accurately JUMP toward it "onto" the tunnel's front) accurately to stand "on" start of tunnel (start of the inside/front of it above the level of the water - where you should stand "on and in tunnel's start" and interact). Timing still play an issue but on timing your run/jump time and direction.

If you managed to find the rock and the road to run A BIT and jump, AND managed to jump from the right location to the right direction in the right time after A BIT OF RUNNING, you can comfortably stand within the tunnel and interact. (I didn't manage to do it the other way recently hence after many many tries I've found this way by trial and error)

This may take practice, time and falls though but it can work nicely while you grasp it
    Post edited by rndfluctuation#1470 on
  • Options
    This quest is still bugged and broken for science officers. I have walked all over the pool of water, onto the rock that is in the middle of the water and even ducked under the water and still can not fill the gourd with water thus completing the quest. I have stopped and restated this quest 3 times and still can not get the water. I do have the empty gourd completed, I just can't fill it.
    Would really appreciate a fix for this, I've had to skip this mission for now and am moving on.
  • Options
    ruinthefun wrote: »
    The Science objective for this mission has been broken for some time, yes. You will have to team up with someone who is nonscience if you want to complete this mission successfully.

That is annoying, been a while since I leveled a science officer, I made one for the Discovery release and now cannot complete the mission as I am not in a fleet and trying to team up with someone else can take a long time. I wish they would either get their act together and fix this bug or remove the quest line from the main quest line missions like they did with wasteland and the others, and make it another optional quest line to do at a later times and date.
  • Options
    edited November 2018
    Correcting my error after trying the quest yet another time:

Did this yesterday on the 3rd time since AoD on a sci char... (not XBOX but people complained SAME issue on PC)

Done successfully but this time but was a bit "harder"; I've noticed the interact dialogue box appeared not exactly in the middle of the green center, but close to the middle more than to the edge (I now understand it means - within the pool) - BUT it was NOT in the center of the pool exactly (sorry if I misled by accident), it was in a bit more shallow water - it required a bit of "strolling" within the pool this time but shortly after I started the clickable interaction box/dialogue appeared. Can't say where exactly. Yes there is a rock nearby but not sure where exactly the dialogue appeared.

Anyway my advice: tour a bit within the pool (not in the deepest water) once you completed the previous objective until an interaction appears :)

Chars I tried on: Sci fed (old) I think vulkan, Sci delta fed (new delta from before AoD) I think alien, sci AoY fed (old from before AoD) I think vulkan. I have no more sci chars left ATM