test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

2018 She-Ra and the Princesses of Power a Surprise Spin Off He-Man (2002) ???

ryurangerryuranger Member Posts: 520 Arc User
Hay Today we got She-Ra and the Princesses of Power its SUCH a good show With an Original Ideas into the Mythology of She-Ra her self.
"Red Alert Spoiler Warning"
As I watching the Show I notice some Easter Eggs in it that's Both part of Original She-Ra and The Masters of the Universe 2002 Series. First Easter Egg I saw was from the Beginning when they enter the Temple of the First Once when Adora Glimmer and Bow approach the Door Adora was able to Read the first once Language and the Password "Eternia" in the 4th EP we See Kowl Doll in Glimmers Room. The connection I See is Adora her self and the Sword of Protection its Almost the Same Desgine as the Sword of Power the Only Different the Bottom is more Mystic and has a Crystal and also as Adora becomes She-Ra The Sword Doubles much like Adams Sword of Power in the 2002 Reboot This is why I think the Two are actually connected is some way. Who knows what Season 2 might bring for She-RA and we may actually see HE-MAN him self in second Season that would be cool or at least mentioned
May the Shwartz Be With You
CWpA7_1VAAA7vBh.jpg

Comments

• smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,659 Arc User
    I'll stick to the original 80's series. I dont care for reboots.

Never better than the originals, most of the time, and most animation for modern day shows are sooooo........minimum.

It's like "Let's make the animation as BASIC as possible!". Never understood that mentality.
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    I discovered it today on Netflix. The amimation itself looks super generic, it is indistinguishable from the next four animated shows you select on Netflix. The characters all look so unappealing. Plus it is hard to be in competition with the original shows that certainly lack some coherent storytelling, but are full of charme and late 70s / early 80s power ballads 😁
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,354 Arc User
    The original show was done as cheaply as possible. It was, after all, basically a series of half-hour commercials for a toy line, and its success was judged not by ratings, but by how well the toys sold.

Haven't actually watched the reboot show, but I did see a video of the transformation process on YouTube, and was impressed - the animation is much more fluid, and the outline during the process shows that her "powered up" form is a good four inches taller than her normal form, as well as being more muscular. You're no longer left wondering how a simple change of clothes, without even so much as a domino mask, is supposed to hide her original identity.
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • lostcause212lostcause212 Member Posts: 160 Arc User
    jonsills wrote: »
    The original show was done as cheaply as possible. It was, after all, basically a series of half-hour commercials for a toy line, and its success was judged not by ratings, but by how well the toys sold.

And all the characters looked the same so they only needed to tool one basic body mould and just add different heads.
    yjIzVE9.png
  • grendelthewise#0990 grendelthewise Member Posts: 640 Arc User
    Why. I wouldn't waste my time watching it.
    Fleet Admiral of the U.S.S. ATTILA KHAN-CDA (NX-921911).
  • lostcause212lostcause212 Member Posts: 160 Arc User
    monodoso wrote: »

What's wrong with it?
    yjIzVE9.png
  • ryurangerryuranger Member Posts: 520 Arc User
    You Should Watch it its a really Great Show like all First Seasons they get a rough start but I am sure second will be even Better and a lot more Fan Favs will Show up
    CWpA7_1VAAA7vBh.jpg
  • grendelthewise#0990 grendelthewise Member Posts: 640 Arc User
    monodoso wrote: »

What's wrong with it?

SMH
    Fleet Admiral of the U.S.S. ATTILA KHAN-CDA (NX-921911).
  • ryurangerryuranger Member Posts: 520 Arc User
    Heman is not in it They are gonna be doing a Supergirl thing with She-ra I think
    CWpA7_1VAAA7vBh.jpg
  • starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    My problem with She-ra is that she looks too androgynous.