test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Exploration Maps

ihatepwe735ihatepwe735 Member Posts: 337 Arc User
It would add a lot to immersion if all systems could be explored i.e. have public maps that could be visited / used for roleplay purposes.

Additionally there should be multiple warp destinations in each system - Sol has more than just ESD as a point of interest for example.

These extra maps would be available to use as anchor points for Foundry content - in fact, perhaps Foundry authors could be used to seed this content.
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    I'd like that, also to visit Tellar Prime, Andoria and other planets of prominent factions. However, since they scrapped a lot of "underused" maps already I don't think we get more "empty" maps any time soon.
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,794 Arc User
    edited November 2018
    OP, that could work but I also wonder, could cryptic not add a element of randomness to the maps that we already have? Otherwise, we'll be done "exploring" everything as quickly as it's released with zero replay value.

We still have TONS of unused star systems throughout the existing sector space maps. Why not open them up as random system patrols aka exploration? Make dozens upon dozens of different patrols (preferably up to 100 over a long period of implementation) and make the patrol random so that they aren't based on which system we fly to. If we know what we're getting into, it's not random and there's no sense of wonder and exploration. Make each system have a long cooldown so that we HAVE to move on to different systems to give us the feeling of flying around and exploring.

Keep the existing patrols like the delta and romulan patrols intact but give us new patrols on the stars that already exist on the map that we currently cannot use. Add some commendation xp that's tied to whichever type of random patrol that we land. Military xp for combat patrols. Diplomacy xp for diplomacy patrols. Trade xp for trade based patrols. Add a whole new tier of commendation up to 250,000 like you did with the rep system and give us some sweet rewards for hitting 250,000. Such changes could be the basis of a huge improvement to the commendation/doffing system as well as a new system of exploration.

And please, make the patrols varied like I said above. Avoid the constant "destroy 3 space groups, destroy 3 ground groups, destroy 3 more space groups = done." Add some more diplomacy based dialogue. Add some pricing negotiations for trade based patrols. Add some mini games and other ways of diverting asteroids from destroying colonies. Do the same with regard to mini games for curing plagues on alien worlds. Give us some ruins to explore like you did on that one featured episode with the planet that had it's population wiped out by the Tzenkethi. Take inspiration from the "episode of the week" type of story telling from TNG.
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
  • where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    They really need to get the Foundry back on track.
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • ihatepwe735ihatepwe735 Member Posts: 337 Arc User
    where2r1 wrote: »
    They really need to get the Foundry back on track.

+1
This discussion has been closed.