downdiggerdowndigger Member Posts: 52 Arc User
IqDRvrV.png
4c02cccf09523a701c0e4f3b9aa56374.jpg
Where it all began
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on
Tagged:

Comments

• tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    The item was never meant to be in game... so they removed it. sucks but it happens. at least they gave ya 500 zen. why folks should never buy bugged/unofficial digital items in a game you have zero control over. it's not like you buying a real world physical bugged item (like an upside down airplane on a stamp). these digital things have zero value. guess you wanted 7 of them to resell at a later date or 1 for each toon?
  • salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,794 Arc User
    edited November 2018
    Sorry OP but you decided to acquire a known bugged item that was not intended to actually be released into the game. Also the TOS that you agreed to states that you don't own anything in STO and that they can change anything in the game at any time without warning.
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
  • downdiggerdowndigger Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    I was going to Resell them at a later date when the value of them would be more that what I spent even a couple thousand EC higher I'd be happy with that but I'm drawing a line " This far and no further"
    I will even Fax the Games manager to get results
    Mr Yoon Im
    Senior Vice President and General Manager of Game Publishing at PWE at 1001 East Hillsdale Boulevard Suite 800 Foster City, CA 94404
    United States
    Phone #650-590-7700
    Fax:650-591-1211
    www.pwe-inc.com
    Where it all began
  • bloodyrizbloodyriz Member Posts: 1,756 Arc User
    Heck I'm surprised anyone bought them for that kinda cost. I had mine (4 of em) for the cost of 4 basic tribbles (5 EC each), and the cost of 4 replicated Creme Sodas. Waited an hour and VIOLA I had em.​​
    signature.png
    We come in peace, SHOOT TO KILL!
    edited November 2018
    bloodyriz wrote: »
    Heck I'm surprised anyone bought them for that kinda cost. I had mine (4 of em) for the cost of 4 basic tribbles (5 EC each), and the cost of 4 replicated Creme Sodas. Waited an hour and VIOLA I had em.​​
    Ouch! So the OP overspent about 49,999,990 EC per tribble? For an estimated total overspend of 349,999,930 EC? That's brutal. That's a JJprise or Atlas worth of EC.
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
    At the time I bought them there was I think 20 in one bundle for 2 Billion EC and then 15 or 20 for 100 million Each and then if I remember right 10 others listed at 70 million each and TEN more at 50 million each so I Snapped at the Seven I could buy
    Where it all began
  • jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,354 Arc User
    There is no "exchange rate" between EC and Zen. You can't directly buy EC with Zen. (There's a sort of unofficial exchange rate in CO, because so many Silver players had keys to swap but couldn't carry the currency - that works out to about 1 key, usually 100 Zen, for about 100 Globals, equivalent to about 100 million EC.)

You were given, apparently, 1000 Zen, worth $10 USD, in exchange for something you weren't even supposed to have and an imaginary currency that didn't in fact cost you any real money. And now you're complaining about it???
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
    downdigger wrote: »
    At the time I bought them there was I think 20 in one bundle for 2 Billion EC and then 15 or 20 for 100 million Each and then if I remember right 10 others listed at 70 million each and TEN more at 50 million each so I Snapped at the Seven I could buy
    You might want to visit your local financial advisor for help with any future investment decisions.
    jonsills
    "You were given, apparently, 1000 Zen, worth $10 USD, in exchange for something you weren't even supposed to have and an imaginary currency that didn't in fact cost you any real money. And now you're complaining about it??? "

This is not about the Cost OR the Equivalent ZEN to EC ratio or what ever you call it "GLOBAL" virtual equivalent value!
    It is about the TIME it took to Acquire the EC I used to buy the damn things.
    How much it YOUR time worth? jonsills

You have no right to say I am complaining about my time which has value.
    ( and by the way you can NO longer Breed the Fortune Cookie Tribbles)
    What I'm voicing is that for the hours we all spend on line playing a game that we all have at one time or another spent some real cash on a game, be it this one or some other game bought on line or in a store, to be shooed a way like a pest is irrepressible.
    Where it all began
    reyan01 wrote: »
    downdigger wrote: »
    jonsills
    "You were given, apparently, 1000 Zen, worth $10 USD, in exchange for something you weren't even supposed to have and an imaginary currency that didn't in fact cost you any real money. And now you're complaining about it??? "

This is not about the Cost OR the Equivalent ZEN to EC ratio or what ever you call it "GLOBAL" virtual equivalent value!
    It is about the TIME it took to Acquire the EC I used to buy the damn things.
    How much it YOUR time worth? jonsills

You have no right to say I am complaining about my time which has value.
    ( and by the way you can NO longer Breed the Fortune Cookie Tribbles)
    What I'm voicing is that for the hours we all spend on line playing a game that we all have at one time or another spent some real cash on a game, be it this one or some other game bought on line or in a store, to be shooed a way like a pest is irrepressible.

Yeah, but you paid a stupid amount of EC.

Lets put it this way:

Cream soda: 20ec (replicator)
    Standard Tribble: 5ec (exchange)

So why exactly should Cryptic refund you? You're the one who decide to spend millions of EC on absolutely worthless items.

reyan01
    Any plain tribble and ONE Cream Soda will give you ONE Daring Tribble.
    Players may only possess a single Daring Tribble. If other Cream Sodas are in your inventory during the tribble breeding time, they will simply be eaten and vanish, not producing any tribbles.

reyan01
    You go find a Fortune Cookie Tribble
    Where it all began
  • sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    qeu cono cambio.
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

Sad really that even on the forums Trolls must put there 2 cents of worthless comments in and not stand behind a fellow player for what the posting is about which is about "The Value of Time and Effort" those that are saying i got a fair deal are the ones that most likely spent cash and are Whales in the game.
    I for one Spent TIME so don't tell me my time is worth $10 USD
    Where it all began
  • anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    I think they were very polite...

They should have deleted your ticket after your 3'd reply for your rudeness.
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
This discussion has been closed.