test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Can't change skin on D'Kyr starship

jameswilliejameswillie Member Posts: 149 Arc User
Noticed today as I went to change the skin material on my D'Kyr Science Vessel (T5-U) that when in the ship tailor I can change the skin material to Upgrade but when I click "Apply Changes" it converts back to material Type 1. When i noticed this I would go back to the tailor and it would be converted back to Type 1. There is no vanity shield slotted and actually I didn't even have a shied slotted in the regular slot either, was empty. I tested this on all 5 of my characters and ran into the same bug on all characters. The Upgrade skin material will not lock in.

Comments

• where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    Any of the other ones work? Or does all of them bug out?
    Leaving you with Type 1 as the only one usable?
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • jameswilliejameswillie Member Posts: 149 Arc User
    where2r1 wrote: »
    Any of the other ones work? Or does all of them bug out?
    Leaving you with Type 1 as the only one usable?

There are only 2 skin material options, Type 1 and Upgrade and the Upgrade one is the one that bugs out. If I intentionally select the Type 1 material it stays.
    edited November 2018
    Well, that totally sucks.

I am trying to remember a bug I saw in the tailor a little bit ago.... As the tailor changes could not be seen on my ship unless I signed in to the tailor twice.

I hope I wrote it down somewhere because it is escaping my mind right now. It has to do with my T-5 Vor'cha... let me see if I can find something in my archives.

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
    edited November 2018
    OK.. I was not seeing the updates to the ship in the Tailor when I initially go in the Tailor....but was seeing it on the SHIP STATUS page. Are you seeing that oddity??

I had to go in the Tailor then back out, then go back in the Tailor, again, to see the "correct" ship.
    It was suggested to me to click on "save" so I know I would have the "outfit" to load up when I want it. Just in case.

I was, also, advised this happened before: in the BOFF Tailor....not ship tailor. So, any ways....hope that helps.

where2r1 wrote: »
    OK.. I was not seeing the updates to the ship in the Tailor when I initially go in the Tailor....but was seeing it on the SHIP STATUS page. Are you seeing that oddity??

I had to go in the Tailor then back out, then go back in the Tailor, again, to see the "correct" ship.
    It was suggested to me to click on "save" so I know I would have the "outfit" to load up when I want it. Just in case.

I was, also, advised this happened before: in the BOFF Tailor....not ship tailor. So, any ways....hope that helps.

If your talking about the bug I think you are talking about, thats been around for a while. You go to your ship tailor with a ship thats a kitbash but once u open the tailor it shows a standard ship template, then u either have to load a saved ship or click out of the tailor and back in and then you have the correct ship look. Unfortunately not the same issue with the D'Kyr. Once I leave the ship tailor with the upgrade skin activated it then switches back to the Type 1 skin and when I click back to the ship tailor it also shows it as Type 1 on the selection tab. Upgrade skin doesn't lock in basically.
    Yes. That is the one...I was seeing it OK in status window, too.
    That is how I knew it was something wacky with the Tailor, not my ship.

So, that is too bad about your ship.
    The Devs will have to hunt for a missing material. That is gonna take time.

@chrian#9670 This one needs a once over, too. :)

• chrian#9670 chrian Member Posts: 622 Cryptic Developer
    Hello @jameswillie , Swap to the upgrade skin, then return to ship and angle the engines towards the camera and take a picture. Then go back swap to type 1 and do the same thing and post them in this thread. I tested the upgrade material and it applies properly outside of the ship tailor.
    OK this is my bad, my apologies. I did what you said Chrian, and also took other pictures at different angles of each skin and once I put them side by side I could tell the difference between the skins especially since I decided to look at them at a brighter light location. Darker (not in sunlight) locations the skins looked so similiar, least on my screen. The difference in the skins looked a lot greater in the tailor but once in space the difference looked more subtle, that is until I put the engines side by side in the photos and saw the differences. Once i saw that, I parked the ship in better light under both skins and could see the differences, just not so obvious in less lighting. Although when returning to the tailor with the Upgraded skin it will change it to the Type 1 skin, so that helped confuse me. Thanks again and apologies for wasting your time.

• chrian#9670 chrian Member Posts: 622 Cryptic Developer
    @jameswillie , I am glad I was able to help you and confirm there was no bug at least with the material outside of the ship tailor. So you did not waste my time. It's better to test things anyways.