test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Too many attempts; please try again later ???

So, I'm guessing that someone was trying to hack into my account and the system is designed to lock them out after x number if failed log ins.
Good for Cryptic for trying to protect our accounts, but .....

Now I am trying to access my account, and can't, until some unspecified time in the future. Exactly how long do I need to wait ? And if I don't wait long enough what, does it reset the timer and now I have to wait that entire, still unspecified, time again ?

Why isn't there some type of email notification about having x number of failed log in attempts with some kind of link so that I can go in and reset everything and go ahead and play STO ?

Does anyone have any information about this, how long I have to wait, or a way to reset everything ?
LTS and loving it.
Ariotex.png

Comments

• mirrorterranmirrorterran Member Posts: 423 Arc User
    I've gotten this multiple times recently. Apparently it's related to the lag that has cropped up. Each time for me simply reloading from scratch has fixed it.
  • arionisaarionisa Member Posts: 1,421 Arc User
    After a bit of "testing" it seems that if i just log off because I'm going AFK for possibly a long time and then attempt to log back in, I get the "too many attempts.." error, however if I actually exit the game instead of just logging off I don't have that problem.

So, there is a work around, it's just a pain that doing the same thing I've been doing for years with no problem no longer works since the latest patch.

Oh well
    LTS and loving it.
    Ariotex.png
  • dariusturaldariustural Member Posts: 94 Arc User
    Looks more like network issues across Cryptic and cogentco:
    patchserver-crypticstudios-com.png
    This is looking worse....
  • camdy#9806 camdy Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    so just not me then,i have to close the client down as it wont normally work from the afk time out.
  • dariusturaldariustural Member Posts: 94 Arc User
    Seems Cogent has a break in their long haul fiber from DC to Atlanta, according to their site. Repair crew(s) are on it, no ETA of completion. PLUS, they've been doing network upgrades at various nodes / sites as well. Cryptic cannot fix what they do not own and manage.