test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

T6 rep gear- thoughts so far?

sovereign010sovereign010 Member Posts: 636 Arc User
Like a lot of players here, I've reached T6 in the rep system just in time for the upgrade weekend and I'm wondering what everyone thinks about the T6 gear (weapons) that are now available. As far as I can see, they're basically an alternate choice to a set item but different energy type.

I have to wonder how much players are going to alter their builds to accommodate the new gear. Are there any unique set bonuses that weren't there before?
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    tom61stotom61sto Member Posts: 3,636 Arc User
    The big thing is the Terran Task Force Reputation project weapon has a Phaser option now. Combined with the Prolonged Engagement Phaser and the Trilithium two-set, it is up there, or possibly even above, what Disruptor had. It blends in a bit more the standard Phaser too, though sticks out during FAW.

Any Reputation item and set that buffed energy now also buffs the new type(s) gained for Tier 6. Though, it should be noted set bonuses were updated when AoD dropped, and don't require Tier 6 to have the new energy type buffs, only the weapons themselves.
  • Options
    tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    tom61sto wrote: »
    The big thing is the Terran Task Force Reputation project weapon has a Phaser option now. Combined with the Prolonged Engagement Phaser and the Trilithium two-set, it is up there, or possibly even above, what Disruptor had. It blends in a bit more the standard Phaser too, though sticks out during FAW.

Can you equip both the original Disruptor & Phaser versions at the same time?
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,018 Community Moderator
    Don't know. I'd lean towards no honestly. Because while they are different damage types, they're technically the same weapon. And you can only have one of a set piece equipped at a time. Otherwise we'd have people with a full loadout of them.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    pwstolemynamepwstolemyname Member Posts: 1,417 Arc User
    Personally I want to know about the omni-beams... can we equip the new phaser omni from the gama set along with the mission reward and RnD ones?
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,018 Community Moderator
    I think Rep still conflicts with Mission Reward.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    rattler2 wrote: »
    Don't know. I'd lean towards no honestly. Because while they are different damage types, they're technically the same weapon. And you can only have one of a set piece equipped at a time. Otherwise we'd have people with a full loadout of them.

Undine Rep Turrets... Dis & Phaser can both be used at same time.
  • Options
    alexraptorralexraptorr Member Posts: 1,192 Arc User
    Is it only the damage types that differ, or do they have different color effects as well?
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross. But it's not for the timid." - Q
  • Options
    salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,794 Arc User
    edited November 2018
    New gear might not SEEM all that great at first, then you look deeper and realize that there's some great potential out there.

- As others have pointed out, Terran rep will now offer a Phaser version of their Best In Slot DHC and Beam array. These will help phaser builds that have already received a ton of love over the last 2 years and will help push phasers over the top of disruptors in the DPS ranking.

- The new Experimental Romulan Disruptor Beam Array helps to augment disruptor beam builds in a great way. First, it's a beam that uses ZERO power like the often overlooked Experimental Romulan Plasma Beam Array. On top of the fact that it uses zero power, it also comes at CrtDx4 at UR which is almost an unheard of mod combo among special reputation weapons. Most have an awful combination like "[Acc] [CrtH]x2" or some other God awful combo.

- Lukari rep weapons are often overlooked. The console already grants a 39.4% cat 1 boost to Polaron at Mk XV epic. This is a fantastic boost for a non-tactical console slot. The special Lukari rep Polaron Beam and DHC both come at CrtDx3 and have a set 2 bonus of 15% cat 1 boost to Polaron. This means that with 1 console, you can get a total cat 1 boost of 54.4% to Polaron damage on either beams or DHC/Turrets which is pretty darn good ESPECIALLY for a non-tactical console slot. NOW, with T6, these wonderful benefits are being gifted to plasma which is considered one of the worst weapon groups right now. At least plasma finally gets some love.

- Undine rep adds Plasma and Tetryon versions of the Heavy Biomolecular Turret AND grants the 2 piece set bonus of 7.5% cat 2 damage to both plasma and tetryon now. This will be great for plasma and tetryon DHC/Turret builds. Yes, they do exist. Old school plasma lovers rejoice as plasma gets even more love from this update.

- Rep traits including Meta traits like the one that boosts CrtH by 4% and the other that boosts CrtD by 16% are getting a buff across the board with T6. Check all your rep traits to see what the new numbers are. You might start salivating.

- Last but not least, there are tons of new vanity shields that grant some nice visual options. Personally, I REALLY will enjoy the Terran visual for my Mirror Universe themed character.
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
  • Options
    Note: Gotten this earlier on in Tribble testing.
    tigeraries wrote: »

Nope. Only one per weapon type. You get blocked if you try to mount the Phaser DHC with the Disruptor DHC or the Phaser Beam Array with the Disruptor beam array. Oddly, both one DHC and one array of either type will work, though that'd be only useful on Haste speciality builds.
    Personally I want to know about the omni-beams... can we equip the new phaser omni from the gama set along with the mission reward and RnD ones?

It won't go with another set one, so a mission one will block it.
    Is it only the damage types that differ, or do they have different color effects as well?

Different colors, kinda overlayed the base type. The standard fire of the Terran disruptor is red, but the Phaser one is orange, though both mix orange to red when in FAW.

Bizarrely, you can still only have two Undine Rep Heavy Turrets, even though there's now four types. I forget which of the new Plasma of Tetryon Heavy Turret blocks which, but one of the new types blocks the Phaser Heavy Turret and the other the Disruptor.

• Options
    Shame the Terran rep doesn't also offer a DBB to round out the selection, means my phaser DBB toon will have to look elsewhere for more damage.
  • Options
    Shame the Terran rep doesn't also offer a DBB to round out the selection, means my phaser DBB toon will have to look elsewhere for more damage.

The TTF beam array out paces a DBB by a decent margin, due to it's active effect where it gains damage the more hurt an enemy is being quite large. Well worth running with a DBB setup.
  • Options
    questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,318 Arc User
    Anyone else think that it is a lost opportunity that the Omega Torpedo does not receive a boost from https://sto.gamepedia.com/Console_-_Tactical_-_Plasma_Infuser
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • Options
    peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    edited November 2018
    Think all my 12 toons/builds have seen some changes.

- Sloted the type 2 version of the traits

- Integrate new set options and upgrading (this was really a just in time surprise upgrade weekend)

- I also made changes in primary energy types given the new options. On a toon whose DPS I care the most about I switched to phasers but that’s was the most drastic change.

- 2 more toons have been adjustet to the comp. 2 or 3 piece option as it is a realy gameplay changer in light of the engines from that rep.

- Given the options I think Phaser and Plasma are the energy types that profit the most from the change with T6 with AP and Tet falling further behind in light of what they got.

My first ventures into PvE over the weekend immediately show a noteworthy performance increase. The klicking to get to T6 was a pain but overal worth it to do.
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Unfortunately, I was out of town when AoD released so I am five days behind on the march to T6. So I will miss out on this Upgrade Weekend.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    terranempire#7881 terranempire Member Posts: 1,222 Arc User
    T6 30 day grind is tiresome. I don't think I could stomach clicking 12 reps for 30 days again.
    tumblr_p30rz12vWH1qdb2vqo6_r1_540.gif
    "Great men are not peacemakers, Great men are conquerors!" - Captain Archer"
    "When diplomacy fails, there's only one alternative - violence. Force must be applied without apology. It's the Starfleet way." - Captain Janeway
    #Support Mirror Universe I.S.S. Prefixes
  • Options

The TTF beam array out paces a DBB by a decent margin, due to it's active effect where it gains damage the more hurt an enemy is being quite large. Well worth running with a DBB setup.
    Would it replace or supplement the Quantum Phase BA? Interesting, but wouldn't a DBB version of the TTF array be better still though?
    T6 30 day grind is tiresome. I don't think I could stomach clicking 12 reps for 30 days again.
    Especially across 11 toons, as I did. I'm so glad I saved up the marks I gained under the previous system so I was able to kick off each mission back-to-back. And I sure as hell am not going to go even further on my newest toon! :D
    questerius wrote: »
    Anyone else think that it is a lost opportunity that the Omega Torpedo does not receive a boost from https://sto.gamepedia.com/Console_-_Tactical_-_Plasma_Infuser
    Not when you consider that plasma beam and torpedo weapons have always been classified as separate damage types, for the projectiles it's the Ambiplasma Envelope that boosts it; a console that boosts both types of plasma damage would obviously be immensely useful.
  • Options
    gaevsmangaevsman Member Posts: 3,190 Arc User
    Is there any omni plasma?, we need a new one, for now we only have Access to the crafted one.. (also some lockbox ones, but cannot be used with the crafted one)
    The forces of darkness are upon us!
  • Options
    Note: Gotten this earlier on in Tribble testing.

Nope. Only one per weapon type. You get blocked if you try to mount the Phaser DHC with the Disruptor DHC or the Phaser Beam Array with the Disruptor beam array. Oddly, both one DHC and one array of either type will work, though that'd be only useful on Haste speciality builds.

It won't go with another set one, so a mission one will block it.

Different colors, kinda overlayed the base type. The standard fire of the Terran disruptor is red, but the Phaser one is orange, though both mix orange to red when in FAW.

Bizarrely, you can still only have two Undine Rep Heavy Turrets, even though there's now four types. I forget which of the new Plasma of Tetryon Heavy Turret blocks which, but one of the new types blocks the Phaser Heavy Turret and the other the Disruptor.

Basically killed all interest in T6.
  • Options
    edited November 2018

Would it replace or supplement the Quantum Phase BA? Interesting, but wouldn't a DBB version of the TTF array be better still though?

It could do either quite well. If you're attached to the death-laser three-set, keep the Quantum Phase and drop a DBB for the TTF BA, otherwise drop Quantum Phase beam and have an even bigger relative boost.

Having a DBB would be nice, but it seems the T6 Rep was intended to be a bit quick and so didn't add much in the way of items. (I.E. no warp cores for older sets, new weapons are basically recolors with base type changed)
    Especially across 11 toons, as I did. I'm so glad I saved up the marks I gained under the previous system so I was able to kick off each mission back-to-back. And I sure as hell am not going to go even further on my newest toon! :D

Ugh. After doing just a partial set on Tribble I am not ready to do it on my 10 Holodeck characters. Until the one hit start buttons get implemented I'm skipping out on it, as I don't see the point unless every end-game toon I have has it.

• Options
    sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    if I had known or looked into it carefully before doing this I might not have bothered with T6. The clicking was horrible. still have hundreds of boxes to discard. they kept all my EC, marks, and expertise at the end. I have to pay for most rewards.

I guess the 2% boosts are ok, but are they worth all that clicking? close call.
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• Options
    salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,794 Arc User
    My first character will be done in a couple of hours and the other 10 characters will be done tomorrow. Remember South Park?

"Now we can finally play the game."
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
  • Options
    postagepaidpostagepaid Member Posts: 2,899 Arc User
    While its true that plasma did get some new toys they, for whatever insane reason, decided that it was still not time to give them that second omni which has been such a massively obvious omission.

Putting plasma into gamma rep would have been the easiest way of doing so.

At first I was mildly interested in t6 rep toys. Then they announced it'd only be a single extra energy type per rep but neglected to say what. Interest dwindled. Then once someone on the forums posted what the offerings were I decided to cap the t6 reps on one character and do the rest when I get around to it because there wasn't anything that jumped out as worth grinding for.
  • Options
    alexraptorralexraptorr Member Posts: 1,192 Arc User
    Honestly I wish the T6 damage bonus extended to all Reputation weapons, not just the project ones. Would give people a little extra incentive to use them.
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross. But it's not for the timid." - Q
  • Options
    questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,318 Arc User
    Not when you consider that plasma beam and torpedo weapons have always been classified as separate damage types, for the projectiles it's the Ambiplasma Envelope that boosts it; a console that boosts both types of plasma damage would obviously be immensely useful.

The unique omega torpedo is as close to a plasma energy torpedo as one can get so a boost from plasma infuser consoles would make some sense.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • Options
    asuran14asuran14 Member Posts: 2,335 Arc User
    I like alot of what came out of the tier six changes to the reps. Though i will say with some of the reps that have a unique energy type like the proton weapon in dyson, or the kenetic cutting beam in the borg/omega rep, that they might have looked into changing the torpedo type of the rep torpedo. Like giving us a quantum/tricobalt variant of the grav-torp in dyson, or a photon variant of the omega torpedo for instance. Even expanding this to the other rep might have been fun, like getting a transphasic bio-matter torpedo.
  • Options
    warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User

The unique omega torpedo is as close to a plasma energy torpedo as one can get so a boost from plasma infuser consoles would make some sense.

A weapon either does energy damage or it does not. It is impossible for one to be "close" to doing energy damage. The Omega torpedo does not do energy damage, therefore it isn't an energy torpedo.
  • Options
    shadowwraith#9264 shadowwraith Member Posts: 379 Arc User
    warpangel wrote: »

A weapon either does energy damage or it does not. It is impossible for one to be "close" to doing energy damage. The Omega torpedo does not do energy damage, therefore it isn't an energy torpedo.

the omega torp does plasma damage which is an energy type but this variant isn't boosted by the plasma infuser or ambiplasma consoles, plus the high yield omega torps are described in-game as plasma energy bolts.
    • Draal - FED, Saurian, LV60 - TAC
    • Mirak - FED 23c, Vulkan, LV60 - TAC
    • Ascaran Bloodclaw - KDF, Gorn, Lv18 - TAC
    • Melchiah - KDF, Gorn, LV60 - TAC
    • Ne'roon - KDF,Lethian, L60, TAC
    • Turel - ROM-KDF, Reman, 30, TAC
    • Elric - ROM-Fed, Romulan, L60, TAC
    • Richtor Belmont - FED 23c, Human,LV20, SCI
    • G'Kar - KDF, Gorn, L10

USS Sharlin NCC79713 B (part of sheridans access code) - T6, Hestia Class Advanced Escort
    USS Babylon IV - T6 Krenim Science Vessel
    USS Brakiri - T6 Elachi Escort
    270?cb=20061004071055
    "I am Grey. I stand between the candle and the star."
    "We are Grey. We stand between the darkness and the light."

– Grey Council greeting
  • Options
    bendalekbendalek Member Posts: 1,781 Arc User
    I would have liked to have seen some "parity" in weapon types/pieces, particularity with some of the older rep's. For instance a Nukara Omni and/or DHC and/or Heavy Turret to go with the space set.

I also would have liked to have seen some other reps apart form Dyson have Tactical Consoles and/or Eng/Sci consoles, as we only realistically have one option for Tac consoles (even crafted), unless you run a Rom, in which case you "may" get away with a single Colony Tac console.
    Oh, hoho hohhhhh, Oh,, hoho, hohhhhh
    My%20STO%20Sig%20Clear_zps5etu86s1.png
This discussion has been closed.