test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Anyone else noticing horrible lag in game?

124»

Comments

• Options
    where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    Kael made an announcement about this:
    Hey folks,

We've been looking into the lag and rubber banding issues in the game, and determined the cause. Unfortunately, the cause was a fix we'd put in place to fix an entirely different bug - that Captains were getting their skills invalidated by claiming Tier 6 reputations. Because the lag is a larger issue throughout the game, we've decided to remove the previous fix as of a few minutes ago. This means that until our next update, where we'll be instituting a fix that should solve both problems, you should avoid claiming a Tier 6 Reputation. We apologize for the inconvenience - the fact that these two things are even related is mind boggling, but that's coding for you.

https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline/#/discussion/1245247/on-lag-and-tier-6-reputations
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • Options
    jamieblanchardjamieblanchard Member Posts: 556 Arc User
    ethoir wrote: »
    Still seeing the rubber banding. But I did have a day or two where it wasn't flinging me around a map or getting me exploded.

Then a winter storm drifted in with sleet and below-freezing conditions. I had stayed off the game for a couple of days between the last "calm period" and now, and I immediately hit ping spikes when I do.

But I'm thinking weather in my local area is aggravating things. Even my ISP (Verizon) is agreeing with the potential idea that part of my issues might be weather-related.

It's getting snowy and icy on my end as well, and in the absence of anything that disproves it, I'm inclined to agree that that also plays a role.
    Resident TOS, G.I. Joe, Transformers and hair metal fangirl.

And knowing is half the battle!

21 'til I die!
  • Options
    ussvaliant#6064 ussvaliant Member Posts: 1,006 Arc User
    where2r1 wrote: »
    Kael made an announcement about this:
    Hey folks,

We've been looking into the lag and rubber banding issues in the game, and determined the cause. Unfortunately, the cause was a fix we'd put in place to fix an entirely different bug - that Captains were getting their skills invalidated by claiming Tier 6 reputations. Because the lag is a larger issue throughout the game, we've decided to remove the previous fix as of a few minutes ago. This means that until our next update, where we'll be instituting a fix that should solve both problems, you should avoid claiming a Tier 6 Reputation. We apologize for the inconvenience - the fact that these two things are even related is mind boggling, but that's coding for you.

https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline/#/discussion/1245247/on-lag-and-tier-6-reputations

At least we now have an answer and time scale on a fix thanks for sharing
    maR4zDV.jpg

Hello rubber banding my old friend, time to bounce around the battlezone again, where are all my bug reports going?, out of love with this game I am falling, As Cryptic fail to acknowledge a problem exists, Shakes an angry fist, And from Support all I'm hearing are the sounds of silence.
This discussion has been closed.