test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

swarmer performance after the patch

feliseanfelisean Member Posts: 688 Arc User
edited November 2018 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
hey,

we've tested the swarmer again after the 30% damage reduction. used several buffs/debuffs versus the gate and used 2 swarmer devices from episode home (personal trait hive defense should work the same way). i would stil say they are performing way too good versus bigger targets (taccube, gate, voth citadel dread, borg queen, unimatrixvessels based on our tests some time ago).

here is the result:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LUuvzapi2b4

i stil think that even with a lot of buffs/debuffs its way too strong that 2 devices are able to kill the gate in isa through the heal in less than 10 seconds.

hope it could be checked again ;)

here is a video to show the difference between big targets (voth citadel dread) and a smaller target (voth bastion cruiser). you could clearly see a difference in the hits from around times 10 (2000-2500 dmg per hit vs the citadel dread) as it does versus the bastion cruiser (around 150-200 damage per hit). hope this ilustrates the issues with those swarmers. used the personal trait swarmers (hive defenses) for this video:

https://youtu.be/oHpNpjce3xQ
Post edited by felisean on

Comments

• tunebreakertunebreaker Member Posts: 1,222 Arc User
    But we can't nerf those swarmers any further or else they'll be disadvantaged against poor Delta Alliance Beacon summonables... :(

/s

In all seriousness, thx for the video - exactly as I said myself as well, that so-called "nerf" changed nothing.
  • feliseanfelisean Member Posts: 688 Arc User
    But we can't nerf those swarmers any further or else they'll be disadvantaged against poor Delta Alliance Beacon summonables... :(

/s

In all seriousness, thx for the video - exactly as I said myself as well, that so-called "nerf" changed nothing.

yea, as long as the x10 damage vs big targets isnt fixed the problem is stil there
  • syrupofsquillsyrupofsquill Member Posts: 159 Arc User
    Your claming they are overpowered in the most overpowering situations, where all the dps buffs in isa. Maybe they shouldnt nerf stuff everywhere else in the game because of isa situation. Maybe they shouldnt nerf stuff everywhere else in the game because of pvp situation. You might recall history differently but they just nerfed players by %50 everthing, doubled hitpoints and resistances on like every npc. A lot of it can leave new players feeling like this game is broken. The harm now is that someone might feel like someone else is doing too much damage in like isa pugs?
    Your claming they are overpowered in the most overpowering situations, where all the dps buffs in isa. Maybe they shouldnt nerf stuff everywhere else in the game because of isa situation. Maybe they shouldnt nerf stuff everywhere else in the game because of pvp situation. You might recall history differently but they just nerfed players by %50 everthing, doubled hitpoints and resistances on like every npc. A lot of it can leave new players feeling like this game is broken. The harm now is that someone might feel like someone else is doing too much damage in like isa pugs?

buffing them ok, but the major problem is what you could see in the second video. the same applies for the gateway. its a x10 damage multiplier versus the big targets.

at reddit @crypticspartan#0627 mentioned that they found and hopefully fixed that problem ;)
    after that fix, a video like the first one is not possible anymore.
  • doctorstegidoctorstegi Member Posts: 1,188 Arc User

Lol last isa i parsed one of my buddies did 128k. 89k where done by swarmers, So yeah i would say they need a nerf. Funny thing is they do only such insane damage against borg, haven't seen them doing that much elsewhere. That trait should never do more damage than elite hangar pets but it surely does x times more then them in Borg maps.

C-Store Inc. is still looking for active members on the fed side. If you don't have a fleet feel free to contact me in game @stegi.
  • syrupofsquillsyrupofsquill Member Posts: 159 Arc User
    Lol last isa i parsed one of my buddies did 128k. 89k where done by swarmers, So yeah i would say they need a nerf. Funny thing is they do only such insane damage against borg, haven't seen them doing that much elsewhere. That trait should never do more damage than elite hangar pets but it surely does x times more then them in Borg maps.
    89k where done by swarmers, So yeah i would say they need a nerf.
    Why?
    The swarmers fly over to the gateway and the damage they do is instantly healed so they really do 0 dmg. So showing as overpowered in ISA when really not doing any damage to the gateway. Everything is overpowered in ISA including ppl making videos of using stock white weapons that come on ships. So lets ruin them everywhere else in the game.
    89k where done by swarmers, So yeah i would say they need a nerf.
    Why?
    The swarmers fly over to the gateway and the damage they do is instantly healed so they really do 0 dmg. So showing as overpowered in ISA when really not doing any damage to the gateway. Everything is overpowered in ISA including ppl making videos of using stock white weapons that come on ships. So lets ruin them everywhere else in the game.

did you actually watched the video? with buffs/debuffs 2x swarmers are enough to kill the gate THROUGH the heal ;)

but hopefully thats fixed soon after the patch
    @chrian#9670 @crypticspartan#0627

ok the x10 dmg multiplier versus big targets seems to be fixed.

but it stil seems that self damage buffs (in this case attack pattern alpha, domino console, dynamic power redistributor console, go down fighting, tactical fleet) influence the damage output from the personal trait swarmers.
    first tests indicate that this is a personal trait swarmer problem only.

buffed trait swarmers with self damage buffs:
    https://youtu.be/0-xiwt45In8

unbuffed trait swarmers:
    https://youtu.be/Ixb_H9fm8ag

hope thats helpful
    ok another adendum for the personal trait swarmers.

consoles with phaser bonus increase the performance from those swarmers.

beginning from the video => swarmers with phaser consoles equipped (4x colony console ur (37.5%), 1x tactical counter-command multi-conduit energy relay (+32.7%) , 1x domino (+15%), 2 piece bonus from synergistic retrofiting set (+30%), ordonance accelerator (+26.3%). no energy enhancing traits equipped. skilltree with 3 points energy weapon training and 3 points for coordination protocols.

from ~ 1 minute => all consoles removed.

video:
    https://youtu.be/7vCc2X0PogY

@chrian#9670 would be great to know if this is intended or not :)
    @ambassadorkael#6946

hey,
    any news if the buffing issue shown in the last 2 posts is intended or not? :)
    would be great to get a short feedback if the description of the problem is enough or if more data would be required to be helpful :)