test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[PC] Phoenix Prize Pack and an Upgrade Weekend!

ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,673 Community Manager
As a thank you to all of our PC Captains for standing with the Alliance despite some recent technical issues, we're putting on a Phoenix Prize Pack and an Upgrade Weekend this weekend!

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/11013923

Comments

• where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    I don't know why I am addicted to opening these things.
    Could care less about upgrading...but I got my piles of these tokens going in storage.
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    The Dilithium value rose surprisingly quick from this.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • nommo#5819 nommo Member Posts: 1,105 Arc User
    It should be stated, big thanks & well done, Cryptic, for this extra gift. Won't win an Ultra Rare or Epic with my luck, but a nice gesture, Cryptic, above & beyond with pairing another Phoenix with the Upgrade boosting. Good luck everyone.
  • cklibcklib Member Posts: 188 Arc User
    Sure. Let's spring this on us the day people reach tier 6 in all their reputations.

Use the goddamn in-game calendar, that's what it's for.
  • kiralynkiralyn Member Posts: 1,576 Arc User
    I suspect they noticed how much Dil was entering the economy from everyone running the T6 rep projects, and decided on short notice to do another Phoenix event.

(Like, for me, 12 characters x 12 reps = 49k Dil/day for 30 days.)
  • sovereign010sovereign010 Member Posts: 636 Arc User
    edited November 2018
    Well obviously this is the idea, and this is only the second time I know of where the Phoenix event co-indices with an upgrade one. The only downside to combining them is that it will halve the demand for refined dilithium for upgrades, last time it halved the drop in the exchange rate.
  • postagepaidpostagepaid Member Posts: 2,899 Arc User
    cklib wrote: »
    Sure. Let's spring this on us the day people reach tier 6 in all their reputations.

Phoenix is never on the calendar in advance (only console players get the advance warning from when it appears on PC) and if you read the post it was an extra thrown in to say sorry for recent issues and thanks for sticking around enough to see the event is happening.
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User

What are you so angry about, the timing is perfect!!

I just unlocked a whole bunch of new gear via T6 reputation and I get a Phoenix Box and Upgrade Weekend right away.. that's FANTASTIC!!

Seriously... how can anyone possibly be pissed about this?

Thank you Cryptic.. this is sincerely appreciated!
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • borgdp010#9382 borgdp010 Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited November 2018
    awesome. now please prolongue the event for another day since the patching servers are extra slow today so most of europe/asia is going to miss today as we won't be able wait about 5!!! hours for 3.5gb to patch.
  • phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,459 Arc User
    nommo#5819 wrote: »
    It should be stated, big thanks & well done, Cryptic, for this extra gift. Won't win an Ultra Rare or Epic with my luck, but a nice gesture, Cryptic, above & beyond with pairing another Phoenix with the Upgrade boosting. Good luck everyone.

In the last one the best I got was one very rare, but it is still nice having the chance to get a ship the purple doffs, and other gear, and the upgrade tokens are so very useful :)
  • jcswwjcsww Member Posts: 6,789 Arc User
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,969 Community Moderator

Because obviously its some kind of conspiracy, therefor it is evil. Not only that... but obviously Cryptic can't do anything right, therefor it is wrong, and must be hated.

Sometimes I don't get the logic behind some of the rage either honestly.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • yakodymyakodym Member Posts: 362 Arc User
    Could we finally get the Sompek Pulsewave please?
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,275 Arc User
    see, THIS was the correct time to do an upgrade weekend; not the last time you ran one while the embargo on purchasing rep gear was still in effect​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • redwren89redwren89 Member Posts: 257 Arc User
    edited November 2018
    All well and good except still no Denorios-class Bajoran interceptor. Why why why is this omitted from the magic box?

edit:
    Previous anniversary ships found their way into the Phoenix box. I'll buy the box if I see the most recent anniversary ship in there too!
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    'No one expects the Spanish... eh, Phoenix Prize Pack Event.' ;)
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • anodynesanodynes Member Posts: 1,999 Arc User
    edited November 2018
    redwren89 wrote: »
    All well and good except still no Denorios-class Bajoran interceptor. Why why why is this omitted from the magic box?

edit:
    Previous anniversary ships found their way into the Phoenix box. I'll buy the box if I see the most recent anniversary ship in there too!

It was this year's anniversary ship. There's never been, to my knowledge, an event ship that was less than about a year old that went into a Phoenix Prize Pack. The Vorgon Rinky-Dink Ryn'kodan Carrier still isn't even in there, and it was the 2017 Risa event ship.

Judging by the duration between the last 2 updates to the contents, you might not see the Bajoran ship until next May/June. Which also applies to:
    yakodym wrote: »
    Could we finally get the Sompek Pulsewave please?

this request, and to those of us waiting for the I.S.S Stadi Admiralty card, and anything past the Sompek Pulsewave, up until about May of this year. Anything later than that might take until May/June 2020 if they keep up with the roughly yearly updates to the contents.
    This is an MMO, not a Star Trek episode simulator. That would make for a terrible game.
  • eazzieeazzie Member Posts: 3,979 Arc User

What are you so angry about, the timing is perfect!!

I just unlocked a whole bunch of new gear via T6 reputation and I get a Phoenix Box and Upgrade Weekend right away.. that's FANTASTIC!!

Thank you Cryptic.. this is sincerely appreciated!

Seconded. Although personally I have a week to go on my T6 rep after being away on a weeks vacation so I'm a bit behind. But the upgrade weekend and Phoenix boxes are coming in handy for my torp upgrade :)
  • fadmbambamfadmbambam Member Posts: 656 Arc User
    The event ended early. The announcement says "We are excited to announce the return of the Phoenix Prize Pack, which return to Star Trek Online on PC from November 8th at 8AM PT til November 12th at 10am PT." We still have 2 hours to go before it's 10am PT!
  • gia42gia42 Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited November 2018
    fadmbambam wrote: »
    The event ended early. The announcement says "We are excited to announce the return of the Phoenix Prize Pack, which return to Star Trek Online on PC from November 8th at 8AM PT til November 12th at 10am PT." We still have 2 hours to go before it's 10am PT!

Yes, Cryptic did it again... announced a time and ended it earlier. They sure know how to make friends. Probably someone coded it to end at the start of maintenance, not considering it doesn't always end with maintenance.

Edit: One question remains, though. Is upgrade event already over early, too?
  • tahnalostahnalos Member Posts: 257 Arc User
    Argh. Someone forgot to tell everyone it was EST not PDT!!!!
    Fleet Affiliations:
    FED: Royal Federation Mounted Starfleet: SB3, TAC3, ENG3, SCI3, Win, Int, DOff(T/E/S/B)
    KDF: Parliamentary Klingon Empire: SB2, TAC2, ENG2, SCI2, Win, DOff(T)

Interested in joining? Please send a PM to @Tahna_Los.
  • iamynaughtiamynaught Member Posts: 1,285 Arc User
    Event ended 2 hours early, or someone put down the wrong time it was due to end. Either way, I missed claiming my pack for today by mere seconds. I literally saw Grym vanish as I was walking up to him.

C'est la vie.
    Hello. My name is iamynaught and I am an altaholic.

Losing faith in humanity, one person at a time.
  • jcswwjcsww Member Posts: 6,789 Arc User
    iamynaught wrote: »
    Event ended 2 hours early, or someone put down the wrong time it was due to end. Either way, I missed claiming my pack for today by mere seconds. I literally saw Grym vanish as I was walking up to him.

C'est la vie.

I was going to buy a 10 pack or two but yeah... It appears PWE still can't tell time. )= Hopefully they will be back soon.
  • sarvour0sarvour0 Member Posts: 382 Arc User
    I was alting hard, to get as many packs as my dil piles could afford; I got barely 2/3 of my alts, when around 11am eastern, no more Prize Packs.
    :(
    4073703.jpg
    [SIGPIC]Sarvour Shipyards[/SIGPIC]Sarvour Shipyards
    =A=Commodore Joshua Daniel Sarvour, S.C.E.
    U.S.S. AKAGI NX-93347, Enterprise-class Battle Cruiser =A= U.S.S. T'KORA'S WRATH NX-110047, Odyssey-class Battle Cruiser

"There Ain't No Grave, Can Hold My Body Down..."

PS - I fully support a T6 Nova, fixing the Nova skins. I am also rooting for a T6 Science Cruiser, that can use Nova/Rhode Island skins.
    T6 Nova/Rhode Island, T6 Oberth & T6 Constellation are needed. Also needed a T6 Science Cruiser, that can wear any Science or Cruiser skin.
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    They seem to always have problems with Event end times. There have been issues of times not agreeing between the News Blog and the In-game Calendar as well for other type Events.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • dragonhef01dragonhef01 Member Posts: 406 Arc User
    My AoD Engineering Vulcan thanks you.