test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

In Ground Missions, I arm all my landing party members but 2 of them won't use their weapons. WHY?

wdwormack214wdwormack214 Member Posts: 131 Arc User
Every bridge officer, that I've acquire, I made it a point to give them what I hope is the proper gear to make the landing party/away team's mission a successful, and SAFE one. But I don't seem to have a proper grasp of just how ground combat tactics work. In a 5-Person team (my central character plus 4 other officers), two of the team NEVER 'draw' or even 'use' the weapons I equip them with. I also can't seem to give them any proper instructions on 'teamwork'. As soon as the "shooting starts", the two 'unarmed' officers run straight into the very line of fire! Is there ANYONE who can tell me, just what I need to do to get better control of ground forces, I'M SUPPOSED TO BE 'LEADING'?

Comments

• qqqqiiqqqqii Member Posts: 473 Arc User
    Not enough info. What are you equipping them WITH?

The first thing that comes to mind: BOffs are dirt-stupid about using melee weapons. Generally, they don't, at all.

Second. in my experience, it's less about the gear and more how you skill them.

Third, "running into the line of fire" is typical, and mostly irrelevant. You can't tell them to flank an enemy; that's mostly your job. And they can't come under friendly fire; THAT abomination was removed from the game a long time ago.
  • mournblade#1863 mournblade Member Posts: 74 Arc User
    As noted above, with some additional suggestions of my own.

First, as was already mentioned, the skills of your away team are more important than their weapons. I generally go with two Tac for DPS support, one Engineer for general support, and one Science for heals. I load their skill slots accordingly, making sure I don't duplicate anything between the two Tac officers.

Second, use rep ground sets for your away team, especially ones that offer team buffs. These help. A LOT.

Third, make sure your away team weapons are able to do Expose damage, such as autofire rifles, and that your own Captain's weapon(s) are able to do Exploit damage. The synergy makes a huge difference when your away team exposes targets for you that you can then exploit.

Fourth, ground traits matter for your away team, just as space traits matter for your Bridge crew. Don't use BOFFs with space traits on your away team (or BOFFs with no space traits in your Bridge crew). Ideally, the BOFFS used on your away team should be completely different than the BOFFs used in your Bridge crew.

Lastly, your own ground gear for your Captain matters, as well as what kit and modules you use, and your specialization. I'm not going to get into all that here since it's a potentially lengthy topic, but for the sake of simplicity, bear in mind that the brunt of your away team's effectiveness rests with you.

Hope that helps.
  • champion137champion137 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    I have the same problem, found if i holster my weapon then redraw it they will equip their weapons..have to keep close watch tho cause changing zones undoes it.