test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Sompek Shield stats change when equipped.

Why does the Sompek shield state 303.7 shield capacity when in my inventory, but drops to 120 shield capacity when equipped to one of my BOffs? I got it to equip my medical officer with, but if it's capacity is only 120 it's kind of useless at level 65.

Comments

• sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,443 Arc User
    edited November 2018
    Did you equip this BOFF in space or on ground? Is it upgradable? Also, this sounds like a item details bug and should be reported in the Support section under PC Gameplay Bug Reports and not in the Feedback section. Thanks. :)
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
  • rndfluctuation#1470 rndfluctuation Member Posts: 813 Arc User
    edited November 2018
    Ah. I don't know if it's tooltip only so I treated it as a potential real issue.

Item marked of level infinity or otherwise level adjusting (8 turned 90 degrees to right or left) adjust to YOUR level. Until a certain level (50?). It's true also for those specific shield and weapon (even if shield doesn't show any mark or simbol initially, unsure. It does behave similarly.)

WHILE showing infinity level (or adjusting and no mark level yet), it still either doesn't adjust to boff's when equipped on a higher level char or just doesn't present such adjustment (presenting lowest stats I presume? or otherwise lower than expected/lower than char's level match even if char is at/bellow 50)

That's why I refrain from equipping boffs with such items when those are stilled labeled with the infinity symbol.

At a certain level (50?), a character can right click on such item and press upgrade.
    ITEM WILL AUTOMATICALLY UPGRADE FREELY TO *XII* MARK that way. It (at least usually) improves by getting mark XII, probably significantly, over the original behavior of the level infinity item, even at level 50. (can't say 100% but unless there is (another) bug with some specific item for upgrade, it should always get BETTER)

(Only) AFTER you freely upgrade the item (at level 50+?) to show a mark of XII, you can equip it on boffs without a visible non adjustment penalty :) Like a regular XII item.
  • quentonwolfquentonwolf Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    rndflactuation, Right clicking to upgrade worked. Thank you.
  • sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,443 Arc User
    edited November 2018
    Glad you were helped, quentonwolf.
    Post edited by sthe91 on
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
  • rndfluctuation#1470 rndfluctuation Member Posts: 813 Arc User
    edited November 2018
    sthe91 wrote: »
    Glad you were helped, quentonwolf.

Noting for "giving credit to you" - yes, you helped too by mentioning the upgrade - I just had the same but a bit more refined idea regarding this shield and what it's likely to be, but only since I just experienced the issue myself shortly before, coincidentally :) (I still didn't remember the exact details even so though)

*answering now as didn't know how to phrase this before, but credit better be given to you when possible :)

...And, glad he was helped :)