test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Need a new Age of Discovery ship

mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
I am bored with my Europa/Nimitz on my AoD character, and I don't want a non-AoD ship. And I already have the Crossfield and Walker Class on different characters, and am not willing to buy the same Lockbox/Lobi ship twice.

So, new month, new ship perhaps?
Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• lordsteve1lordsteve1 Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    Well the Binary Stars TFO is out this month so i recon they might drop a pack of DSC ships just before Black Friday or similar time that matches up with the ships seen in that battle on screen.
    SulMatuul.png
  • mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    Hmm, might make sense. Preferably this time paired with a Klingon AoD ship. It would be a shame if all those new Klingon ship models would remain unused. (But hopefully it would be one of the cool ones. The BoP and the Cleave ship can wait for much later.)

Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • keladorkelador Member Posts: 318 Arc User
    edited November 2018
    Would be nice Disco toon is almost to the T6 ship stage and not a fan of the Eurapa and cant afford a crossfield... Would love to get a Shepard-Class, Hoover-Class and Cardenas-class ship for that toon.
    sophlogimo wrote: »
    Agreed. I am really longing for an AoD endgame ship, which is the only thing missing from my collection, I feel, and the Europa class is just not the kind of ship I have in mind, aethetically.

Yeah - exactly what was saying. The Europa is (at the time of this post) the only non-lobi, non-lock box, T6 DSC era ship in the C-store.

Again, they pretty much HAVE to release some more DSC era ships, otherwise players will begin to lose interest in their AoD characters.

(would still rather have a T6 Nova though ;) )
    I would accept that as a compromise, but it wouldn't be for my AoD character. ;)

What would be fun if the Tier 6 Retrofit of the Nova would somehow be based on a Discovery ship, but I am afraid none of the ships we've seen match the Nova sufficiently.
  • artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    The only one I want is the Cardenas Class. It's one of the best looking ships in all of Trek.
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    Hmm, might make sense. Preferably this time paired with a Klingon AoD ship. It would be a shame if all those new Klingon ship models would remain unused. (But hopefully it would be one of the cool ones. The BoP and the Cleave ship can wait for much later.)
    Cleave is the best one IMO. :p
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • gaevsmangaevsman Member Posts: 3,190 Arc User
    artan42 wrote: »
    The only one I want is the Cardenas Class. It's one of the best looking ships in all of Trek.

I'm waiting for that one too… love that ship… i do have the Crossfield, and the scalable Walker... didnt like the Nimitz too much… Also the Shepard seems nice…
    The forces of darkness are upon us!
    Looks like no new ship this week.

Maybe it's better that way. I'd need to charge up Zen, and there isn't a sale yet. (Probably Black Friday again?)
  • lordbeefy7lordbeefy7 Member Posts: 169 Arc User
    I got the scaling walker but didnt buy the nimitz...yet. i livd thd look but hate the 2 tac consoles so much.

Shepperd...nope...ugly.

Cardenas...
    Ooo yes, beauty of a ship...just make the consoles and boff setup decent.
  • captainperkinscaptainperkins Member Posts: 379 Arc User
    I'm excited for Shepard class myself... That's my fav Disco ship other than the Walker.
    The Shepard, like the Crossfield, suffers from stretched nacelles. The Cardenas' nacelles are perfectly in proportion.​​
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

• angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    > @artan42 said:
    > The Shepard, like the Crossfield, suffers from stretched nacelles. The Cardenas' nacelles are perfectly in proportion.​​

And we all know how much you ... appreciate ... perfectly proportioned nacelles 😜
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
    angrytarg wrote: »
    > @artan42 said:
    > The Shepard, like the Crossfield, suffers from stretched nacelles. The Cardenas' nacelles are perfectly in proportion.​​

And we all know how much you ... appreciate ... perfectly proportioned nacelles 😜

Yaaup!
    reyan01 wrote: »
    artan42 wrote: »
    The Shepard, like the Crossfield, suffers from stretched nacelles. The Cardenas' nacelles are perfectly in proportion.​​

Oddly though, considering the fact that the Shepard class is basically an upside-down Walker class, it doesn't share quite the same nacelles as the Walker.

It has the spine bit but the saucer is a different shape, different pylons, different shuttlebay section, and different nacelles. It's based on a concept art for the Walker then modelled from scratch rather than being kitbashed from the Walker model.

#TASforSTO

• keladorkelador Member Posts: 318 Arc User
    edited November 2018
    On this weeks podcast Al Rivera said that they have almost finished models for all of the Discovery federation ships and half the Klingon ships!! so that sounds like they will be trickling them out with each Age of Discovery update! and it would not surprise me if we get a few none fed/klingon ships like say a Vulcan ship! sounds like Cryptic and CBS are going all out for Discovery and up coming trek show seems CBS want releases to be done fast to go along side the shows.

Its a good listen you his voice when talking about plans and working closer with CBS well he had an urgency tone to his voice when talking about things lol
This discussion has been closed.