test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Better Phaser and Torpedo Graphics and SFX

juniormint10juniormint10 Member Posts: 30 Arc User
edited November 2018 in The Art of Star Trek Online
Hi folks,

Returning player. First, I would just like to say the devs have done a great job with the new skins. However, I noticed that the phaser and torpedo graphics and sound effects have not changed much if at all from launch.

For example, the photon torpedo sounds like the TOS photon when it's launched. I'd like them to sound more like the torpedoes from TNG. If you would like examples, watch the Star Trek the Next Generation episodes, "Genesis" and "Redeption - Part II" where data is in command of the Sutherland. I have also seen better torpedo graphics like from Star Trek Bridge Commander Kobayashi Maru, Star Trek Legacy, and Star Trek Armada III. These are fan mods of course.

The phaser beams are too thick and look like they're firing from inside the hull instead of the emitters. It'd also be nice if we could get the phaser power up and discharge around the saucer like on the Enteprise-D. The phaser sounds should sound like the ones from the U.S.S. Lakota on DS9 "Homefront," or the ones from the Enterprise-D on "Yesterday's Enterprise."

Klingon disruptors sounds should also be updated. They should sound more like they did from "Yesterday's Enterprise."

If the devs would like help making the sounds, I've ripped a lot of torpedo and phaser sounds from the show and formatted them in audacity for use it games. I cleaned up the background noise so they're usable and sound good with decent quality. I'd be happy to share these files with the devs if they'd like to implement them into the game.

Thank you
Post edited by juniormint10 on