test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Bug list

spielman1spielman1 Member Posts: 1,331 Arc User
1. Bridge seat for the captains chair un able to be sat in by the captain after changing bridge from the standard bridge to any other bridge in the game.
2. Romulan Resilient Shield Array cant not be upgraded at all from the mission Turnabout for the Romulan Republic player.
3. Warp out charge for player is always the Discovery charge up for warp out of system even when not a Discovery captain.
4. Game will freeze and lock up at random for no reason.
5. Sompek mission not giving award to Romulan players at all.
6. Tricobalt Torpedo launcher not doing damage past 800 on a unshielded ship
7. Character captain save uniform saves theme for all characters on an account and on other captains of the game, Main Character uniform always saves for the crew uniforms.
8. Omega Carbine Antiproton weapon can not be upgraded at all in the game forces game crash.
All files where checked 14 times uninstalled game 6 times reinstalled game 5 times, it isn't my game files but bugs in the game previously reported and not addressed and or listed for fixes. Brought up multiple times in the past was told they be fixed never was, brought it up with in game support and on site support was told rather rudely I was making theme up when I wasn't. Will someone please respond and take the problems seriously feel my money and input cash flow wise is for nothing and that I as a customer am not apreaited for bringing problems up and properly addressed.

Comments

• borg0vermindborg0vermind Member Posts: 498 Arc User
    edited November 2018
    What current bugs I encounter: old and new:

1. Jem Hadar character traswarps to fleet holdings when I fire all weapons (no matter how, if by keyboard or mouse/UI). Reported and not fixed.
    2. My old Romulan character cannot teleport out of DS9 (works only if I go to pad).Reported and not fixed. This bugged after Discovery patch.
    3. Stompak arena did not grant a weekly award when done on my second Romulan character. Unfortunately I did not notice that until today so I'm a weekly voucher thing less.
    4. Delta reputation T5 award cannot be claimed by discovery characters. The fix should be to hail the a Fed-side admiral or respawn D'vak somewhere.
    5. Yesterday, 2 of my 7 characters (the romulan ones again) failed to transwarp to DS9 from Beta quadrant. Transwarp cooldown was set, but no actual transportation to DS9 - the ship remained in BQ.
    6. Installation 18 mission that grants Nimbus Pirate Distress Call cannot be started by Discovery characters.
  • iamynaughtiamynaught Member Posts: 1,285 Arc User

3. Stompak arena did not grant a weekly award when done on my second Romulan character. Unfortunately I did not notice that until today so I'm a weekly voucher thing less.

Sompek is a daily voucher, 1 per day (20 hours) per account. Not per character. Once you have the 3 vouchers needed to buy an item, that item is unlocked for all characters on your account. No need to run it on multiple alts unless you like the queue.
    Hello. My name is iamynaught and I am an altaholic.

Losing faith in humanity, one person at a time.
  • chrian#9670 chrian Member Posts: 622 Cryptic Developer
    Hello everyone,
    @borg0vermind ,
    1. Have not been able to repro this issue. Could you post your keybinds, and a video/ gif of this happening?
    2. Whats the name of your romulan character? Haven't heard about this issue before, This is I assume from the promenade?
    3. This is also news to me so I'll ask around and see what is up with romulans/ claiming a weekly voucher on a second character
    4. Delta Rep issue is already bugged in our bug system
    5. Character names, which ships were the using, whats their allegiance. For these romulans are you using the Rank 4 diplomacy warp?
    6. The installation 18 issue is currently bugged in our bug system.

@spielman1
    1. Which ships/ specific bridges have this issue. If you can name a few that would be awesome
    2. I'll check this out when I get a chance.
    3. This is a known issue and is bugged in our bug system
    4. I will need more information from you in order to help pin point what may be the cause
    5. So again above first clear of the day as a romulan kdf/fed and no weekly voucher appeared in your inventory? Assuming you met the minimum requirements to earn one.
    6. Whats the character name that this torpedo is on, and how are you testing it?
    7. I am not sure I understand what you are saying in this sentence.
    8. I tried replicating this internally and I successfully upgraded the carbine from rank 12 fresh from the project to Mark 15 Gold. Whats the character name with this weapon.

Thank you both for your time.
    edited November 2018
    @spielman1 - I couldn't find the time to go into visuals; there are too many functionality issues at the moment.

@chrian - thank you for answering.

1. I will try to make a video of this. I have tryied everything from keyboard controls reset, total control reset, game cache clearing. Nothing fixed the issue. Simply fireing all weapons transwarps me to fleet holding.
    And that means any combat I enter I must start with a support power, since if I fire weapons, it will transwarp me out of that map. The character is Alien@borgOvermind and it is using the Undine Nicor bio-ship.

2. The character that cannot exit DS9 is Xaeus@borgOvermind. I can post a screenshot. The teleport in DS9 is disabled for this character.

5. Xaeus@borgOvermind, Infuscomus@borgOvermind - I tried DS9 transwarp enabled by Marauding Rank 4 (since they are KDF). I will try to re-create this issue to exclude possible lag involved.

[Edit]
    Additionally, there are 2 more issues I encounter.

7. Between some of my characters I can mail, between others I cannot, even if the in-game mail is empty.
    Although all characters on account can access the e-mail between the ones that work, it's still something strange about and may prevent others from sending me e-mails. I could not find any explanation.

8. Omni-directional beams cannot fire at all in the forward arc (120dgr) until firing in any other directions first. After you fire in any direction, they can shoot forward too. So practically, they act like a 240-dgr beam put in the back until the 1st non-forward fire.

@iamynaught
    I know. The Sunday one is missing. I usually do this kind of stuff at 22h difference.
    Post edited by borg0vermind on
    Video for Transwarp bug: https://youtu.be/eHueLJAaTm8
    I clicked fire all weapons. Same thing happens if I use the key shortcut for F*W.
  • chrian#9670 chrian Member Posts: 622 Cryptic Developer
    edited November 2018
    @borg0vermind , Checked your character internally, created a fake fleet and research lab with transport capabilities. I was unable to replicate that issue. I used a Corsair K70 Lux Keyboard. I even just clicked the fire all weapons above ds9 no dice. I know this sounds not fun, but have you tried uninstalling the game, deleting the STO folder. And then completely re-installing the game with on-demand patching turned off?
    Post edited by chrian#9670 on
  • where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    edited November 2018

7. Between some of my characters I can mail, between others I cannot, even if the in-game mail is empty.
    Although all characters on account can access the e-mail between the ones that work, it's still something strange about and may prevent others from sending me e-mails. I could not find any explanation.

When sending mail between characters, I can only see names from the faction I am signed into at the moment.

+++++++++++++++++++

As far as your Fireall weapons toggling the transwarp to Fleet Starbase....???
    Does it happen on ALL the ships you own?? Or just the Nicor?

Are you sure you are using default keybinds? Or did you ever enter custom ones?
    There is a command for clearing all keybinds...I have to go hunt that down. Unless the Dev knows.
    I would try the command for clearing all keybinds, then reset to defaults. ????

That is about the craziest thing I ever heard of this program doing....it makes no sense what so ever.
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
    edited November 2018
    @borg0vermind , Checked your character internally, created a fake fleet and research lab with transport capabilities. I was unable to replicate that issue. I used a Corsair K70 Lux Keyboard. I even just clicked the fire all weapons above ds9 no dice. I know this sounds not fun, but have you tried uninstalling the game, deleting the STO folder. And then completely re-installing the game with on-demand patching turned off?

I did not try that but completely copying the game to another system and running it from there has the same result, so there is no local OS/cache setting affecting that. The game's cache was also completely deleted, logs too.

@where2r1
    I see one from each faction no matter which one I'm logged with.
    AS I said, I did reset the default completely and key binds separately. Force-recheck of game files too. The problem persists. And all my binds are identical on all my characters with very small differences from the defaults (like E instead of F, nothing complex).
    Guess I could try to make a fresh install of it, but this does not seem to be a local problem.

@spielman1 If I think of it, only one of my current main 7 characters is completely bug-free. That, or I didn't dig well enough.
    I will keep reporting the most important ones.Playing half hour of a mission only to get it to reset because of a rogue transwarp to K13 is much more annoying than having to discard a duplicate unique item in the inventory (got 2 nimbus pirate distress call cards on one of the characters :D).

If possible, this topic should be renamed "2018-Q4 bug hunt" or something similar. A centralization helps.
    Post edited by borg0vermind on
  • f3nr1r#1075 f3nr1r Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    hi! i don't know where to put this exactly, so as this post is a bug list, i'll put it here: some time ago, when it was possible, i've bred with love a good dozen of fortune tribbles for all my bridge officers on one character. Today, I checked the character and crew, and surprise! all those love bred tribbles have turned into tribble kebabs. what happened?
  • anodynesanodynes Member Posts: 1,999 Arc User
    hi! i don't know where to put this exactly, so as this post is a bug list, i'll put it here: some time ago, when it was possible, i've bred with love a good dozen of fortune tribbles for all my bridge officers on one character. Today, I checked the character and crew, and surprise! all those love bred tribbles have turned into tribble kebabs. what happened?

The Fortune Cookie Tribbles were noted as a bug at the time. The last patch apparently turned them all into Tribble Kebabs, which were promptly eaten by any normal tribble in the same space (inventory or bank) with them, creating a Cannibal Tribble. Type Fortune Cookie on the exchange and you will get a few very expensive Tribble Kebabs as a return result, assuming that any are still listed. Maybe this means that we will get an actual Fortune Cookie Tribble now, not just a Kelvin Timeline Tribble with a different name and a chat message that means nothing when you use it.
    This is an MMO, not a Star Trek episode simulator. That would make for a terrible game.
    edited November 2018
    Screenshot with DS9 teleport bug:

http://i.postimg.cc/900mJgqQ/SS-No-DS9x.jpg / http://ibb.co/jNWxsq

As you can see, the teleport button is disabled, but only on this character.
  • fred26291#2759 fred26291 Member Posts: 1,265 Arc User
    Uniform issues i am aware of,
    Temporal Battlesuit does not go on bridge officers.
    Lifetime subscription EV suit legs dont show up on Reman anyone. Bridge or Captain.
  • chritmarsh#4963 chritmarsh Member Posts: 62 Arc User
    There is a huge issue with both the costume and the ship tailors that no one seems to be talking about but is driving me crazy and kept me from 3D printing my ship when I got paid this month. The 'Emblem' option for both costumes and ships is now gone. The fleet emblem I previously had on my costume is also gone. However, my starship still has the Federation Emblems that I had selected prior to the feature going missing. I have no way to remove the emblems or change them from Federation to my fleet's.

Another issue I keep having is some items I have posted on the exchange do not always show up in the exchange window with the other items I've posted for sale. It seems to be completely random as far as what item, when, and for how long it goes missing but it seems to happen several times a day.

Finally, I had a duty officer returned to me from the exchange after the sale had expired and it will not allow me to retrieve the officer from the mail. I go to the mail terminal, press take item, and nothing happens.
    "Today is a good day to die... but I'd rather go to Risa."-Fleet Admiral Christopher D. Marshall
    O1P2m6v.png
  • chritmarsh#4963 chritmarsh Member Posts: 62 Arc User
    There is an issue with both the ship and costume tailors that has really been bothering me and no one seems to be talking about it. (Though others ARE experiencing the same thing when I ask, so it's not just me)
    The option to add your fleet emblem to your uniform, as well as the option to add the Federation or your fleet emblem on your starship, is now gone. My ship still has the Federation emblems that I had previously selected but now the option to change it to my fleets or remove it is gone.
    I found this out when I went to change my ships logos from Fed to my new fleet's, at which point I had planned on 3D printing it. But since I couldn't put my fleets logo on it, I'm going to have to wait until the bug is fixed before I pay that kind of money.

fGLp85q.png
    "Today is a good day to die... but I'd rather go to Risa."-Fleet Admiral Christopher D. Marshall
    O1P2m6v.png
  • sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,455 Arc User
    Continue to post the bugs you find, there is a huge list of bug fixes in the patch for tomorrow on Holodeck as well as fixes in the Tribble Patch Notes.
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
  • ethoirethoir Member Posts: 122 Arc User
    spielman1 wrote: »
    6. Ships are having rubber band effect where the ships moves forward three feet and is yanked back 6 feet not an internet issue as I wouldn't be able to fill this report out of it was bad. It is also effecting ground based walking with rubber band effect.

It isn't an issue with your connection or anyone else's. There's several threads complaining about rubber banding since the last patch earlier this week. It's a broader internet problem and one that might be outside of Cryptic's control because I've seen it happen a lot in a competing MMO as well.

• where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    edited November 2018
    4. Phenix prize pack did not work on any of my characters except my main character trying that one as we speak. Worked for my Federation main character but no other character I have.

Are you talking about the FREE Phoenix Prize Pack from Grymm in Drozana??? That is one per account per day. So, it is working correctly. One character, your Fed Main, got it.

You can buy more Phoenix Prize Boxes from the Dilithium Store, for 4500 Dilithium each or 40,000 Dilithium for a 10 pack.

"Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • themadprofessor#9835 themadprofessor Member Posts: 1,203 Arc User
    Not so much bugs as some errors I found.

1. "Downfall" - Cinematic cutscene of the arrival of USS Sebrova and the USS Ticonderoga. USS Ticonderoga shows up with markings showing her as USS Europa.

2. "Researcher Rescue" - On Kassae IV, when a Sci Captain overrides the shield generator, activating it brings up a tooltip called "Overridding..." This should be "Overriding..." Just a spelling mistake.

3. "Ceremony" - When talking to Eko'ixtan and Rem'Taral, both characters are labeled as Eko'ixtan in the communication screen.
    Space Barbie Extraordinaire. Got a question about Space Barbie? Just ask.

Things I want in STO:

1) More character customization options such as more clothing options, letting the toon complexion affect the entire body, not just the head. Also a true RGB color picker applied to all costume and appearance options, which would allow for true appearance customization and homogenous colors instead of "this same exact color looks vastly different on two different pieces."
    2) Bridge customization, not bridge packs. Let us pick a general layout and adjust the color palette, console appearance, and chair types, as well as more ready room layout options.
    3) Customizable ground weapons, i.e. The aesthetic look of phaser dual pistols but they shoot antiproton bolts. For obvious reasons this would only apply to standard ground weapons.
    4) For the love of Q please revamp Plasma Ground Weapons. They look like demented Supersoakers right now.
    5) True Vanity Impulse and Deflector effects similar to Vanity Shields.
    6) A greater payout for hitting T6 Reputations. Currently it takes more time and resources to get from T5 to T6 than it does to get from nothing to T5. Make that grind really pay out at the end.
    7) Mirrorverse Refugee event similar to AoY/Delta/Gamma, complete with new Mirrorverse recruits for all factions.
    8) Independent Faction, because yo ho yo ho a pirate's life for me!
  • captaincelestialcaptaincelestial Member Posts: 1,925 Arc User
    where2r1 wrote: »
    4. Phenix prize pack did not work on any of my characters except my main character trying that one as we speak. Worked for my Federation main character but no other character I have.

Are you talking about the FREE Phoenix Prize Pack from Grymm in Drozana??? That is one per account per day. So, it is working correctly. One character, your Fed Main, got it.

You can buy more Phoenix Prize Boxes from the Dilithium Store, for 4500 Dilithium each or 40,000 Dilithium for a 10 pack.

My Fed-Align. Vanguard Jem'Hadar couldn't finish his Phoenix Prize Pack mission when the event was on last time as well as the one before. The green texted button to claim the prize shows up, but nothing is given when button is pressed.

The mission worked for my other characters from other factions (Star Fleet to AoY, didn't test it with AoD characters).