test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

PC Patch Notes for 11/1/18

ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,674 Community Manager
Greetings Captains!
We will be having a maintenance tomorrow, 11/1 at 7AM Pacific for 2.5 hours. (What time is this for me?)
You can find our patch notes here.

=/\=
We value your feedback and want to help direct it to the right locations. Please check the following link to redirect to the best sub-forums to post your replies.
Experiencing a Gameplay Bug with our latest patch? Please click this link to be taken to our Gameplay Bug Report Section to file your reports.
Thank you for the assistance!
The Star Trek Online Team

Comments

• avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,196 Arc User
    So instead of requiring weekend vouchers it is now going back to the merit of sompek event project items?
  • raventomoeraventomoe Member Posts: 723 Arc User
    What's with this line?
    Missions handoffs for "Cold War," "Spectres," and "The Lost Dominion" now require level 65.

"The Multiverse, the ultimate frontier..."
    Thus begins...Lyrical Trek
  • rdellaripa23rdellaripa23 Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    Yeah, pushing them to lvl 65 seems like it'd make a mess of things. I recently started trying to finish up some Delta toons I created this last time around, and it's tricky enough with the journal changes as it is.
  • dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    "All Mission Transwarps have been set to no longer have an Energy Credit fee associated with them."
    About time! Cause I'm cheap! :D
  • rdellaripa23rdellaripa23 Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    ruinthefun wrote: »
    Yeah, pushing them to lvl 65 seems like it'd make a mess of things. I recently started trying to finish up some Delta toons I created this last time around, and it's tricky enough with the journal changes as it is.
    It's especially bad since Temporal Assbassador was moved behind the Cold War thing, and locking it to 65 means the item is no longer useful as a ship by the time you get it.

That reminds me...they've made the T5 Ambassador available again, have they? Seems like something that would have wound up in Phoenix at some point.
  • avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,196 Arc User
    The one in the fleet store is the fleet variant not the plain T5 version. ;)
  • anodynesanodynes Member Posts: 1,999 Arc User
    ruinthefun wrote: »
    It's especially bad since Temporal Assbassador was moved behind the Cold War thing, and locking it to 65 means the item is no longer useful as a ship by the time you get it.

It was not by any means "moved behind the Cold War thing." It was moved into the Yesterday's War thing, which is a completely different thing.
    This is an MMO, not a Star Trek episode simulator. That would make for a terrible game.
  • kaithan1975kaithan1975 Member Posts: 947 Arc User
    edited November 2018
    That and basically the 2 starter space sets and the 1 starter ground set aren't obtainable till they are all but obsolete. This move really makes no sense at all.
  • ajr62ajr62 Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    when are you going to fix the DS9 map for the discovery characters every time i go there i crash and then have to have my character rolled back to beta quadrent
  • ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,674 Community Manager
    > @ajr62 said:
    > when are you going to fix the DS9 map for the discovery characters every time i go there i crash and then have to have my character rolled back to beta quadrent

Could you PM me? I've been looking for some more people who've been experpiencing this crash.
  • nommo#5819 nommo Member Posts: 1,105 Arc User
    The Arena of Sompek Event is more a wait & see if actually working now. Existing versions of the "Collect Arena of Sompek Event Rewards" (Sompek Pulsewave) Event Reputation Project will now have their requirements set to 1 "Merit of Sompek". Nice to do for any players in that situation.

All Mission Transwarps have been set to no longer have an Energy Credit fee associated with them. I know a minor thing, but not so minor if a brand new player & this is a nice thing added by Cryptic. Every EC saved helps with inflating prices.

Missions handoffs for "Cold War," "Spectres," and "The Lost Dominion" now require level 65. I now think someone at Cryptic has their heels dug in to alter all of STO's missions just for the sake creating confusion & chaos.
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    Surprised to see still no fix for missing away teams. Seems like this would be a high priority issue, it must make leveling characters really tough once they reach the Kobali Arc.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • kaithan1975kaithan1975 Member Posts: 947 Arc User
    Surprised to see still no fix for missing away teams. Seems like this would be a high priority issue, it must make leveling characters really tough once they reach the Kobali Arc.

It would seem so, but now you only need go there, talk to guy in charge and your done. After that can happily skip your way through that entire arc.

• maxomus1maxomus1 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    What bout the Foundry its been down for some time it does not work for me and a lot of other people right now.
    @ambassadorkael#6946
  • tymerstotymersto Member Posts: 433 Arc User
    edited November 2018
    raventomoe wrote: »
    What's with this line?
    Missions handoffs for "Cold War," "Spectres," and "The Lost Dominion" now require level 65.

My thoughts exactly.
    I actually liked the concept of running the Breen FE Arc ("Cold War") in the early levels. I did that with my ST: D Character interweaving the Klingon War Arc and the Breen Arc. It was an absolute blast using the Breen gear on the Prototype LEC.

I also just finished running the 2400 FE Arc ("The Lost Domimion") on my ST: D Character while it was in the late 30s and into the 40s. That was fun to do as well in that level range as well.
    All Mission Transwarps have been set to no longer have an Energy Credit fee associated with them.

And this is a head-scratching bit as well. Not to say it isn't a welcome change. But not incurring any kind of cost on a mission Transwarp just seems odd.
    Post edited by tymersto on
    STO CBT Player - 400 day+ Vet, Currently Silver
    Cryptic, would you actulaly like me to spend actual Money? It's Simple:
    • Full, Story-driven, select from start 1-50 Klingon Side
    • Scrap current Lock Box & Lobi system for something more reasonable
    • Expand Dil and Rep/Fleet Marks to regular story content
  • iamynaughtiamynaught Member Posts: 1,285 Arc User

This has to be one of the strangest changes I've seen yet. Why do you not want people playing these arcs? Also, if there is EVER going to be a FE replay event again, you've just locked out any character not 65 from being able to do those. And yeah, I still have a couple of Delta Recruits and a Temporal one who will need to run those missions, and now they won't be able to until 65? Thanks a heap.
    Existing versions of the "Collect Arena of Sompek Event Rewards" (Sompek Pulsewave) Event Reputation Project will now have their requirements set to 1 "Merit of Sompek".

This will auto-complete the project for anyone that already has progress recorded.

I pray this means you have absolutely ZERO intention of bringing back Sompek as a 14/21 day slog again. Bad enough having to run this thing over a single weekend. I know at least one fleetmate who will be very happy though that their project will be finished, they've been needing just 1 Sompek token to finish.
    All Mission Transwarps have been set to no longer have an Energy Credit fee associated with them.

My low level alts and any possible future ones thank you for this change.
    Hello. My name is iamynaught and I am an altaholic.

Losing faith in humanity, one person at a time.
  • where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    edited November 2018
    iamynaught wrote: »

This has to be one of the strangest changes I've seen yet. Why do you not want people playing these arcs? Also, if there is EVER going to be a FE replay event again, you've just locked out any character not 65 from being able to do those. And yeah, I still have a couple of Delta Recruits and a Temporal one who will need to run those missions, and now they won't be able to until 65? Thanks a heap.

Yeah, I have, like, 6 Delta Recruits (Level 11 or 12)....so, yeah, should be interesting, huh?
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,674 Community Manager
    PC maintenance is now complete! Thanks for your patience and we'll see you in game!
This discussion has been closed.