test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Hearts and Minds Returns for Halloween!

ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,674 Community Manager
The bone chilling and spine tingling episode, Hearts and Minds, returns to Star Trek Online on all platforms for Halloween!

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/11012193

Comments

• rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,973 Community Moderator
    Well... at least I can get the injury magnet Dr. Sybak for my Discovery character... but honestly I can think of two other episodes that are more "Halloween", one of which is in the bowels of Drozana Station.

Bonnie Kin... BONNIE KIN...
    >:)
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    I hope it can make it thorough all 3 days w/o crashing. Looking at you Sompek.
  • robeasomrobeasom Member Posts: 1,911 Arc User
    There should release more halloween type events like this with different rewards as having the doff as the reward has gotten old after the years it was created
    NO TO ARC
    Vice Admiral Volmack ISS Thundermole
    Brigadier General Jokag IKS Gorkan
    Centurion Kares RRW Tomalak
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • feralaffferalaff Member Posts: 77 Arc User
    robeasom wrote: »
    There should release more halloween type events like this with different rewards as having the doff as the reward has gotten old after the years it was created

I agree 100%
    Hearts & minds is funny, but after we have played it a lot of times there's nothing new pushing to replay it.

• karriqkarriq Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    judging by spiking amount of bugs.. it seems only one event thing which actually working. So hearts and minds. :)
  • rodneywollamrodneywollam Member Posts: 61 Arc User
    What's the point of this after you've already obtained the unique rewards? Why do people play it more than once? The laughs?
  • dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    What's the point of this after you've already obtained the unique rewards? Why do people play it more than once? The laughs?

You can have as many of those clone doffs as you can carry! :D
  • rodneywollamrodneywollam Member Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited October 2018

You can have as many of those clone doffs as you can carry! :D

I've been at this for years, and have an all-vr duty officer list. If you are me, why would you want him? Besides the anti-psionic power, what possible use could he be?

He's bound, so you can't sell him. You can't grind him. He wouldn't make a great active duty officer unless you're facing Species 8472 or the Elachi and even then - meh. I don't know. Doesn't look like it's worth the time to me.

• dragnridrdragnridr Member Posts: 671 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    I honestly think they should just make a new Halloween event altogether. H&M is not only not scary, but after all these years, it has gotten stale. Too be honest Bonnie-kin is more chilling than H&M. What we need is an event that can make your spine tingle, and even something that will make you jump a bit would be better. I know it doesn't have to be blood and guts all over the walls or anything to that extreme, but something to really make your adrenaline going.

If the devs need a little bit of ideas, the foundry had a few there that had zombie-styled and possession styled that didn't have any blood or anything but the creators had upped the creepy factor to make them that good.

As for the rewards for H&M, well, getting the same doff over and over again is kinda pointless since he really is a pointless doff to have.
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,247 Community Moderator
    The Zombie Dance emote was added as a reward as well awhile back.
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,973 Community Moderator
    Honestly, while it was nice to get something new with the dance... we're still kinda doing the same oneshot episode that many of us have done to death. Most other MMOs have full on events. We got... a oneshot episode that isn't actually that long.

While I understand we do have the Winter Event coming up... I honestly wouldn't mind seeing some kind of week long Halloween event made for STO that comes with some special cosmetics or something. Event specific costume unlocks, C-Store sale on outfits, Lobi sale on outfits...

Something more than... forever in sickbay Sibak because he's an injury magnet when sent out on DOff assignments.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • ichaerus1ichaerus1 Member Posts: 986 Arc User
    The episode isn't one that gets better with age. Extremely low standards of "bone chilling" or "spookiness." No tension, nothing to grip the emotions really. Even Tenebrious Torquent and the "Bonnie-Kin" episodes had higher chill/suspense factors to them.

City of Heroes/City of Villains had a pretty fun Halloween event, which could award little consumables, extra outfit options, even an additional outfit slot.

What about adding noncombat pets that are event themed(ones that don't go and freeze up like the winter event stuff, when the event ends)? Or ship vanity bits? Outfit parts that can be used everywhere as well, wouldn't be bad. Or themed weapons similar to the winter event weapons.

Something different to create a draw to doing certain episodes again. Right now, the only ones who benefit from the event are alts for the dance, or psionic characters(aliengen who use the Telekinesis ground trait or Letheans I think) with the duty officer. The Lirpa is salvage/vendor bait, and....that's about it. The episode is stale. I would say time to retire it, and swap something new in.

How about having a Halloween event in the various social hubs, such as Bajor, First City, Earth Space Mall, the academies, Nimbus 3, Drozana, even Risa? Nothing too grindy, but something fun and fresh to the game around this time.
  • stlheestlhee Member Posts: 114 Arc User
    Is it possible to extend this event to 48 hrs? Its too short for european players, we have two nights and a normal workday for this 36 hrs.