test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

So seriously, why mess with the Mission Journal and Stuff

pmsattlerpmsattler Member Posts: 31 Arc User
I've played this game for years, and although I am not a Lifer, or Founder, I've spent just as much on the game and feel invested enough to post some thoughts. I'll try and keep it straight forward and clear.

1) Age of Discovery: Although I like the aesthetics of this update, some of the changes to functionality cause great confusion. It's actually one of the other points, but as far as the actual content goes I like it, though it wasn't as big an update and had a few bugs. (Haters will hate.) The uniforms are cool, I love the Light Exploration Cruiser and it's scaling with the levels.

2) Mission Journal: My biggest complaint is how jacked the mission journal is. Sure, you cut out some of the ground missions, to turn into TFOs and side missions, but why did you go and reorganize the seasons that way? I had a helluva time finding the Breen, and then Wastelands for my FED character, and there is still confusion as to whether a FED character will be able to do Installation 18 again. I also noticed I seem to be locked into doing every single episode, which I REALLY dislike. Of all the seasons to keep, you kept New Romulus, and that is a major annoying season as it requires a crazy amount of time gathering silly stuff. That should have been bumped back to the Available section, while keeping Wastelands as a main season.

3) Joined Trill: Since the release of Victory is Life, I have posted a question on this forum, and in chat, about why the Joined Trill sucks. You have the Jem'Hadar who are bred with intelligence and abilities, but a Joined Trill is supposed to have at least two prior lives, or it would be silly to make a character a Joined Trill; OR, you give the Trill the option to be passed on to a new character, while retaining a specialization, kind of like the average Jem'Hadar.

Finally, I do like the direction is going, I just think a patch to address major issues should be planned. Tighten it up, figure out some of the things that plague the mechanics, and more people would play the game. Keep up the great work, sincerely, you rock!
Fleet Admiral of The Lost boys

"Dreams are born in the deepest of minds, and destroyed in the shallowest of ones."