test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Drag & Drop Trashcan Desperately Needed

bossheisenbergbossheisenberg Member Posts: 603 Arc User
Ok, the amount of vendor trash coming out of the T6 rep grind is absolutely ridiculous. There isn't a garbage scow in the quadrant big enough to haul this TRIBBLE. This stuff is completely worthless and the fact that you get one every single time for the hourly and daily tasks is just baffling. If you do the hourly 3 times a day plus the daily, that's 48 items per day straight to the junk bin.

Why not just get rid of these drops altogether and just waive the ec requirement, since they almost cancel each other out?

We have a drag-and-drop bank and inventory, why not a trash bin at least?
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,971 Community Moderator
    edited October 2018
    Some people actually use that gear, and getting a mk XII purple out of it would be cheaper than going into the Rep Store and spending Dilithium.

The only rep box that is truly a net loss is the Competative Box, as those consumables are ONLY usable in PvP, and are worth 0 ECs. Yea they give you 10k ECs back... but still... that is a 5k net loss on investment. The others... a piece of space gear can actually go for up to 18k at a vendor, vs the 15k you have to spend on it. So rather than losing ECs, you actually gain 3k. Pocket change sure... but its better than nothing.

Also... there is that chance of getting the Elite Mark, IE Borg Neural Processor. So getting rid of the drops altogether means removing that as well.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,587 Arc User
    Ok, the amount of vendor trash coming out of the T6 rep grind is absolutely ridiculous. There isn't a garbage scow in the quadrant big enough to haul this TRIBBLE. This stuff is completely worthless and the fact that you get one every single time for the hourly and daily tasks is just baffling. If you do the hourly 3 times a day plus the daily, that's 48 items per day straight to the junk bin.

Why not just get rid of these drops altogether and just waive the ec requirement, since they almost cancel each other out?

We have a drag-and-drop bank and inventory, why not a trash bin at least?

^^ 100 Agreed!

I'm developing serious RSI, having to right-click, select 'Discard', and do so every day for all Rep trash (as if all the clicks for filling the Rep itself aren't bad enough).

And we desperately need a 'Fill All' button on the Rep Projects too (for when you manually slotted the Project).
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    I'd just want them to make all vendors buy junk for the same price. Tired of lugging my TRIBBLE to a bartender or other npc that gives the full 50% value price. :/

For quick selling, once you are on the sell screen it's not bad. (once all your good stuff has been put on Protected status)
    My issue is the stacks of stuff that require an extra click on the Sell How Many? box.
  • where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    I keep all the Mark 12 Purples and the fancy Tokens from those rep boxes.
    So, I open them all and sell the rest.

Bartender in the Fleet Starbase and the Vendor on First City and Ganalda is easy to find.
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,354 Arc User
    You know, you don't have to go clicking, then clicking "Discard", then clicking "Accept" on every single item. Just open your Replicator, select the Recycle tab, and scroll down to the things you want to be rid of.

Or, for greater profit, every single starbase has a bartender, and ESD has the only one that moves around. Hadron at DS9 and the second bartender at Drozana just stand there, making them easy vendors to use.

And as Rattler points out, not everyone has been scrambling to outfit themselves with Mk XV Golds in every single slot. Sometimes those drops are useful to other people.
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • bossheisenbergbossheisenberg Member Posts: 603 Arc User
    jonsills wrote: »
    You know, you don't have to go clicking, then clicking "Discard", then clicking "Accept" on every single item. Just open your Replicator, select the Recycle tab, and scroll down to the things you want to be rid of.

Or, for greater profit, every single starbase has a bartender, and ESD has the only one that moves around. Hadron at DS9 and the second bartender at Drozana just stand there, making them easy vendors to use.

And as Rattler points out, not everyone has been scrambling to outfit themselves with Mk XV Golds in every single slot. Sometimes those drops are useful to other people.

A drag and drop trashcan with an incinerate button is still a much better and obvious solution. No need to go searching for vendors to dispose of space garbage.

Some people may use that stuff but so what - why would that mean there shouldn't be a quick and easy way to dispose of it for players that don't need 48 junk items per day jamming up their inventory? No player is going to use all of those items, nearly 50 per day, on just one toon. Why not just cut the cost down and make those who want them actually make use of the rep stores to buy the ones they need, rather than dumping the entire scrapyard onto all players?

• rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,971 Community Moderator
    Some people may use that stuff but so what - why would that mean there shouldn't be a quick and easy way to dispose of it for players that don't need 48 junk items per day jamming up their inventory? No player is going to use all of those items, nearly 50 per day, on just one toon. Why not just cut the cost down and make those who want them actually make use of the rep stores to buy the ones they need, rather than dumping the entire scrapyard onto all players?

Maybe because they don't have the dilithium to spare at all? And not everyone is trying to push everything through as fast as possible. Some of us are just slotting the daily and leaving it at that, which is a FRACTION of the amount you're getting. Hell... some might be choosing to only work on one or two right now to see if its even worth the effort before committing more resources to them.

Brushing off everyone else and basically saying "Let them pay Dilithium, scrap it because I don't like it while I'm jamming through everything I can every chance I get so I get a ton of vendor trash I don't want to deal with" is kinda crass.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
    edited October 2018
    rattler2 wrote: »

Maybe because they don't have the dilithium to spare at all? And not everyone is trying to push everything through as fast as possible. Some of us are just slotting the daily and leaving it at that, which is a FRACTION of the amount you're getting. Hell... some might be choosing to only work on one or two right now to see if its even worth the effort before committing more resources to them.

Brushing off everyone else and basically saying "Let them pay Dilithium, scrap it because I don't like it while I'm jamming through everything I can every chance I get so I get a ton of vendor trash I don't want to deal with" is kinda crass.

Nor is brushing off his valid point any good: he's still right, saying 'players don't need 48 junk items per day jamming up their inventory.' They really don't. Not even new players. It just means a huge amount of pointless, extra mouse-clicking, every day, for all your Reps, on all your toons.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
    azrael605 wrote: »
    A drag and drop trashcan is a whole lot more clicking than just using the recycle tab.

Not really. CtrL + Left-click (or even Shift + Down, as those items will appear all last in your inventory), to select multiple individual items, and then being able to delete them in one fell swoop (even with just the Delete key, like in any normal UI), would be the best solution.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • discojerdiscojer Member Posts: 533 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    rattler2 wrote: »
    Some people actually use that gear, and getting a mk XII purple out of it would be cheaper than going into the Rep Store and spending Dilithium.

So get rid of the dilithium costs in the rep store for purple gear for anyone that wants it. The amount of people using the random gear (which likely isn't many) is dwarfed by the amount of people annoyed by constantly having to open a dozen or more boxes a day and delete the contents.

• dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    discojer wrote: »
    So get rid of the dilithium costs in the rep store for purple gear for anyone that wants it.

Yes, rep gear should only take rep marks. I'm tired of Dil being needed for everything.
  • kiralynkiralyn Member Posts: 1,576 Arc User
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    CtrL + Left-click (or even Shift + Down, as those items will appear all last in your inventory), to select multiple individual items,

Huh. Learn something new every day.

And only been playing for 5-6 years. :D

(me, I've been using the Replicator->Recycle. And only 12-14 items per day, depending on competitive box. Only reason I've ever done the Hourly project is because I was specifically farming the drop item for a piece of gear I wanted. That project gives terrible rep.)
    kiralyn wrote: »
    (me, I've been using the Replicator->Recycle. And only 12-14 items per day, depending on competitive box. Only reason I've ever done the Hourly project is because I was specifically farming the drop item for a piece of gear I wanted. That project gives terrible rep.)

The Replicator->Recycle route feels horrible to me. Since the Recycler is sorted, and pulls from everywhere, finding the items to trash, inside that sea of offerings, is a task far more tedious than just deleting them from inventory directly.

P.S. Problem is, you can't just trash the reward boxes immediately. Well, you can, but you kinda need to open them all first, as they may contain Elite Marks. Hence, the stuff they yield when opened, is almost impossible to find inside the Recycler.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
    azrael605 wrote: »
    I much prefer having those items, I get most of my EV suits I use for Boffs, or for characters until they get Solanae or Rep set suit from the Nukara boxes,

Aren't you a Lifer too? My boffs just get their (high-quality) EV suits from the guy at ESD, where you can endlessly claim EV Faction suits.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,913 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    I have a lifer and F2P accts. So my F2P uses the best stuff she can get when she runs her reps. She doesn't run them all at the same time, just the ones she has marks for as she doesn't always run TFO or RTFOs to get marks. Only when she feels like it. She's just not in a hurry to fill them all, all at once.

And Azrael is right. Those weapon drops are great for rainbow builds. Or just getting something in the flavor you want to build in. Or even building a rainbow in one particular flavor.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
    echatty wrote: »
    And Azrael is right. Those weapon drops are great for rainbow builds. Or just getting something in the flavor you want to build in. Or even building a rainbow in one particular flavor.

None of which detracts one iota from the need to be able to delete these items in a better way (for those of us who don't need all that trash).
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • tunebreakertunebreaker Member Posts: 1,222 Arc User
    How about... a simple box somewhere in reputation window "I don't want boxes containing gear after filling a reputation" that you can tick/untick.

That way those who couldn't care less about small EC loss or actual items you can get from the box, can tick it and save their hands from carpal tunnel. And those who for some reason want that gear can still have the exact same way of obtaining it.
  • echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,913 Arc User
    I always vendor the stuff I don't want. Usually either at the ground or space vendor on ESD, or someone on Drozana, wherever I happen to be closest to. That includes the stuff I get from Rep that I don't want. It's all EC to me.

I like Tunebreaker's suggestion of an opt-out box to tick if you don't want the rep boxes.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
    How about... a simple box somewhere in reputation window "I don't want boxes containing gear after filling a reputation" that you can tick/untick.

That way those who couldn't care less about small EC loss or actual items you can get from the box, can tick it and save their hands from carpal tunnel. And those who for some reason want that gear can still have the exact same way of obtaining it.

The problem is, that these boxes (on rare occasions) may contain an Elite Mark. So, you kinda have to open them all first. Still, I would forego on collecting these boxes if I could auto-discard them in total, as you suggest.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • bossheisenbergbossheisenberg Member Posts: 603 Arc User
    meimeitoo wrote: »

The problem is, that these boxes (on rare occasions) may contain an Elite Mark. So, you kinda have to open them all first. Still, I would forego on collecting these boxes if I could auto-discard them in total, as you suggest.

None of these boxes ever have marks in them, I don't know what you're talking about "elite marks". Seems like about 1 in 20 or 1 in 30 have a neural processor or equivalent. But you have to open so many to get one, I'd rather opt out altogether and just earn them through playing actual game content!!!
  • themadprofessor#9835 themadprofessor Member Posts: 1,203 Arc User
    I'd rather have an option like the recycle bin where we can use the same type of interface to salvage the items.

Better that than just tossing away vendor trash.
    Space Barbie Extraordinaire. Got a question about Space Barbie? Just ask.

Things I want in STO:

1) More character customization options such as more clothing options, letting the toon complexion affect the entire body, not just the head. Also a true RGB color picker applied to all costume and appearance options, which would allow for true appearance customization and homogenous colors instead of "this same exact color looks vastly different on two different pieces."
    2) Bridge customization, not bridge packs. Let us pick a general layout and adjust the color palette, console appearance, and chair types, as well as more ready room layout options.
    3) Customizable ground weapons, i.e. The aesthetic look of phaser dual pistols but they shoot antiproton bolts. For obvious reasons this would only apply to standard ground weapons.
    4) For the love of Q please revamp Plasma Ground Weapons. They look like demented Supersoakers right now.
    5) True Vanity Impulse and Deflector effects similar to Vanity Shields.
    6) A greater payout for hitting T6 Reputations. Currently it takes more time and resources to get from T5 to T6 than it does to get from nothing to T5. Make that grind really pay out at the end.
    7) Mirrorverse Refugee event similar to AoY/Delta/Gamma, complete with new Mirrorverse recruits for all factions.
    8) Independent Faction, because yo ho yo ho a pirate's life for me!
  • mneme0mneme0 Member Posts: 498 Arc User
    Y'all ever played Minecraft? That's the kind of inventory management we need. Shift-click or drag sends the item or stack into the open area (being inventory, bank, etc.), hold-drag breaks the stack according to time held. The bank, recycle bin, salvage bin, etc. in this game could be made to work the same way and it would be a major QoL improvement especially for those of us with accessibility concerns. "It's fine, any talk of improvements is stupid" gets really tiresome.

• originalspockoriginalspock Member Posts: 809 Arc User
    How about a system that allocates a certain amount to certain locations based on rarity, such as say anything above rare you keep 100%, and anything below automatically gets tossed in the trash or dismantled on a percentage choice level, say for example if you want salvage 100% of the time, you drag a bar to autosalvage at 100%, or if you want to toss the item for ec you drag it the opposite way, or if you want it 50/50 (Example Every other drop you pick up) It ( salvages tosses salvages ).
    edited October 2018
    EDIT: Miscommunication
    Post edited by meimeitoo on
    3lsZz0w.jpg
This discussion has been closed.