test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Mission Dust to Dust

gwensheegwenshee Member Posts: 3 Arc User
Hi Guys

Looking for some help Guys, I started a new Discovery character played through all the missions till Dust to Dust which I cannot load, in fact it Fatal Errors my game crashes to desk top. I have tried all the usual stuff re-logging, verification and a complete re-install. Nothing works still cannot play Dust to Dust, took more investigation but from what I can tell the problem seems to be Kobali Prime, there seems to be important Maps missing Maps that do not become available till you reach a certain level or play certain parts of the game. When I landed in Kobali there was only the one mission and no others I thought that since I reach this point at a lower level than required [ I believe Kobali is 61] this was intended so I could play on through the missions without having to complete the whole ground sequence of Kobali missions. However now that I cannot load Dust to Dust I believe the access to Dust to Dust is linked to the ground game play through this Map which I cannot access or load “Maps/Solor_System/Events/Dit_Kobali_Anniversary_System/Dlt_Kobali_Anniversary_System.Zone” These maps don’t load on verification or re-installing.

This is the only thing I can think of, that could cause the crashes but if anyone has any other ideas can you let me know.

Comments

• Options
    Update
    Ran the Kabali ground mission without away team, though was not alone there were heck of a lot of peeps running the ground mission alone however a few had an away team, bugged or what. So thought that running the ground mission would load the Map for Dust to Dust, on completing the set with the help of those with away teams. nadda. Still crash to desk top on clicking Dust to Dust. So thought weekend well will do Event

Fatal Error. Failed to load data for Map, either the data does not exist on disk (failed to Patch) or the crc or version number of the data on disk does not match what the code is expecting.
    Technical details: Map
    “Maps/Deep_Space/Deepspace_Rom_Tho_Fs004/Deepspace_Rom_Tho_Fs004.Zone”

All of this worked before Discovery your meant to add content not take it away.
  • Options
    snovernsnovern Member Posts: 138 Arc User
    Please try my post in the following thread: https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline#/discussion/1244067/age-of-discovery-won-t-launch

I encountered the same problem with the DS9 map and found a work-around.

Hope it helps you like it did me and several other players.
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    Rather than putting Updated here I should put Solved but before I go, any further, kŷdos [kudos] to snovern add me to your list of those you helped. Well done that person.

All Maps and CTDs averted and my game has returned to normal [except the away team on Kobali Prime those guys still AWOL)

You probably seen this coming “However” – I do not understand how Cryptic could have released an update a significant update without testing that it actually updated everyone’s data files. Everyone makes mistakes, “However” bug reports and many, many peeps complaining about CTDs through lost or Undiscovered Maps should have, no shows there is a major problem with the updating of data files. There is a level of competency that you have to reach were you can ask yourselves can we say we reached that level.

Thanks again snovern , nice one. :D