test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Developers why does Age of Discovery only have 3 missions

So I created a Age of Discovery character and thought we were going to stay in Discovery universe to understand the new discovery Trek series, Nope my character gets pulled into the 25th Century on the 3th mission this isn't considered an Arc.

Comments

• echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,913 Arc User
    They've said that more Dsc stories are coming. This is a new chapter, not an expansion.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,100 Arc User
    Should have given the entire 'Klingon War' arc a discovery theme for DSC characters then had the characters jump to the point before the Romulan missions start.
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • nightsnake3nightsnake3 Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    > @thay8472 said:
    > Should have given the entire 'Klingon War' arc a discovery theme for DSC characters then had the characters jump to the point before the Romulan missions start.

THANK YOU!, that would've been an amazing idea to bad the Developers didn't learn from Original Star Trek Arc.
  • kibi#8855 kibi Member Posts: 101 Arc User
    It was explained by Daniels how the arc is going to develop in the 25th
    edited October 2018
    > @kurzis said:
    > It was explained by Daniels how the arc is going to develop in the 25th

Are you serious the whole Daniel thing is getting really old there's no changes in the mechanics and skills system.
  • vampeiyrevampeiyre Member Posts: 633 Arc User
    If only there were Blogs on the Star Trek Online News page that had answers to such questions . . .
    "I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am."
  • talonxvtalonxv Member Posts: 4,257 Arc User
    > @thay8472 said:
    > Should have given the entire 'Klingon War' arc a discovery theme for DSC characters then had the characters jump to the point before the Romulan missions start.

Actually I disagree. We could of had an Antholgy series of missions chasing what's her name and her ship through time.

Think Star Trek Legacy scenario. I think that would of been better. Plus we could of gone into times that are not covered. The 10 years between TMP and TWOK. The 70 years between Generations and TNG.

The 30 years between Nemesis and the start of STO.

Ya know. What Cryptic should of done with AOY and didn't really do.
    afMSv4g.jpg
    Star Trek Battles member. Want to roll with a good group of people regardless of fleets and not have to worry about DPS while doing STFs? Come join the channel and join in the fun!

http://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1145998/star-trek-battles-channel-got-canon/p1
    > @somtaawkhar said:
    > talonxv wrote: »
    >
    > The 30 years between Nemesis and the start of STO.
    >
    >
    >
    > This was already covered in "The Path to 2409"

No... Not really. That just gives a basic overview. Still plenty of open story to be had.

But nice try.
    afMSv4g.jpg
    Star Trek Battles member. Want to roll with a good group of people regardless of fleets and not have to worry about DPS while doing STFs? Come join the channel and join in the fun!

http://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1145998/star-trek-battles-channel-got-canon/p1
  • dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    why does Age of Discovery only have 3 missions

Because CBS said to have Discovery stuff ready by 10/9/18 and that's all they could get done in time?

• neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    thay8472 wrote: »
    Should have given the entire 'Klingon War' arc a discovery theme for DSC characters then had the characters jump to the point before the Romulan missions start.

Might as well since the tutorial was copied and pasted
    GwaoHAD.png
    > @somtaawkhar said:
    > nightsnake3 wrote: »
    >
    > So I created a Age of Discovery character and thought we were going to stay in Discovery universe to understand the new discovery Trek series, Nope my character gets pulled into the 25th Century on the 3th mission this isn't considered an Arc.
    >
    >
    >
    > Cryptic has stated multiple times that Age of Discovery was meant to be a new thing where, instead of spending a long time developing missions so they can dump them all at once like in past expansions, we get them faster, but more over time, so we have more to do instead of sitting around with our thumbs up our bums like we normally do between expansions.
    >
    > The Age of Discovery arc we got was basically just the tutorial, the first mission in the arc, and the last mission in the arc, and more missions will be retroactively added between them later. We already know that
    > -The Anniversary mission will involve the ISS Discovery, and what happened to Captain Killy.
    > -A later mission will involve the planet Pahvo, and use a sotry that was devloped for the TV show, but wasn't used.
    > -There will be a two parter dealing with Landry, and her backstory, and reveal why she was so mean compared to mot other Starfleet officers.

Yea but we should be able to explore the discovery universe instead of being drag in to the 25th Century just like the Original Star Trek created character it's a rinse and repeat tactic again.
    > @somtaawkhar said:
    >
    > Yea but we should be able to explore the discovery universe instead of being drag in to the 25th Century just like the Original Star Trek created character it's a rinse and repeat tactic again.
    >
    >
    >
    > Discovery has one season to work with, which means there's about 6-7 missions they can make, and that's it.
    >
    > Are you actually suggesting that the Discovery characters should just stay there with their 6 missions and never come to 2409 so they can play the last 8.5 years of game content?

Yes, make new missions that players can explore in Discovery's Universe there were 15 episodes in Discovery.

Our character's are stuck in the 25th Century fighting iconians again and doing the same missions from 25th Century Federation Character Arc again that's a problem.
    > @thay8472 said:

THANK YOU!, that would've been an amazing idea to bad the Developers didn't learn from Original Star Trek Arc.

If we're going to C&P them, I think most of the Klingon themed missions could be adapted to the Discovery era with a few small edits to the mission and dialog.

Stranded In Space

- Maybe swap out the Bolian captain and change the name of the freighter?

Diplomatic Orders
    -Swap out the Undine for a Klingon Spy. Maybe the Klingons want to launch an invasion of P'Jem?
    -Swap out the Undine ship at the end with the Klingon sarcophagus ship?

Hide and Seek
    -Swap out the Gorn for Klingons

Stop the Signal
    -Remove the Undine and have it end with a fight against 'X' Klingon Battleship.

Researcher Rescue
    - Swap out the Gorn for Klingons
    - Change the theme from researching Gorn to researching the spore drive stuff?

The Kuvah'Magh
    - Klingon Invasion of X colony
    - Remove the Kuvah'Magh theme

Treasure Trading Station
    - Change the theme from B'Vat's superweapon to a mysterious project J'Ula is working on.

Secret Orders
    -Klingons are building weapons in the Briar Patch? Go and blow them up!
    -Remove the B'vat part.

Task Force Hippocrates
    - Swap our the Gorn for Klingons.

The Tribble with Klingons
    - move said mission into the BQ?

The Ultimate Klingon
    - Swap Amar Singh for some other crazy augment.
    - Swap out the enhanced Gorn for enhanced Klingons

2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
    > @somtaawkhar said:
    > talonxv wrote: »
    >
    > That just gives a basic overview.
    >
    >
    >
    > Basic overview my ****.

That's your PoV. All it did was say this year "XYZ" happened with very little context to it. And most of ot was 2400 to 2409.

It was a HIGHLY basic lead up to 2409. Only thing more basic than that was the very lack of explanation of how the First Order came to where it was in the new Star Wars series.

And yes I have read it. It's a basic overview.
    afMSv4g.jpg

> @thay8472 said:
    >
    > > @thay8472 said:
    > > Should have given the entire 'Klingon War' arc a discovery theme for DSC characters then had the characters jump to the point before the Romulan missions start.
    >
    > THANK YOU!, that would've been an amazing idea to bad the Developers didn't learn from Original Star Trek Arc.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > If we're going to C&P them, I think most of the Klingon themed missions could be adapted to the Discovery era with a few small edits to the mission and dialog.
    >
    >
    > Stranded In Space
    > - Maybe swap out the Bolian captain and change the name of the freighter?
    >
    > Diplomatic Orders
    > -Swap out the Undine for a Klingon Spy. Maybe the Klingons want to launch an invasion of P'Jem?
    > -Swap out the Undine ship at the end with the Klingon sarcophagus ship?
    >
    > Hide and Seek
    > -Swap out the Gorn for Klingons
    >
    > Stop the Signal
    > -Remove the Undine and have it end with a fight against 'X' Klingon Battleship.
    >
    > Researcher Rescue
    > - Swap out the Gorn for Klingons
    > - Change the theme from researching Gorn to researching the spore drive stuff?
    >
    > The Kuvah'Magh
    > - Klingon Invasion of X colony
    > - Remove the Kuvah'Magh theme
    >
    > Treasure Trading Station
    > - Change the theme from B'Vat's superweapon to a mysterious project J'Ula is working on.
    >
    > Secret Orders
    > -Klingons are building weapons in the Briar Patch? Go and blow them up!
    > -Remove the B'vat part.
    >
    > Task Force Hippocrates
    > - Swap our the Gorn for Klingons.
    >
    > The Tribble with Klingons
    > - move said mission into the BQ?
    >
    > The Ultimate Klingon
    > - Swap Amar Singh for some other crazy augment.
    > - Swap out the enhanced Gorn for enhanced Klingons

Damn, that's a very intelligent idea I hope Cryptic Studios is actually listening to these creative suggestions.
    > @somtaawkhar said:
    >
    > Yes, make new missions that players can explore in Discovery's Universe there were 15 episodes in Discovery.
    >
    > Our character's are stuck in the 25th Century fighting iconians again and doing the same missions from 25th Century Federation Character Arc again that's a problem.
    >
    >
    >
    > You are aware they are adding more missions into the Age of Discovery story that take place in the Discovery time period, as I already stated in this thread?
    > -Anniversary mission involving the ISS Discovery.
    > -Mission involving the planet Pahvo.
    > -Two parter mission involving Landry that will delve into her backstory.
    > So that takes us up to 6 missions total for the Discovery era, the same as the TOS characters got.

Again why are Cryptic developers taking Age of Discovery characters to the 25th Century it makes no sense, why can't our Discovery characters stay in that Universe instead of rehashing 25th Century missions from Federation faction.
    Damn, that's a very intelligent idea I hope Cryptic Studios is actually listening to these creative suggestions.
    >Just rehashing existing missions even more is somehow creative.
    Na, that would be terrible.

The missions Cryptic has told us we are getting sound better.

The Alliance and the tales of genocide?
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • darkbladejkdarkbladejk Member Posts: 3,698 Community Moderator
    they've already stated multiple times that there is going to be more content released over time and this is not the end of content releases. Also this has gone off course and more into bashing cryptic than actual story discussion. /thread
    "Someone once told me that time was a predator that stalked us all our lives. I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey and reminds us to cherish every moment, because it will never come again." - Jean Luc Picard in Star Trek Generations

Star Trek Online volunteer Community Moderator
This discussion has been closed.