test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[PC] The Stats of the Europa Class!

13»

Comments

• angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    Shame. I thought maybe we see some logic in the ship line-up again instead of a million different types being build 😄
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    Are they comparable in size?​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • velquavelqua Member Posts: 1,220 Arc User
    I actually bought this ship. I was surprised that the T6 version had quite enough power to handle the Borg at Ker'rat. The layout is somewhat similar to the T6 Nagus, which I use heavily in the game. The Fleet version of the Europa is just as good a its counterpart. As for the console, it too is actually quite useful to have for a quick heal. The only issue I have had with the ship is that it slides a lot, so you have to adapt to it in order to maneuver the ship well. It looks like it has the potential of being a torp boat, having the Lieutenant Commander seat for Command. Overall, it's a solid cruiser.
    18662390068_f716cd60e3.jpg
  • lordgyorlordgyor Member Posts: 2,820 Arc User
    The biggest things I noted are Discovery era bridge, that the console can be used on any ship and that the trait could be really good.
  • shpoksshpoks Member Posts: 6,967 Arc User
    I picked it up as well for my new AoD Vulcan. I love keeping things thematic, so leaving her without a Discovery era ship would seem out of place for me as I'm still some time away from acquiring the lobi T6 Walker Class (or a Crossfield for that matter).

All I can say is that I love the friggin' thing! This is my type of a ship, I guess it depends on personal preferences and playstyle - I'm one of the maniacs that actually loved the Bortasqu' back in 2012 and considered it the best ship in the game until the Mat'Ha Raptor was released. :D So yeah, slow moving, slow turning, sliding and indestructible - my type of a starship, no problems with the Nimitz whatsoever since I'm quite used to the playstyle. This ship is solid neutronium, unless you fall asleep it literally can't die.
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • sandormen123sandormen123 Member Posts: 862 Arc User
    edited November 2018
    Soo... when can we expect Klingon vessels?
    -I still don't get it... ...The 'ultimate' floating cemetary came as a lockbox-ship, but after that... ...Not-one-thing. Nothing.
    /Floozy
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,316 Arc User
    edited November 2018
    reyan01 wrote: »
    Soo... when can we expect Klingon vessels?
    -I still don't get it... ...The 'ultimate' floating cemetary came as a lockbox-ship, but after that... ...Not-one-thing. Nothing.

Umm...... T6 Ketha-class Recon Destroyer and the T6 Vor'Cha?

Yeah, that comment was like something from a bygone era.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • lowteklowtek Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    neppakyo wrote: »
    Decent looking ship for a fed, but utter TRIBBLE layout overall for a BC, not even the non DPS casual will enjoy this. Horrid turn rate as well. Bad ship from a dev that "understands" dps.

Guess it goes with the theme of discovery, as its TRIBBLE Star Trek.

• lowteklowtek Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    Yes I have this one and I don't use it anymore because of the turn rate.
  • choclatstarfishchoclatstarfish Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    Like everyone has said already...Ship looks great but I won't be adding it to my collection due to console layout.I don't need another mediocre ship taking up space.
  • sftricksftrick Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited January 2019
    As a Discovery fan, I picked this one up on the first go-round. I'd echo what others have said. It's an OK ship, but definitely not a good one. The tac consoles are lacking, the boff layout isn't great (I mean, you pretty much have to go Tac with the universal slot if you want any kind of stopping power at all), and it turns like a slug for such a small ship.

If you're looking for a Destroyer and the Discovery theme isn't the big selling point for you, I'd go with the Arbiter instead. It's just a better ship overall (with a much better trait).