test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Tzenkethi Battlezone

124»

Comments

• rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 45,291 Arc User
    Thanks for the heads up. Really appreciate it.
    66998372863950ee98cf7da9786e2ea9-db80k0m.png
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out a Delta Pack, Temporal Pack, and Gamma Pack
    The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • asuran14asuran14 Member Posts: 2,254 Arc User
    Hey folks,

We're hoping to get some time on the content designers' schedule either before the end of the year or early next to look into this one. I'm leaving it open just in case someone throws a curveball I haven't heard about yet. :)

Appreciated. Though could we have some listing, or idea of what issues are known, and what has been brought up or atleast would be brought up to the team? Or specific things that they are looking to fix, and what perimeters of what is feasible to change/fix via the suggestions an such brought up.
  • avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 1,987 Arc User
    The battlezones these days seem to be close to dead since the random queue system popped up, so even if they did fix the tzen battlezone no one will even bother with it.
    avoozuul wrote: »
    The battlezones these days seem to be close to dead since the random queue system popped up, so even if they did fix the tzen battlezone no one will even bother with it.

I think you're wrong. It would be a decent source for the Protomatter Microcontainers, which you'd only get from the Random STFs if you happen to go into one. Otherwise you're only getting 1 a day from trading marks for it. The main draw for the Battlezones is the fact you can drop in whenever you want, and getting the elite mark items. As Lukari Rep has some rather tedious STFs that take actual coordination, which is hard to do with some PUG groups, the Battlezone would be a logical source for the Microcontainers, allowing people easy access to Lukari Rep gear.
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
  • ichaerus1ichaerus1 Member Posts: 606 Arc User
    So, just inside the deadline for the necro thread rule, but any update coming soon regarding the battlezone? Or is this something that's being swept to the mausoleum with a giant jester deity guarding it?
  • ilithynilithyn Member Posts: 710 Arc User
    Yeah @ambassadorkael#6946 I know you all are going on Christmas holiday round about now, but is there any news on whether or not this is still getting addressed?
    Logic is the beginning of wisdom, not the end of it.
  • jheinigjheinig Member Posts: 357 Cryptic Developer
    I made some tweaks but they have to go through QA to make sure it doesn't break!
    Good to hear. Hope to hear more as you go if possible.
    Keep up the good work over there. :)
  • meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 11,393 Arc User
    jheinig wrote: »
    I made some tweaks but they have to go through QA to make sure it doesn't break!

You mean... you're actually fixing the zone?! Color me as surprised as I am happy. :)
    2u4ikno.jpg
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 6,676 Arc User
    jheinig wrote: »

We're looking forward to playing it.

Thank you for your efforts.
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.

ncaStLJ.jpg
  • somtaawkharsomtaawkhar Member Posts: 4,808 Arc User
    edited January 9
    IT'S HAPPENING!
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/11066673
    Tzenkethi Battlezone has received several updates:
    • Increased timer for area reset from 10 minutes to 15 minutes.
    • Adjusted waypoints for blockade arrays so that they match the centers of the array areas as closely as possible.
    • Resolved an issue that could cause problems with the display of various area control UI on the overhead map.
    • Resolved an issue that caused the asteroid towing game UI to show score from 0-10 instead of 0-3.
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 6,676 Arc User
    Just finished a run in the TZ Battle Zone.

Overall, definitely an improved experience.. we were even actually able to complete the zone. Biggest issue I see in early testing is that the rewards are still pretty off. I assisted in 2 of the 3 Dreads at the end, despite being there for the entire fights, I never received higher then a Tier II reward. Once the Zone was completed, I received the 3 Microcontainers but only received 360 total Dilithium which is obviously much lower then other Battle Zones. I also received 15 Lukari Marks.

Others in the zone however were saying they got nothing, one guy got some Dilithium only, but it appeared I was the only one that got the Microcontainers. I believe there are still some bugs with the final phase and how it records contributions to the fight.

While I think some tweaks are still needed, it's a definite step in the right direction.
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.

ncaStLJ.jpg
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 7,705 Arc User
    That was my one complaint from the beginning of this Thread months ago, the Protomatter Containers were not being awarded consistently if at all. The other Battlezones you complete the condition you get all, you kill 2 of 3, you get two.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!
    Judge Dan Haywood
  • aspartan1aspartan1 Member Posts: 842 Arc User
    Glad to read the news about the update and fix.
    Obscurea Chaotica Fleet (KDF), Commander
    Former member of the Cryptic Friends & Family testing team. Sadly, one day, it simply vanished - without a word or trace...
    Original Cryptic Forum Name: Spartan (member #124)
    The Glorious, Kirk’s Protegè
124»