test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

My ship is falling apart

jaephjaeph Member Posts: 77 Arc User
I'm finding many of my equipped items in my inventory when I login. This isn't a matter of forgetting; for example, I just recently got my terran task force DHCs, put them on with pride, had fun...and next time I login in they're in my inventory.

Is this a known issue?

-Jeff

Comments

• where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    Yes it has been complained about. Mostly on devices in the device slot.

Although, the other day I had Deflector, Warp Core, Impulse Engines, and Shields all go into inventory upon changing a map. That was right after I newly equipped them on my ship. I used the "quick" equip from the Status page....you know when you click on the gear slot and select from a list?

I think if I had done this manually, I am pretty sure it wouldn't have done this. But such a pain locating item on ship I have stored it on, moving it to inventory, then from inventory to my ship....rather have the program do it for me. LOL!

I do not know if Cryptic is looking into this issue or not.... but no you are not the only one who has made a post to the bug reports of the same thing. I am surprised they have not merged all those threads together. Maybe because it is in Bug Reports.
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    The Will of Geko will have me end up stranded in space. LOL!

(Hiya, Armada Leader, LTNS.)

"Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Do you save the Loadout after equipping the items because it now says (unsaved changes) if you put stuff on the ship and do not save it to a Loadout? It may then be unequipping the items not in the current Loadout when you log back in.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • ilithynilithyn Member Posts: 903 Arc User
    ltminns wrote: »
    Do you save the Loadout after equipping the items because it now says (unsaved changes) if you put stuff on the ship and do not save it to a Loadout? It may then be unequipping the items not in the current Loadout when you log back in.

Possible, but it does so even when stuff is saved to load out. Reset up my Defiant yesterday and saved it to loadout so I could keep preferred settings, equipment, ect. Logged on today, switched maps twice to find that impulse engine and deflector had been dumped into my inventory. Yes it was the engine and deflector that I had saved to loadout :/
    Logic is the beginning of wisdom, not the end of it.
  • jaephjaeph Member Posts: 77 Arc User
    I haven't used the loadout system
  • ilithynilithyn Member Posts: 903 Arc User
    ilithyn wrote: »
    ltminns wrote: »

Possible, but it does so even when stuff is saved to load out. Reset up my Defiant yesterday and saved it to loadout so I could keep preferred settings, equipment, ect. Logged on today, switched maps twice to find that impulse engine and deflector had been dumped into my inventory. Yes it was the engine and deflector that I had saved to loadout :/

And I could add it just happened again. This time "Weapon's Battery - Large". Yes it was part of the loadout, got unslotted switching maps. Was doing Quark's Lucky Seven, the batteries were there when I started but had gone into Inventory when I was done. Given that I don't do any ship fighting with my ship in it I'm not sure which map change cause it, but one of them did.
    Logic is the beginning of wisdom, not the end of it.