test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Main on Tribble Didn't Recieve Sponsored Status for Existing T5 Reps

solisnightsolisnight Member Posts: 39 Arc User
edited September 2018 in Tribble - Bug Reports
My Main on Tribble which was copied over before the AoD patches had all Reps at Teir 5 However the Following Reps are the only ones rewarding 5k Rep Points: Gamma, Temporal Defence, Lukari, Competetive.
These are reps that I had previously sponsored on this captain. The AutoSponsoring at T5 hasn't affected any of the other Reps. plus there is no way to manually sponsor.
A new copy of this Character from Holodeck Does get the sponsorships automatically

Captain is Kentharis Prime@Solisnight

After Getting Gamma to T6 I was forced to do a Skill Respec, this respec or the fact that I got a new T5 (omega) kicked off Sponsorship for all the T5 Reps

However I am now in an infinate loop of Skills invalid please respec. Using a Retrain Token doesn't affect this message.
Post edited by solisnight on
Tagged:

Comments

• where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    edited September 2018
    solisnight wrote: »
    After Getting Gamma to T6 I was forced to do a Skill Respec, this respec or the fact that I got a new T5 (omega) kicked off Sponsorship for all the T5 Reps

++++++++++TEST CHARACTER 1 (Level 65 KDF)+++++++++

This happened to my character. My character, also, copied over when Tribble got updated for Mission Journal update. And was already on the Tribble server, when it got updated with a more recent patch.

Got the Skill Invalid notification after upgrading Gamma Rep from zero to all the way to Tier 6. Notification is on the Reputation page...see pic.

ON the Skill tree page...skills invalid notice and requiring that I do a "Retrain". The skill tree seems to be filled in...just not registering with the program.

I did not bother doing a retrain, since I am here to look at Vanity Shield visuals, not troubleshoot this.

https://i.imgur.com/temgccW.jpg

++++++++++TEST CHARACTER 2 (Level 65 Rom/KDF)++++++++++

Currently, taking a second character through Gamma Rep.....from zero to Tier 6, to see what happens. BTW...this one apparently did receive the Sponsorship, as it is going faster than the first. Well, it was feeling faster...until I hit Tier 5 going to Tier 6...that part is still long. LOL!

UPDATE: On second character. Same thing, skills invalid as soon as I completed the "Gamma Task Force - Claim Tier VI Reputation". I checked the Skill Tree page BEFORE I started the Tier 6 Reputation Claim project the skill tree was fine.

At completion of the Claim Tier 6 Reputation....as the rewards fly in and notification for Skills Invalid shows up in the Reputation page. (see picture above).

++++++++++TEST CHARACTER 3 (Level 65 KDF)++++++++++++

I am going to try one more time, level a character from zero to Tier 6 in Gamma Rep....only I will copy over a fresh character.

UPDATE: On third character. Same thing, skills invalid as soon as I completed the "Gamma Task Force - Claim Tier VI Reputation" project. Also, checked Skill Tree status before starting the Tier 6 Reputation Claim project...skill tree was fine.

As soon as that project is completed....I see the fly in for the reward, and I get the notification for Skills Invalid in the Reputation page. (see picture above).

++++++++++++SUMMARY++++++++++++++

When upgrading Gamma Reputation from zero points to Tier 6 (250,000 points)....the program does not recognize the skill tree configuration upon completion of the "Claim Tier 6 Reputation" project. "Retrain" is required.

NOTE:

Needs to be tested with all 12 Reputations to cover all the bases.

I used Gamma Rep because that is the only untouched Reputation on my characters, where I can add points from zero to 250,000.

Sans, getting all my Delta Recruits (Level 11-12) up to speed, which I have no time for. I am sure your Q&A testing folks have a way to speed through all that more efficiently than a player can.

I suspect this has something to do with the program getting confused on Tier 5 Reputation unlocking something.

Because I do not see any complaints from other players on Tribble....the ones that are filling their Reps up Tier 5 to Tier 6, only, which I did not try. At least, there was not, early this morning when I was reading.
    Post edited by where2r1 on
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    Playing around today (Tuesday 25th) on Tribble collecting Vanity Shields...I am down to getting the last one I am interested in seeing on my ships. And the thought wandered through my head that I should probably do a "retrain" on my character, just to see what happens when I level the Undine rep to Tier 6 (already at Tier 5).

Unfortunately, the character stays in the state of "invalid skills"...even though I hit the "retrain" button.

The program will erase all previous selections and will get the fly by notice "Respec Complete".
    But the "invalid skill" state remains along with the "retrain" button.

I even went through and filled out the skill tree, again...just to see if it would kick it to life and actually reset that failure state. Nope. Still locked up on "invalid skill" and "retrain" button.

Something is blocking the program from even recognizing a skill tree exists....if Tier 5 is not unlocked ahead of upgrading to Tier 6.

@ambassadorkael#6946 @coldsnapped
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin