test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Advanced customization with sets?

spy8446spy8446 Member Posts: 585 Arc User
One of my toons, KDF Rom, is working a nice plasma build with Romulan and Borg sets.
However as I look at the ship set effects on my ship, visually, I feel that it just doesn't feel right to me.
In ship customization, we can not alter this effect, such as the warp nacelles only one of them get any kind of visual modification, same with one of the impulse engines.
A device is attached to one of each and thats it. I would like to be able to alter this so that I could have a full modification, visually, to my ship instead of the standard.

Any other thoughts on this? being able to alter or enhance the effects of a sets visuals on your ships?
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    wraithshadow13wraithshadow13 Member Posts: 1,728 Arc User
    They already have a *kind* of way to do this. In the ship tab, you can add ship pieces (shields, deflector, engines) for their visuals rather than the one you have equipped. If you don't want ANY visuals, you can just right click that piece (deflector, engines, shields) and you can disable visuals. When using the visuals tab, you can also mix and match those pieces, because they won't affect your stats or set bonuses.
  • Options
    but not to the same level though right? personally I would rather have the 2 impulse drives have the visual enhancement rather than just the one, or maybe pick between different version of that visual adaptation. I think it would be more fun that way
  • Options
    postagepaidpostagepaid Member Posts: 2,899 Arc User
    Way back when the store was in its infancy they actually sold packs of ship parts, nothing too fancy like the omega rep engine they were fins for the nacelles or belly armour in one case.

Now all trace of those is gone, not sure why as when it happened I was taking a break and came back to vanilla looking ships.

Its been said time and again that instead of relying heavily on selling keys & ships to make their money they should look into building on the cosmetic side but for whatever reason it seems to have been decided that they'd rather be a one trick pony and lock cosmetic tweaks under full ship purchases.
  • Options
    Well that really sucks, most MMO games that I know have a large assortment of cosmetic alterations from dye, alternates skins, parts and so on. just look at WOW, The Witchers (not an MMO but still) This is very sad.
  • Options
    True, they are better off than STO appears to be. too bad too.
This discussion has been closed.