test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[PC] Shuttle Weekend!

ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,674 Community Manager
For the next 24 Hours, save 30% on Discount Packs in the C-store! This is your last chance to get a major discount on the Gamma Vanguard Pack!

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/11004873

Comments

• angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    For the next 24 Hours, save 30% on Discount Packs in the C-store! This is your last chance to get a major discount on the Gamma Vanguard Pack!

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/11004873

Uuuhm... I think you missed your shuttle, Kael pig-3.gif​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • istalon1istalon1 Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    Also, are we ACTUALLY going to have access to ALL marks or are Gamma Marks going to be excluded again like in the last couple of events when ''all'' marks were promised?
  • protoneousprotoneous Member Posts: 2,982 Arc User
    istalon1 wrote: »
    Also, are we ACTUALLY going to have access to ALL marks or are Gamma Marks going to be excluded again like in the last couple of events when ''all'' marks were promised?
    During the Shuttle Weekend Event, we have transformed a few of our starship queued events into brand new shuttle events that offers marks for any reputation!
    The wording of the announcment seems pretty clear :wink:
    > @protoneous said:
    > istalon1 wrote: »
    >
    > Also, are we ACTUALLY going to have access to ALL marks or are Gamma Marks going to be excluded again like in the last couple of events when ''all'' marks were promised?
    >
    >
    >
    > During the Shuttle Weekend Event, we have transformed a few of our starship queued events into brand new shuttle events that offers marks for any reputation!
    >
    >
    >
    > The wording of the announcment seems pretty clear :wink:

Wording of the Breach event:

After collecting 14 Voth Operative Transmissions, players can complete a new Event Reputation project to be rewarded with 50,000 Dilithium Ore, 500 Fleet Marks, **250 Marks of their choice**, and a Bio-Engineered Furiadon Combat pet

I just checked and for the CE event, Gamma marks were explicitly excluded. For the breach event they were not, but we still couldn't choose them.
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    @ambassadorkael#6946

Boy it looks like it may pay for the Flash Sale to expire so you can pick up the Gamma Vanguard Pack for 1500 Zen. I think you have an editing problem with the Flash Sale Blog, which shouldn't be linked in here anyway.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • nommo#5819 nommo Member Posts: 1,105 Arc User
    At least this is good for those that enjoy shuttle piloting. Unfortunately I am not one of them till I upgrade my shuttle's equipment a bit.
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    edited September 2018
    Can we get just one announcement that isn't wrong somehow?

Since it's apparently no one cares about the accuracy of these posts.. I'll fix it. Here is the correct link.

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/11004403
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,867 Arc User
    The crew is prepping my shuttle now.

Scooty-Puff_jr.jpg
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
    istalon1 wrote: »
    Wording of the Breach event:

After collecting 14 Voth Operative Transmissions, players can complete a new Event Reputation project to be rewarded with 50,000 Dilithium Ore, 500 Fleet Marks, **250 Marks of their choice**, and a Bio-Engineered Furiadon Combat pet

I just checked and for the CE event, Gamma marks were explicitly excluded. For the breach event they were not, but we still couldn't choose them.
    I hear ya, hence the winky face on my previous post (I wasn't serious). When even getting the link to an announcement correct is optional, I take little wording details like "offers marks for any reputation" with a grain of salt :smile: (the mark payout is excellent so will be participating regardless)

HFM6y45.jpg

Oh. Well, reading subtext on the internet isn't one of my strengths :D

I'll participate only if there are gamma marks to earn.
    Nope. No gamma marks. Back to playing Odo Says Swarm Advanced.
    1/10 would not shuttle again.
    Will no one rid me of this meddlesome Thread (by fixing it up)?

Has anyone verified that they are not awarding Gamma Marks as a choice? I could not get 'Atmospheric Assault' Normal or Advanced to pop. Same with Federation Fleet Alert. This makes me think that they aren't awarding Gamma Marks so many would not bother.

If they are not being offered I would blame AoD for that. With CBS orders to concentrate on AoD, ViL is basically dropped and no effort is made to change the code on all Marks Choice Queues to add Gamma to it.

With the current build on Tribble for 'The Ascension to Reputation Tier 6' people would be using this Weekend Event to get the 900 needed Gamma Marks to make the trudge from Tier 5 to Tier 6 (30 days sponsored).
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
    ltminns wrote: »
    Will no one rid me of this meddlesome Thread (by fixing it up)?

Has anyone verified that they are not awarding Gamma Marks as a choice? I could not get 'Atmospheric Assault' Normal or Advanced to pop. Same with Federation Fleet Alert. This makes me think that they aren't awarding Gamma Marks so many would not bother.

If they are not being offered I would blame AoD for that. With CBS orders to concentrate on AoD, ViL is basically dropped and no effort is made to change the code on all Marks Choice Queues to add Gamma to it.

With the current build on Tribble for 'The Ascension to Reputation Tier 6' people would be using this Weekend Event to get the 900 needed Gamma Marks to make the trudge from Tier 5 to Tier 6 (30 days sponsored).
    Thanks for asking in your own unique way. I put a fair number of alts into shuttles for this event and got them all set up only to find myself switching them back to their ships. There comes a time when a company should give news releases the credit they're due with respect to accuracy if they expect to be taken seriously. This one, with the lack of any attempt to correct or clarify is a bit of a joke to be frank.
  • salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,794 Arc User
    edited September 2018
    @ambassadorkael#6946

Any chance of reworking shuttle event fleet alert to be cross faction? As it stands Klingon characters basically have no chance of actually playing it.
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
  • avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,196 Arc User
    The shuttle queues already seem dead for me.
    As per the new usual, atmosphere assault is popping pretty quickly.
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
    hmmm... kael and bort both off sick as of 9/19 per twitter. Sorry fellas, get well soon.

(I don't use Twitter, got link from another thread)
    @ambassadorkael#6946

Any chance of reworking shuttle event fleet alert to be cross faction? As it stands Klingon characters basically have no chance of actually playing it.

I agree if shuttle queues, events, to be cross-faction would only help.

As per the new usual, atmosphere assault is popping pretty quickly.

Agree again, the 2 times I played this event out of the 4 this popped both times 1st.
    Are Gamma Marks a choice when completing?
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
    Are Gamma Marks a choice when completing?

Fortunately, no.
    The last time they ran this was in April 2017 just after a Breech Event.
    Available in this as well in the Breech Event, was Lukari Marks that had became availible with the Lukari Restoration Reputation at the end of January (a mere 36 days after introduction during the Breech).

We are now at 108 days out from the release of ViL or three times the period between when Lukari came out and when they were added to other Queues.

There is one explanation for this lack of addition to other Queues - Age of Discovery. What I believe has happened is that the Developers had a specific code fork for Reputation that they are working on for the Tier 6 update in AoD. Pretty much that means they don't want to update the existing live for anything to do with Reputation as it will then likely get out of sync with the development code for AoD.

The reason the Announcement Blogs say that the Event Queue was updated to include all Reputations is because it is a copy/paste of the previous Shuttle Event Announcement. Editing is not a strong suit around here.

The non-synchonization of Reputation code in Development with live bit them in the rear when the Delta Reputation was released with the Delta Expansion. Specifically it had to do with changing Marks Boxes to self-opening. They did that to live while they had Delta Reputation Development code and did not retrofit it to that code. So while all other Reputations had self-opening Marks Boxes, Delta did not.

By the time they were ready to address the problem people could have accumulated Delta Marks Boxes that would have yielded nearly 1,200 Bonus Marks during an upcoming Bonus Marks Weekend. Solution before that self-opening code was added was to declare that the Daily Marks Bonuses were not eligible for the Bonus, amongst other things. So even if you earned it during a Bonus Marks Event you were not going to get a bonus for those items.

I think I've talked enough on this. :)
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • pottsey5gpottsey5g Member Posts: 4,177 Arc User
    @ambassadorkael#6946

Its not that much better for feds its now half way though Sunday and I have managed to get in 1 single queue over the entire event weekend. Just logged out the game after wasting an hour queueing for all 3 at the time same time. Must have pressed accept 20 times but it keeps cancelling.
    Years ago when this Shuttle Event first came up I gave up with Klingon Fleet Alerts as they never popped. That is why I do Atmospheric Assault almost exclusively. Though this year I'm doing it just on one Character. No Gamma Marks however.
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
    Years ago when this Shuttle Event first came up I gave up with Klingon Fleet Alerts as they never popped. That is why I do Atmospheric Assault almost exclusively. Though this year I'm doing it just on one Character. No Gamma Marks however.

Maybe Cryptic is delaying the Gamma Marks introduction, compared to the Lukari & others, into the main-stream of choose your marks queues since tied-in with a pseudo expansion release & it's content like the Gamma Battlezone.

Cryptic doesn't make this shuttle event compelling enough for me to participate in for reward versus the effort required & I'm including the lengthy wait-time for a queue to pop. Then again right now in the last couple of weeks there seems to be a drop-off anyways in all around players. I hope Cryptic doesn't abandon it for those that enjoy it, but I think it needs some rebalancing & finer-tuning.
    Read my lengthy post about three up for my take on why we don't have Gamma Marks added to any select Marks Queues at this stage.
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
    Atmosphere assault normal popped pretty quickly and was worth it considering the 200 to 300 marks for minimal effort. Only "problem" is as usual, nearly all pugged teammates are trash so you basically have to carry but it's normal difficulty so no big deal. It was a nice piece to add to the mark grind rotation along with breach advanced.
    The last time they ran this was in April 2017 just after a Breech Event.
    Available in this as well in the Breech Event, was Lukari Marks that had became availible with the Lukari Restoration Reputation at the end of January (a mere 36 days after introduction during the Breech).

We are now at 108 days out from the release of ViL or three times the period between when Lukari came out and when they were added to other Queues.

There is one explanation for this lack of addition to other Queues - Age of Discovery. What I believe has happened is that the Developers had a specific code fork for Reputation that they are working on for the Tier 6 update in AoD. Pretty much that means they don't want to update the existing live for anything to do with Reputation as it will then likely get out of sync with the development code for AoD.

The reason the Announcement Blogs say that the Event Queue was updated to include all Reputations is because it is a copy/paste of the previous Shuttle Event Announcement. Editing is not a strong suit around here.

The non-synchonization of Reputation code in Development with live bit them in the rear when the Delta Reputation was released with the Delta Expansion. Specifically it had to do with changing Marks Boxes to self-opening. They did that to live while they had Delta Reputation Development code and did not retrofit it to that code. So while all other Reputations had self-opening Marks Boxes, Delta did not.

By the time they were ready to address the problem people could have accumulated Delta Marks Boxes that would have yielded nearly 1,200 Bonus Marks during an upcoming Bonus Marks Weekend. Solution before that self-opening code was added was to declare that the Daily Marks Bonuses were not eligible for the Bonus, amongst other things. So even if you earned it during a Bonus Marks Event you were not going to get a bonus for those items.

I think I've talked enough on this. :)

Nice comprehensive explanation about it including a brief history to where we all are now with it. Thanks.