test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Breach extension for those affected by Hurricane Florence.

kidinthehall#2744 kidinthehall Member Posts: 69 Arc User
Hello, I'm in Jacksonville NC, most of NC and SC are currently in the effects of hurricane Florence and are without power and/or internet. Since it's a good deal number of people who can't continue with the Breach event could we get an extension? I had less than a week left but I may not be able to get back to STO for several days. Thank you.
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,319 Community Moderator
    Typically, Cryptic has only extended Events when the fault lies with them, e.g. extended/emergency maintenance on their end which prevents players from logging in to participate. Outside problems/issues beyond their control (local weather, local ISP issues, etc.) have not been reason to extend an event.

As long as you have the project slotted, though, you will be able to complete it during the next Breach Event run.

On a personal note, our thoughts are with you and those currently effected by the hurricane. Stay safe.
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • Options
    mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited September 2018
    Typically, Cryptic has only extended Events when the fault lies with them, e.g. extended/emergency maintenance on their end which prevents players from logging in to participate. Outside problems/issues beyond their control (local weather, local ISP issues, etc.) have not been reason to extend an event.

As long as you have the project slotted, though, you will be able to complete it during the next Breach Event run.

On a personal note, our thoughts are with you and those currently effected by the hurricane. Stay safe.

Hurricane Florence has been over for well over half a day. it is just a tropical storm dumping a pile of rain in South Carolina and some strong winds.

Only other Hurricane going off is heading towards China and another one that likely burned out leaving a tropical storn out heading to the uk.

North Carolina has been hit by the now former hurricane when it was active yesterday, some damage and some flooding, especially along the coast and a little more inland. thankfully and regretfully so far a few deaths considering it is the weakest hurricane to strike the US.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • Options
    equinox976equinox976 Member Posts: 2,277 Arc User
    Is STO really a priority for you with a storm raging??
  • Options
    anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    equinox976 wrote: »

Just my thoughts...

Even with the comparatively light winds we sometimes have here in Denmark, usually, when storms rage, gaming is a very low priority for me...

Unless you count dodging debris and looking what I need to replace afterwards "gaming":
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
  • Options
    equinox976 wrote: »

Well I'm safe inside with food and water. I have no power for anything else so I've got plenty of time on my hands to be curious and ask questions. I can't repair my own internet or power grid so what else do you want me to be doing?
  • Options

Hurricane Florence has been over for well over half a day. it is just a tropical storm dumping a pile of rain in South Carolina and some strong winds.

Only other Hurricane going off is heading towards China and another one that likely burned out leaving a tropical storn out heading to the uk.

North Carolina has been hit by the now former hurricane when it was active yesterday, some damage and some flooding, especially along the coast and a little more inland. thankfully and regretfully so far a few deaths considering it is the weakest hurricane to strike the US.

We're still being hit by the same tropical storm. I can assure it's not sunny skies here now.
  • Options

Thank you kindly. I was just curious and thought I'd ask.
  • Options
    mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    evlripper wrote: »

We're still being hit by the same tropical storm. I can assure it's not sunny skies here now.

never said it was, neither was my intention to call it out as the opposite. i'm simply saying that the hurricane doesn't exist any more.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • Options
    warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    If events were extended every time there were "a good deal number of people who can't continue," everything would be extended forever. There is always something going on somewhere that someone claims as reason to extend.
  • Options
    dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    edited September 2018
    I lost internet due to bad wiring from the telephone pole during a CC event. I used my phone's WiFi Hotspot ability to get on long enough to do it for a couple days.

Or if you don't have the time after internet comes back, spend the $10 for the 10 tokens if the dino pet thing is really that important to you.
  • Options
    vetteguy904vetteguy904 Member Posts: 3,857 Arc User
    Sorry OP I know it's tough in your shoes and you have it worse now than i did with Irma last year, but face it large pats of NC are not going to have power for a couple three weeks, if not longer. no way is Cryptic going to put everything on hold for that long a time
    Spock.jpg

This discussion has been closed.