test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

What are the various ways of grinding Iconian Probes?

oracion666oracion666 Member Posts: 338 Arc User
Returning player after a year or so. I know the queues for the Iconian ground/space advanced missions, but they just don't pop. Nobody joins, so that's out. I spotted the mission that converts marks into probes, but that's only one a day. Are there any other ways?
Formerly known as Echo@Rivyn13
Member since early 2011

Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• casualstocasualsto Member Posts: 672 Arc User
    Play the daily Breach(Event) and the Tzenkethi Red Alerts and select Iconian Mark Rewards - Also next weekend is marks weekend, so you're gonna be able to stack some! Have fun!
  • tunebreakertunebreaker Member Posts: 1,222 Arc User
    edited September 2018
    Apart from queues and the rep mission, there are some daily things on Kobali BZ to do that also reward couple of probes. Still, your best bet to get those is either Gateway to Grethor adv or Brotherhood of the Sword elite. They don't pop too often, but I've managed to pug them few times during past weeks.
    Even easier if you get friends/fleetmates to join you, or try to get people from DPS-channels.
  • seriousdaveseriousdave Member Posts: 2,777 Arc User
    As tunebreaker mentioned the last two missions in the kobali zone get you one iconian probe and one delta rep thingy on a daily basis. They're short, they're soloable and since the revamp you no longer have to choose beteewn the delta and ico stuff but get both upon completion. So that way you'll also hoard the delta thingies that you can trade in for more dil.
  • ffttfftt Member Posts: 715 Arc User
    I visit Kobali and rerun the first mission of the third act - I believe it's called 'Breaking the Walls'. One probe and power cell along with the daily bonus for delta and iconian marks. The base mark reward is pretty sad with only 5 marks but the mission is solo-able and with the daily that's upped to 55 and I'm really only after the probes and power cells anyways. I don't know what the cooldown on the mission may be though since I only run it if the daily bonus is not on cooldown.
  • echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,914 Arc User
    Cooldowns for the probes is 20 hours, I believe.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,512 Arc User
    fftt wrote: »
    I visit Kobali and rerun the first mission of the third act - I believe it's called 'Breaking the Walls'. One probe and power cell along with the daily bonus for delta and iconian marks. The base mark reward is pretty sad with only 5 marks but the mission is solo-able and with the daily that's upped to 55 and I'm really only after the probes and power cells anyways. I don't know what the cooldown on the mission may be though since I only run it if the daily bonus is not on cooldown.

You can also stick around and join another player's run and get a Delta elite mark and daily box too if you want something from that rep. They don't need to share with you, the grouping is automatic like in battlezones.

• warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    Best bet for gear tokens for anything other than omega, dyson and gamma is the marks trade-in project.
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,512 Arc User
    casualsto wrote: »
    Play the daily Breach(Event) and the Tzenkethi Red Alerts and select Iconian Mark Rewards - Also next weekend is marks weekend, so you're gonna be able to stack some! Have fun!

It's actually happening this weekend on PC (it started yesterday), not next weekend. The breach event is giving ~180 marks including the daily bonus.
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    The last TWO Kobali Ground Missions will each give the Delta and Iconian Elite Marks. So two of each a day for one run.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    2 a day doing kobali is the easiest to get solo, you also get the delta elite mark as a bonus.
  • warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    As tunebreaker mentioned the last two missions in the kobali zone get you one iconian probe and one delta rep thingy on a daily basis. They're short, they're soloable and since the revamp you no longer have to choose beteewn the delta and ico stuff but get both upon completion. So that way you'll also hoard the delta thingies that you can trade in for more dil.

Very much this ^^^
    This was how I was slowly working up Delta & Iconian Marks for my Gamma Recruits, as well as getting the elite tokens for both at the same time.
    XzRTofz.gif
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    edited September 2018
    For your reference, the two missions on Kobali that give Probe Data Cores are 'Breaking the Wall,' and 'With Our Last Breath.'

When you beam into Kobali City, head over to the replay console that is located just to the left of the door to the Kobali General (The main building.) From there select Act III and select 'Breaking the Wall.'

You then head over to the transporter and head to the third option, I believe it's called 'Hillside Base.' From there, just head toward the objective and follow along. Once you complete it, you'll get 1 Probe Data Core. When you turn the mission in, you will have the option to take 'with our last breath,' take that as well and complete it for another data core. That will net you 2 every 20hrs and it's very easily done, especially if you do it during peak hours when lots of people are there.

If you need to get them faster you can look for the Brotherhood of the Sword ground queue. I haven't looked at the advanced, but I know the Elite one pops pretty often and it's pretty easy.
    Insert witty signature line here.
    You can take both at the Console at the same time.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,018 Community Moderator
    ruinthefun wrote: »
    Kobalistan...

lol my fleet has started calling Kobali Prime Kobalistan after I said I saw that here on the forums.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
    hehe nice.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
    Actually... my fleet's been calling the Kar'fi "catfish" for some time. We even call the Garumba the "Goomba".
    Hell... we got a whole "fleet vocabulary" of things that we've said at one point or anther that just stuck. My fleet leader once called the Harg'peng Torpedo the Hedgehog. Guess what we now call it? lol
    Well I am flummoxed. I thought people just took the name of an item, shortened it, and added a 'y' or 'ie' at the end and called it a day out of laziness. You know Oddy, Sovvy, or whatever. I never knew the rules for when to use the 'ie' instead. :)
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
    ROFLMAO
    Kar'fi looks more like a Krill than a catfish. :)
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
This discussion has been closed.