test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Now that it's available, is the Fleet Vor'ral better than the Fleet Kurak?

djf021djf021 Member Posts: 1,379 Arc User
I'm considering the bundle, but I can't decide if my Gorn captain would leave his Fleet Kurak for the Fleet Vor'ral. I'd love your thoughts on comparing the two ships...
C4117709-1498929112732780large.jpg

Don't let them promote you. Don't let them transfer you. Don't let them do anything that takes you off the bridge of that ship, because while you're there... you can make a difference.
-Captain James T. Kirk

Comments

• Options
    tom61stotom61sto Member Posts: 3,637 Arc User
    I don't think either is head-and-shoulders better than the other. I think an average DPS-caring-but-not-hardcore pilot will be able to get decent damage out of each. Fleet Vor'ral is definitely not as meta re-defining in my view as the T5 Fleet Tor'kaht was to me, but it's still fairly solid if you want a canon battlecruiser.

In a dual Lt. Comm. Tac configuration it comes down to: Override Subsystem Safeties 3 and whatever you use for a Engineering Commander ability and Lt. Sci ability on the Fleet Kurak (Fleet Tier 6 Mogh) vs. Recursive Shearing 3, an extra Lt. and Lt. Comm Tac ability, plus the Temporal suite's beam on the Fleet Vor'ral (Fleet Support Battlecruiser). The total difference is probably going to depend on what you're fighting, as Recursive Shearing 3 is mostly a boss attack, and the Temporal beam thing only comes up now and then so it seems best suited to medium-sized or larger enemies, whereas OSS3 enhances your energy weapons no matter what you're shooting.

For the C-Store Vor'ral:
    The Trait is interesting. It might be good thing to substitute in for Honored Dead in builds KDF side, and when combined Repair Crews space trait it should grant quite a bit of durability. It might very well be a must-have trait for people aggro-tanking, as you gain "10 % " more Threat each stack, so they more shots you take the more enemies shoot you, which stacks up yet more Threat, plus the healing and hull bonuses.

The console is an odd one for passives, +10 Defence and +50 Science Readiness doesn't look that great at first, but it helps keep the Vor'ral together with enemies missing slightly more and having the one Sci ability I had in my config up more often. The active on it is situational, as the buff ends if the target dies, so it requires the enemy you tag to live for the duration if you want the full time on it. While I was leveling the Mastery in Argala, I found it best to tag one larger ship and then target and turn my forward-weapon-heavy ship to the other enemies to get the longest use out of it.
  • Options
    thunderfoot#5163 thunderfoot Member Posts: 4,540 Arc User
    @tom61sto

Thank you for the informative review. Very helpful and much appreciated.
    A six year old boy and his starship. Living the dream.
  • Options
    djf021djf021 Member Posts: 1,379 Arc User
    @tom61sto

Thank you for the informative review. Very helpful and much appreciated.

Agreed, thank you. I went ahead and got the bundle after looking at the trait again. Thanks for your help.
    C4117709-1498929112732780large.jpg

Don't let them promote you. Don't let them transfer you. Don't let them do anything that takes you off the bridge of that ship, because while you're there... you can make a difference.
    -Captain James T. Kirk