test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Fleet Phantom Space Intel Skills not working as intended? Or broken?

ionblue#7451 ionblue Member Posts: 2 Arc User
I don't know if this is me or the Intel skills are either broken or I am doing it totally wrong, it takes 16 marks to use the Vulnerable skills and yet when I am allowed to use them they don't work. Has someone had similar issues with the Intel skills as they are next to useless due to the needing a ridiculous amount of marks to get them to proc? Does someone have a solution for me? If not is there anyways I can repackage my ship and sell it on the exchange or get a token to buy another one from the Fleet store? Really not happy with it and wish I didn't feel I had wasted my money on something thats either poorly implemented, outright broken or I too noobish to understand how these skills are supposed to work ?

Comments

• seriousdaveseriousdave Member Posts: 2,777 Arc User
    Last time I checked on my damar class the intel mechanic worked perfectly fine.
    You choose a traget, toggle the gather intel button, wait till it it reaches 15 stacks (15 seconds) on the target and then use one of the 3 intel debuffs.
    If you manually deactive the gather intel thing or apply one of the debuffs the stacks are consumed.
    https://sto.gamepedia.com/Ability:_Gather_Intelligence

As for your question about a refund or something along those lines, there is no such thing.
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,512 Arc User
    I leveled up the Phantom a few weeks ago for the mastery trait and the intel powers were working fine for me. It's a single-target debuff so if the target dies too soon nothing happens.
    and yet when I am allowed to use them they don't work.

They aren't "ship explodes" powers just debuffs, how have you reached that conclusion?
  • annemarie30annemarie30 Member Posts: 2,596 Arc User
    i never bothered with that abilkity. if it's still alive after 15 seconds I've done something terri-wrong
    awkward.jpg
    We Want Vic Fontaine
  • protoneousprotoneous Member Posts: 2,984 Arc User
    i never bothered with that abilkity. if it's still alive after 15 seconds I've done something terri-wrong
    +1 lol. Recently had an alt in a phantom for the tier 6 trait and what the others are saying explains things perfectly. You can try using the phaser lance once you get full stacks and occasionally the results are an awesome crit when the target is vulnerable, but this other 15 second rule also applies when using cannons. So yes, the mechanic works as intended, but not always with the dramatic results we'd like to see more often.