test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

A step between the stars bug

ghost2448ghost2448 Member Posts: 83 Arc User
At the end of the mission when facing the Undine, the ships appear to be almost undefeatable and if by chance your character dies, the vessels that come to help you, just stop and don't do anything further, so when the dreadnoughts arrive all that is happening is the player getting shot one after the other.

Comments

• where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    edited September 2018
    I just ran this: Step Between the Stars. On my Level 65 KDF Tac...I did fine. Came close to biting it a couple of times, I forgot about those bubble things.

The trick with this mission seems to be: all shields.

You have lots of stuff that is centered on keeping shields up and draining the shields. Plus a wild gravity well and a tractor to keep those zippy ships in one place for a bit.

And don't forget the Dyson switches between Tactical and Science....there is a button on the special tray to switch you to Tactical to get those cannons. You can tell when you are in Tactical mode because Cannon Scatter lights up.

I am sure there is some other way to tell when you are in Tactical mode...but not sure what it is, since that thing has just been an Admiralty card for me for a long time.

It really helps to take a few mins to straighten up the trays before any combat takes place. I took all the Science shield drain stuff on one side, Tactical stuff on the other, Heals in a row.

PS I used my Tac (I don't really like that career) because she is the only one that does not have the Solanae set complete....still needs the Deflector....got the engine tonight.
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • wideningxgyrewideningxgyre Member Posts: 710 Arc User
    I find that you have to stop and take the time to reorganize the tray with the new weapons and shields to do the battle.

For me, it's impossible to complete if you're just button mashing and firing randomly. You HAVE to use the buffs and skills that the new ship provides in a very strategic fashion.

If you're still really having problems, move to the edge of the battle and fight one ship at a time, rather than staying in the middle and getting constantly flanked by multiple ships.