test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

I watched one Ep of TRIBBLE. and this is my responce.

icsairgunsicsairguns Member Posts: 1,504 Arc User
As title states I watched one episode of TRIBBLE and while I like the idea of war with the Federation what they have done to Klingons is unforgivable. so I made a video to Express my feelings on the subject. WE Are Klingon and I have a few other Klingon related Videos also.

Trophies for killing FEDS ahh those were the days. Ch'ar%20POST%20LoR.JPG

Comments

• Options
    with them saying they are revamping the early Klingon war missions im just hoping cryptic does not follow TRIBBLE into the flames.

• Options
    trygvar13trygvar13 Member Posts: 697 Arc User
    TRIBBLE is revamping the Klingons for Season 2... yet again. The first season was so bad and did not even feel Star Trek. To keep my sanity I have decided that Discovery does not exist. It just can't.
    Dahar Master Qor'aS
  • Options
    STO is revamping but they didn't say Klingons they just said the missions. so I hope they don't TRIBBLE with Klingons .

• Options
    sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,464 Arc User
    edited September 2018
    It is not a Klingon retcon, Star Trek: Discovery is set in the period between Enterprise and The Original Series. So the Klingons look different but also due to makeup and modern aesthetic. I still recognize them as Klingons due to the ridges otherwise they would be a different race of aliens.
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
  • Options
    where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    edited September 2018
    LOVE this song!!! :)

Had to post it to my FB feed. LOL!
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • Options
    sthe91 wrote: »
    It is not a Klingon retcon, Star Trek: Discovery is set in the period between Enterprise and The Original Series. So the Klingons look different but also due to makeup and modern aesthetic. I still recognize them as Klingons due to the ridges otherwise they would be a different race of aliens.

it is worse than a retcon its just made up. and I know its between ENT and TOS that's why its so messed up. canon has been established prior to and after . then they try this. and not even the people the ships and the lore all thrown out the window. and for what?

• Options
    where2r1 wrote: »

thanks how about a sub on the page too >> only need like 987 more

• Options
    dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    *checks the date on the OP*
    Huh, not a necro-post... :/
    *wanders off*
  • Options
    where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    icsairguns wrote: »
    where2r1 wrote: »

thanks how about a sub on the page too >> only need like 987 more

OK :)
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • Options
    angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    edited September 2018
    DSC hasn't retconned anything. They simply changed the aesthetics for artistic reasons, or "modernized" it - which is what so many vocal users here deemed absolutely necessary because the thing they loved for so long looked absolutely ridiculous and finally looks "real".

Point is, how things in DSC look, from ships to aliens, has no in-universe reason. They said they redesigned it to fit their artistic vision. So far, that is. If S2 adresses how Kingpins (autocorrect) look, then we can talk again. Right now it's just swappable skins.

That being said, I officially like to see Klingons be renamed to Kingpins.
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • Options
    artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    Yeah. I too hated it when TMP disregarded the carefully established continuity of TOS and disgustingly revamped the Klingons. They were completely recognisable. Hell, as soon as the next film introduced the BoP it was clear the writers just didn't care about all the carefully established Klingon aesthetics established in TOS. That BoP is clearly a Romulan ship and looks nothing like a D7. And then they go and change the interiors of the D7s in TMP to looking like warehouses covered in red smog.

Lazy excuses to hate DSC because it's new are lazy.​​
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    Well im sure if it had been good enough to watch past one episode even id be able to find more reasons to hate on it. But it wasn't. I will say one good thing about it though. it makes me dislike JJ trek a little less.