What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Ascend to a New Level of Reputation!

Comments

• vegeta50024vegeta50024 Member Posts: 2,335 Arc User
    edited September 2018
    shpoks wrote: »
    This is good.
    I like the reputations, they have grown on me over the time. Some nice and much appreciated additions from what I can see in this initial info.

@ambassadorkael#6946 , any ETA on this for the 'Holodeck' server?

People on reddit are guessing sometime around the end of September to the beginning of October. This current lock box seems like it will be longer than most cycles.
    Sounds like some good stuff. The question I have is - are we sponsored already? Since I have tier V in all already, will my journey to tier VI be at the sponsored rate or the slow rate? (ie I'll do this for 30 or 40 days but not interested in doing it for 80).

I have a feeling that you'll be at the sponsored rates on Tribbble once that gets updated with this and when it drops on Holodeck later.

TSC_Signature_Gen_4_-_Vegeta_Small.png
  • nommo#5819 nommo Member Posts: 1,105 Arc User
    ruinthefun wrote: »
    Ah, lovely, there goes the fleet ship module market forever. I wonder what I'll do with over 700 of them....

I'll admit this announcement was unexpected & shocking with how generous it seems from Cryptic. Cryptic, do you have a fever?

I was viewing chat earlier today while playing a little & saw the discussion where this player, Ruin, was pretty generous as well about the fleet ship modules.

I've read & reread this announcement a few times now & cannot find a bad thing mentioned from my point of view. All of it sounds like a very welcomed improvement for players. Thanks Cryptic & well done. The only negative is Cryptic actually has me looking forward to more grinding now lol.
  • daverreondaverreon Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    I have a few sponsorship tokens. With the update, will it be possible to turn them in for marks?

The alternate damage types sound nice, but it will weaken the flavor of the reputation sets.
  • phoenix841phoenix841 Member Posts: 486 Arc User
    edited September 2018
    So, if Sponsorship tokens are going away (I assume, by the auto-sponsored wording), what happens to the Rep Sponsor Titles?
    I rather enjoyed collecting those on my characters, even though it took me like 5x longer to grind reps on all my characters.

For those that keep stores of sponsership tokens... why???
    I only create them on demand. It takes like 5 seconds.
    LTS Since Beta (Jan 2010).
  • ianf2ianf2 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    Sounds great. I'm eager to see the new traits and stuff at tier 6, even though it might take a while to get there i'm sure, which i'm fine with.

One thing i want to know, I personally am not experiencing this but I know some will, how will you handle people who have/are working on/already got sponsorships for their alts? That seems like quite a fair amount of marks and other resources down the drain for them if it's just going to be free now.
  • seriousdaveseriousdave Member Posts: 2,777 Arc User
    Account wide dil discounts, special weapons of all flavors, more rep vanity shields? Holy space barbie batman, best season ever! <3
  • nimbullnimbull Member Posts: 1,564 Arc User
    edited September 2018
    Brag to your friends about your progress by activating a new Ability that displays dramatic visual FX for each Tier VI Reputation you have achieved.

Brag to your friends Troll about your progress by activating a new Ability that displays dramatic visual FX for each Tier VI Reputation you have achieved.

Especially if it's like an AOE effect you can spam.
    Green people don't have to be.... little.
  • binebanebinebane Member Posts: 557 Arc User
    will things stack? i mean improved skills
  • lordsteve1lordsteve1 Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    "Reaching Tier V of any reputation will now automatically sponsor that reputation for your account."

This sounds good, but will this have any effect on the "small" pool of sponsor tokens I've got piled up in my account bank?

This interests me the most, because it speeds up other toons getting through the grind too and thus you can claim rewards even faster.
    I'd like to know however, @ambassadorkael#6946 can you ask the dev team if this will be added to existing characters retrospectively? So in effect all our mains are at T5 already, so we automatically get sponsorship for other toons now?
    SulMatuul.png
  • annemarie30annemarie30 Member Posts: 2,596 Arc User
    PLEASE add the 4th part to the earl;y sets. assimilated and adv MACO warp cores!
    awkward.jpg
    We Want Vic Fontaine
  • crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,113 Arc User
    !Yay...moar Grind...oh, wait. ;)
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
  • shadowfirefly00shadowfirefly00 Member Posts: 1,026 Arc User
    I imagine the improved traits would take effect on a map change (like the other examples of traits being upgraded to their superior form). As for the upgraded weapons, the question which arises is how this would apply to examples already requisitioned. Perhaps there's a simple project which accepts the existing weapon as input and returns the same weapon with adjusted stats (keeping any upgrade work which was done on it). And then, what about the other pieces of such sets - why not give them a similar enhancement as well?
  • where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    edited September 2018
    Fleet Kamarag....come to Momma! LOL!

(I know, already spending the FSMs even before I know what I have to do to get them)
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • captaincelestialcaptaincelestial Member Posts: 1,925 Arc User
    When there was talk about doing more cross-account things for STO, this isn't what I was expecting. This is a pleasant surprise for me :)
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    ianf2 wrote: »
    Sounds great. I'm eager to see the new traits and stuff at tier 6, even though it might take a while to get there i'm sure, which i'm fine with.

One thing i want to know, I personally am not experiencing this but I know some will, how will you handle people who have/are working on/already got sponsorships for their alts? That seems like quite a fair amount of marks and other resources down the drain for them if it's just going to be free now.
    One thing I wonder about is that, T5 means auto-sponsor, does that double XP from 5 to 6?
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • alcyoneserenealcyoneserene Member Posts: 2,412 Arc User
    You keep upgrading all other aspects hows this for an idea.

FIX THE BUGS
    Completely in agreement. This sounds exciting, maybe it will revitalize the queues a little, but when things like major captain career space powers do not function such as engineering fleet 3 or rotate shield polarity 3 (link) or other powers that do not influence shield hardness when it says it should, adding more fun things doesn't change it being completely broken. Sad too that it's not the precious attack pattern alpha that's broken or there'd be a riot.
    Y945Yzx.jpg
    Devs: Provide the option to Turn OFF full screen flashes from enemy ship explosions
    · ♥ · ◦.¸¸. ◦'¯`·. (Ɏ) V A N U _ S O V E R E I G N T Y (Ɏ) .·´¯'◦.¸¸. ◦ · ♡ ·
    «» \▼/ T E R R A N ¦ R E P U B L I C \▼/ «»
    ﴾﴿ ₪ṩ ||| N A N I T E S Y S T E M S : B L A C K | O P S ||| ₪ṩ ﴾﴿
  • jrq2jrq2 Member Posts: 263 Arc User
    This is amazing, first we get a level increase then we get an all gear mark increase to level 15 now they are going to increase the reputation level to six.

Does this mean that Cryptic is preparing us for the T7 ships that will most likely come out in the new Age of Discovery release this fall.

Okay everyone get your wallet out to skip ahead of all the grinders so we can all be one of the first to use the new T7 Starships.

• duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,867 Arc User
    edited September 2018
    jrq2 wrote: »

Does this mean that Cryptic is preparing us for the T7 ships that will most likely come out in the new Age of Discovery release this fall.

No, Cryptic has stated (Ten Forward weekly) that there are no current plans for T7. Never say never but the chances of it coming soon are very, very low if not nil.
    where2r1 wrote: »
    Fleet Kamarag....come to Momma! LOL!

(I know, already spending the FSMs even before I know what I have to do to get them)

Hey, not a bad thing (I'm looking at a new warbird and sci vessel of some description. Oh the possibilities.) ;)
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Normalize costs for Omega Space Set equipment.

Normalize T5 Award for the Omega Rep

Get rid of any lingering Doff costs in Nakura Reputation.

Give the Five Elite Marks for T5 Reward for the Delta and Iconian Reps.

Get rid of any lingering Costume Unlock Costs.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • dp1149dp1149 Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited September 2018
    So much for burning through marks with hourlies for the dil, at least for a while.

Thinking of Dyson, Iconian, and Nukara DHC phasers all firing at the same time...I guess "rainbow" won't necessarily be a negative term anymore. :tongue:
    Damn the torpedoes, warp speed ahead!
  • manlyyamsmanlyyams Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    I got mixed feelings on this. I mean, progression is nice, free items are nice, but more energy types seems counter-intuitive. When new rep sets come out it's always interesting seeing people make new Tetryon or new Polaron builds to match. Or mixing and matching existing builds.

This feels like it would make rep sets... boring, in a way. I understand you hear comments like "nice set, wish it was in AP" or whatever, but... idk? Might just be personal preference, here.

• terkhanterkhan Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    And the ancient question: "now what?" Has been finally answered.
  • duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,867 Arc User
    manlyyams wrote: »
    This feels like it would make rep sets... boring, in a way. I understand you hear comments like "nice set, wish it was in AP" or whatever, but... idk? Might just be personal preference, here.

There's still a trade off between earning the weapons early through lower tiers or waiting until you get all the way to T6. This probably won't be a over-before-you-know-it grind so the extra time/effort is still going to be a factor in build decisions (just not as rigid of one.)
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • shpoksshpoks Member Posts: 6,967 Arc User
    People on reddit are guessing sometime around the end of September to the beginning of October. This current lock box seems like it will be longer than most cycles.

That was my initial assumption as well - this T6 rep. system comming with a new reputation tied with the release of 'Age of Discovery'.
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    More power creep in exchange for grind? Sign me up.
  • nommo#5819 nommo Member Posts: 1,105 Arc User
    daverreon wrote: »
    I have a few sponsorship tokens. With the update, will it be possible to turn them in for marks?

The alternate damage types sound nice, but it will weaken the flavor of the reputation sets.

&
    phoenix841 wrote: »
    So, if Sponsorship tokens are going away (I assume, by the auto-sponsored wording), what happens to the Rep Sponsor Titles?
    I rather enjoyed collecting those on my characters, even though it took me like 5x longer to grind reps on all my characters.

For those that keep stores of sponsership tokens... why???
    I only create them on demand. It takes like 5 seconds.

Good questions about left-over Sponsorship Tokens. Hopefully Cryptic will allow some sort of trade-in value if not useful anymore versus just discard & tough doo doo.
  • dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    rewards sound nice, unless the grind is stupidly huge and makes the rewards not worth the effort
  • starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    PLEASE add the 4th part to the earl;y sets. assimilated and adv MACO warp cores!

In addition to Kit Modules for every Reputation and Experimental Weapons for some Reputations since for some strange reason, Gamma Reputation doesn't have an Experimental Weapon while the Competitive Wargames Reputation does.
  • tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    LOL Cap retrain tokens for grinding T6 reps...