test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

PC Maintenance for 8/30/18

ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,674 Community Manager
Greetings Captains!
We will be having a maintenance tomorrow, 8/30 at 7AM Pacific for 2.5 hours. (What time is this for me?)
You can find our patch notes here.

=/\=
We value your feedback and want to help direct it to the right locations. Please check the following link to redirect to the best sub-forums to post your replies.
Experiencing a Gameplay Bug with our latest patch? Please click this link to be taken to our Gameplay Bug Report Section to file your reports.
Thank you for the assistance!
The Star Trek Online Team

Comments

• sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,435 Arc User
    Thanks for the fixes.
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
  • meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    According to your schedule, the patch event is already over. :p
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,196 Arc User
    I still wish they would fix the fact that you can't skip the Future Proof missions and especially Ragnarok, I hate being forced to do them on every toon just so I can access the later arcs such as New Frontiers.
  • where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    edited August 2018
    avoozuul wrote: »
    I still wish they would fix the fact that you can't skip the Future Proof missions and especially Ragnarok, I hate being forced to do them on every toon just so I can access the later arcs such as New Frontiers.

Ugh, THAT is what I am doing, now. 2 of my main characters left to go. I am sooooo freaking happy it is almost over!!!
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • sennahcheribsennahcherib Member Posts: 2,823 Arc User
    avoozuul wrote: »

indeed, it is really annoying
  • g1yni3g1yni3 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Does this mean the Lag will be delt with as when you go to create another Character it Lags out very bad I have reinstalled ARC and STO and it is still doing the same thing on the Character creation part of the game also could this be the run up to the new installment of the game which I believe comes out in September I am excited for it but hope that the constant Lag on the Create Character gets delt with first.
  • sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,435 Arc User
    edited August 2018
    g1yni3, you do not need Arc to play STO. You can play STO from the launcher. Thanks. Though it will be glad if that was indeed fixed in this patch. This does not get fixed when one reinstalls Arc and STO.
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
  • rattleshark#0665 rattleshark Member Posts: 78 Arc User
    The head covering will not be available.
    Jem’Hadar Captains can now wear the Lukari Helmet if the player has unlocked this uniform.
    I noticed at the summer event that my Alien could not wear hats, I bought 3 baseball uniforms , opened 1 and went to the tailor , there was no option anywhere to use the hat.
    Is that a racial restriction for alien or a bug ?
  • maximashliemaximashlie Member Posts: 1 New User
    If it's past maintenance time then why is the server still down?
  • paradoxro#7981 paradoxro Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    The maintenance is over the long time but the server not work,whi?
  • chemistrysetchemistryset Member Posts: 229 Arc User
    edited August 2018
    Greetings Captains!
    We will be having a maintenance tomorrow, 8/30 at 7AM Pacific for 2.5 hours. (What time is this for me?)

Maintenance will be finished in appr. 40 minutes. @ambassadorkael#6946 again set the event time as UTC - which is false.

Seriously, it really isn´t hard to use the Event Time Announcer properly...
    The fact that jellyfish have survived for 650 million years despite not having brains is great news for stupid people.
  • paradoxro#7981 paradoxro Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    > @chemistryset said:
    > ambassadorkael ambassadorkael#6946
    >
    > wrote: »
    >
    > Greetings Captains!
    > We will be having a maintenance tomorrow, 8/30 at 7AM Pacific for 2.5 hours. (What time is this for me?)
    >
    > ...
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Maintenance will be finished in appr. 40 minutes. @ambassadorkael#6946 again set the event time as UTC - which is false.
    >
    > Seriously, it really isn´t hard to use the Event Time Announcer properly...

Thank you for ansver, <3 <3 <3
  • chemistrysetchemistryset Member Posts: 229 Arc User
    edited August 2018
    Thank you for ansver, <3<3<3

You´re welcome.

The fact that jellyfish have survived for 650 million years despite not having brains is great news for stupid people.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    Jem’Hadar Captains can now wear the Lukari Helmet if the player has unlocked this uniform.
    I noticed at the summer event that my Alien could not wear hats, I bought 3 baseball uniforms , opened 1 and went to the tailor , there was no option anywhere to use the hat.
    What head shape? I have an alien with it but she uses a humanoid head.
    https://youtu.be/2YmsGkGOjkU
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • rattleshark#0665 rattleshark Member Posts: 78 Arc User
    My profile pic is the toon , i took the screen shot on risa with the risa shades on. Since you are obviously wearing the hat i will look again , i could not see any option for it under off duty or anywhere else.
  • protoneousprotoneous Member Posts: 2,981 Arc User
    azrael605 wrote: »
    > @avoozuul said:
    > I still wish they would fix the fact that you can't skip the Future Proof missions and especially Ragnarok, I hate being forced to do them on every toon just so I can access the later arcs such as New Frontiers.

I disagree, I feel they should make all missions unskippable.
    I don't agree with your disagreement and think you disagree just for the sake of not agreeing. Unskippable missions are so 2012 and belong to the same mindset as having to do an event with each of your characters for the item reward portion before account unlocks were brought in. Being a patch notes thread I'd be happy to agree to disagree though :smile:
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    'You say "Yes", I say "No".
    You say "Stop" and I say "Go, go, go".
    Oh no.
    You say "Goodbye" and I say "Hello, hello, hello".
    I don't know why you say "Goodbye", I say "Hello, hello, hello".
    I don't know why you say goodbye, I say hello.
    I say "High", you say "Low".
    You say "Why?" And I say "I don't know".
    Oh no.'
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,914 Arc User
    I don't skip missions anyway, usually. The only time I did was because I needed to get to a specific one and had very little time to play up to it. Then I went back and did the skipped missions.

So if they were all unskippable, it wouldn't be a huge problem for me. I'm on the fence whether they should all be unskippable or not. And if azrael said he thinks they should all be unskippable, he means it. He doesn't argue for the sake of arguing, at least that's been my experience with him.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • fred26291#2759 fred26291 Member Posts: 1,265 Arc User
    Temporal battlesuit still cant be worn by bridge officers? whats the chance we can fix that as well as the Jem hadar special outfit issues?
  • avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,196 Arc User
    edited August 2018
    echatty wrote: »
    I don't skip missions anyway, usually. The only time I did was because I needed to get to a specific one and had very little time to play up to it. Then I went back and did the skipped missions.

So if they were all unskippable, it wouldn't be a huge problem for me. I'm on the fence whether they should all be unskippable or not. And if azrael said he thinks they should all be unskippable, he means it. He doesn't argue for the sake of arguing, at least that's been my experience with him.
    I only skip particular missions which I don't ever want to do again after how tedious and long they are, only really missions which I don't enjoy at all I want to skip. I shouldn't have to do them again on every toon just so I can access a particular item sets on later arcs. Ragnarok is the one I really can't stand at all, it's just way too long and the rewards are very mediocre and don't make up for the slog at all imo.

• where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    echatty wrote: »

"Of Bajor" is a serious contender for skip every time listing at least for me.
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    My profile pic is the toon , i took the screen shot on risa with the risa shades on. Since you are obviously wearing the hat i will look again , i could not see any option for it under off duty or anywhere else.
    Well, I just tinkered with it.

IF it shows up at all, the hat is in a category called "Head covering" next to the hairstyle selector. BUT... While I have a costume with it applied already, I can't seem to make a new one. I can save the one I have and duplicate it, but if I try to make it from scratch it doesn't work. BUT if I COPY the costume and change the category to off-duty the hat stays and I can make an off duty outfit with the hat.

Something is causing it to hide the category when it shouldn't be hidden. :/
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    How do you think that Unskippable will turn out now with the upcoming Streamlining?
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
This discussion has been closed.