test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

My GamePrint Ship Arrived Today!

andorianblueandorianblue Member Posts: 88 Arc User
edited September 2018 in Ten Forward
This is my @GamePrint 3D printed Tactical Star Cruiser model using the Yorktown saucer and nacelles, Sojourner hull, and Odyssey pylons with the Type 7 hull material and Type 5 windows. I ordered this model in the 7 inch option on June 27th and it arrived on August 27th. I’m pretty happy with how it came out. I’m glad I ordered the 7 inch option because I don’t think some of the smaller details, like the name and the fleet logo, would’ve come out as clearly on a 4 inch model. With that said, if I were to order another I’d definitely go with the more affordable 4 inch option. I also would pick a ship that didn’t have thin pylons like this one because they’re pretty flexible and rubbery, which causes the nacelles to not line up as well as I’d like. Other than the pylons though, the model feels pretty solid. If anyone remembers those little Star Trek Micro Machines models, it feels kind of like those. I’m pleased with how the coloring came out too, the small red lines stand out nicely against the black and light grey.

Things that impressed me:
• How clearly the name and fleet logo on the saucer came out.
• How good the Aquarius looks in the back, I wasn’t expecting it to come out that well.
• I was expecting the phaser strips to be flat, but they aren’t, which I feel like is a nice detail that could’ve easily been skipped.
• The ends of the nacelles came out rather well. The Yorktown nacelles have those weird fins on the back; I wasn’t expecting them to look as good as they do.

Things that would’ve made it better:
• I wish the pylons weren’t so flexible and that the nacelles lined up better.
• I wish it had a stand, I knew it didn’t come with one but it’d be nice so I could display this thing better. I would’ve gladly paid a little more to have that as an option.

Overall impression: It’s good, it’s not perfect but I never expected it to be. However, for a $99 model, I wish it were a bit closer to perfect. The coloring on the model looks really good; it doesn’t seem to have had any printing issues that I’ve seen others have. Those pylons though, I’d be happier if they were a bit more solid.

XEgf2xY.jpg
3xSLcWG.jpg
qMLYWk5.jpg
b86ElDW.jpg
kCS4nhe.jpg
ed07oFS.jpg

A comparison with the Eaglemoss Enterprise-E model
3ou5vf6.jpg

In-game shots of ship
U5CK0Pb.jpg
29m3TmE.jpg

You can find a few additional pictures here -> https://imgur.com/a/LVeQ0IU
Post edited by andorianblue on

Comments

• mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    My Gameprint Model arrivedyesterday. I ordered in March. When did you order?

Some sample pictures:

mVlqbCK.jpg

Onct3yX.jpg

ktwkrX1.jpg

Link to full Album: https://imgur.com/a/da2RywX

I am very happy with the result. I was worried the nacelles or pylons might be bend, but it's pretty much perfect, and the paint is really geat. Of course, it's a 12 Inch Model.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.