test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Having trouble deciding on a ship... Opinions?

13»

Comments

• Options
    casualstocasualsto Member Posts: 672 Arc User
    Best all-rounder ships for dps are:

Fleet Arbiter (avenger t6), Fleet Kurak (mogh t6), Fleet Morrigu (Heavy warbird t6).

They're easy to gear, easy to maneuver, alot of slots for tac and engineering and mostly, their non-fleet variants bring the best dps trait for energy weaponry.
  • Options
    questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,318 Arc User
    questerius wrote: »
    reyan01 wrote: »
    I fly my T'Varo primarily with mines in mind to thin out enemies, and then make oblique passes with the triple Plasma launcher and/or the destabilized Plasma. I noted that cooldown quandry when I originally set the ship up, so I just use 2 types of mines, the Plasma and the Tractors (which I use to hinder enemies instead of outright damaging them). I have the cannons on the ship, but again, I don't really use them as the ship doesn't stand up very long if uncloaked.

I didn't want my tier 6 ship to use this forever cloaked, minelaying style, so I'm less and less inclined to go with the Faeht.

I think I'm pretty much decided.
    Aelahl it is.

Oh, and thanks to all for the advice and information. Much appreciated.

(side note - I wish the Destablised Plasma Projectile hadn't be nerfed - dropping the Red Blob of Doom, under cloak, on unsuspecting enemies was fun in it's purest form).

Amen.

Currently it is only rivaled by a rear fired Trico Cluster Torpedo.

My T'Varo has both.
    My usual scheme is to run in at full impulse, drop a full spread of plasma mines as I pass, then launch a spread of plasma torpedoes and the Tricobalt cluster torp at 8-10km as I blow by, leaving the enemy no time to fire on me. By the time I turn around, the tricobalt mines have hit, the enemy is momentarily disabled, and I'll fire the Hyperplasma and the Destabilized plasma at a range of about 4km. The Hyperplasma is faster, so THOSE tend to be shot down first, letting the red blob score a hit.
    Very few things can withstand that much fire damage.
    ... And I never had to actually decloak!

It can take a while to kill some things that way, but it's pretty safe.

Kind of have a love/hate relationship with plasma mines myself. I like them from a RP point of view, but i frequently get hammered by the plasma burn. I tend to use the Romulan Hyper torpedo in the rear slot as "pseudo mines"
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    Sooo "Operations Miracle Worker Warbird"

Is that Tebok? I forget...

Comm Eng/MW < great slot for MW powers
    LtC Eng <plenty of eng to spare here
    LtC Uni < i used it for science since it otherwise is only Ens
    Lt Tac/MW < mine has TT, FaW
    Ens Sci

I tossed "Destabilize Warp core", and "Overwhelm power Regulators" in the En/MW slot, but it's otherwise a pretty basic buff/FaW build. Also it's trait makes it WAY easier to do that with one of each tac power since it gives you tac power recharge for using eng/MW powers.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg