test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Blocking the arcgames.com overlay redirection

angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
Up until yesterday I had custom scripts running that allowed me to block the redirect that forces you to use these forums with the ARC overlay, which means I could access forums.arcgames.com/startrekonline/ directly. This has numerous advantages, like using the whole screen for the forums, not having 15 3rd party websites listening in, faster loading times and custom designs with the forum extension script and so forth.

Since yesterday, this stopped working. And I can't figure out why. Does anyone know what prompts the redirect now? It must be some script, as a forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/ URL opened with no-script blocking all scripts does not redirect and allow me to view the forum the way I like, but all scripts blocked means my customizations also don't work and things like creating new topics is difficult.

Up until now I blocked the embed.js, custom.js and embed_local.js scripts but it stopped working...​​
lFC4bt2.gif
^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
"No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
"A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
"That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou

Comments