test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Extended maintenances in August

ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,674 Community Manager
edited August 2018 in Galactic News Network [PC]
Hey folks:

Star Trek Online will undergo regular and extended maintenance throughout this month. The current maintenance schedule is as follows* (All times are Pacific time zone)

After the dates listed below, we plan to return to our regular maintenance schedule.

<b class="Bold">Tuesday, August 7</b>
<font color="purple"><b class="Bold">All Platforms</b></font>: 5-9am (Expected downtime of 4 hours)

<b class="Bold">Thursday, August 9</b>
<font color="purple"><b class="Bold">All Platforms</b></font>: 5am-12pm (Expected downtime of seven hours.)

<b class="Bold">Tuesday, August 14 </b>
<font color="green"><b class="Bold">Xbox One</b></font>: 5am – 1pm (Expected downtime of 8 hours)

<b class="Bold">Thursday, August 16</b>
<font color="blue"><b class="Bold">PS4</b></font>: 5am – 1pm (Expected downtime of 8 hours)
<b class="Bold">PC</b>: 7-9am (Regular maintenance)

*Maintenance schedule is subject to change. Any updates will be reflected on this thread if available.
Post edited by ambassadorkael#6946 on

Comments

• salacnar070890salacnar070890 Member Posts: 425 Bug Hunter
    Ofcourse anyone will ask this but will there be special maintenance livestreams?
    Salacnar
    =/\=Priority One Armada=/\=
    32 | Introvert | ADD (W/O Hyperactivity) | He/Him | Hetro-Demisexual | 6’9” ft-in tall | Avatar by: foodcu_be | Gunpla | STO | Yu-Gi-Oh!
  • iamynaughtiamynaught Member Posts: 1,285 Arc User
    Looks like it's time for the yearly server upgrades. Not exactly happy about the downtime, but I'd rather these longer downtimes than have something break and lose the game for a few days. Take your time, we'll survive.

I hope. :p
    Hello. My name is iamynaught and I am an altaholic.

Losing faith in humanity, one person at a time.
  • sunfranckssunfrancks Member Posts: 3,925 Arc User
    Because no context is provided on timezones, these are the PDT - BST conversions:

Tuesday, August 7
    All Platforms: 2pm-6pm (Expected downtime of 4 hours)

Thursday, August 9
    All Platforms: 2pm-9pm (Expected downtime of seven hours.)

Tuesday, August 14
    Xbox One: 2pm – 10pm (Expected downtime of 8 hours)

Thursday, August 16
    PS4: 2pm – 10pm (Expected downtime of 8 hours)
    PC: 2pm-4pm (Regular maintenance)

Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Tac Andorian (Shen) Sci Alien/Klingon (Maelrock) KDF:Tac Romulan KDF (Sasha) Tac Klingon (K'dopis)
    Founder, member and former leader to Pride Of The Federation Fleet.
    What I feel after I hear about every decision made since Andre "Mobile Games Generalisimo" Emerson arrived...
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

• captainwellscaptainwells Member Posts: 718 Arc User
    azrael605 wrote: »
    As per usual all during my work hours.

Same here, not too shabby!
  • lcp7372lcp7372 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    > @sunfrancks said:
    > Because no context is provided on timezones, these are the PDT - BST conversions:
    >
    > Tuesday, August 7
    > All Platforms: 2pm-6pm (Expected downtime of 4 hours)
    >
    > Thursday, August 9
    > All Platforms: 2pm-9pm (Expected downtime of seven hours.)
    >
    > Tuesday, August 14
    > Xbox One: 2pm – 10pm (Expected downtime of 8 hours)
    >
    > Thursday, August 16
    > PS4: 2pm – 10pm (Expected downtime of 8 hours)
    > PC: 2pm-4pm (Regular maintenance)

Thanks!
  • smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,659 Arc User
    iamynaught wrote: »
    Looks like it's time for the yearly server upgrades. Not exactly happy about the downtime, but I'd rather these longer downtimes than have something break and lose the game for a few days. Take your time, we'll survive.

I hope. :p

Yep, an ounce of prevention is better than a cure, as it were. :)
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • fred26291#2759 fred26291 Member Posts: 1,260 Arc User
    thanks for the notice, will plan other things to do for tomorrow and thursday.
  • eazzieeazzie Member Posts: 3,980 Arc User
    sunfrancks wrote: »
    Because no context is provided on timezones, these are the PDT - BST conversions:

Tuesday, August 7

Thursday, August 9

Tuesday, August 14

Thursday, August 16

Sorry your times are wrong by one hour

Tues should be 1pm - 5pm 7th
    Thur should be 1pm - 8pm 9th

Tues 14th should be 1pm - 9pm

Thurs 16th PS4 1pm - 9pm
    PC Reg maintenance 3pm - 5pm

BST is 8 hours ahead of PDT so therefore 5am PDT in BST is 1pm. In UTC 5am PDT is 12 noon.
  • b1u73ng31b1u73ng31 Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    Could I ask a favor though? In the future is it possible to have one of the maintenance days hit US players instead of EU players? :P I understand most of the players are in the US, but I still think its unfair that maintenance is ALWAYS during EU daylight.
  • ussvaliant#6064 ussvaliant Member Posts: 1,006 Arc User
    oh well at least for the majority of Thursdays 7 hours i'll be at work no real hardship there.
    maR4zDV.jpg

Hello rubber banding my old friend, time to bounce around the battlezone again, where are all my bug reports going?, out of love with this game I am falling, As Cryptic fail to acknowledge a problem exists, Shakes an angry fist, And from Support all I'm hearing are the sounds of silence.
    b1u73ng31 wrote: »
    Could I ask a favor though? In the future is it possible to have one of the maintenance days hit US players instead of EU players? :P I understand most of the players are in the US, but I still think its unfair that maintenance is ALWAYS during EU daylight.

Will not happen. Has been requested in the past and not happened. The guys work hard as it is to ask them to accommodate other time zones would be unfair to them as it would mean them stay late.
  • zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Member Posts: 14,762 Arc User
    YEAH! More time to post to the boards! :smiley:
    f5cc65bc8f3b91f963e328314df7c48d.jpg
    Sig? What sig? I don't see any sig.
  • nunoespadinha#0711 nunoespadinha Member Posts: 124 Arc User
    eazzie wrote: »

Will not happen. Has been requested in the past and not happened. The guys work hard as it is to ask them to accommodate other time zones would be unfair to them as it would mean them stay late.

It's even worse for me as i live in the Middle East.. my weekend starts on Thursday 6PM, exactly when the servers go down every week :/
    U.S.S. Achiever
    Junae, Girquay, Meman'Ikan, Deanna, Elisa Flores, Nuno Espadinha, Heidi, Kolez, T'Vrell, Zarva, Vocan, Oeshi
    Zv9NH5Z.png
  • postagepaidpostagepaid Member Posts: 2,899 Arc User
    This would have been a good opportunity to use the lander (or launcher or the consoles double login screens) to warn folk of the upcoming downtimes in advance since it was obviously something thats been planned for ahead of time.
  • smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,659 Arc User

Mmhmm. :)
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • alzleealzlee Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    Thanks for the heads up and keeping star trek online rolling ladies and gentlemen
  • chrisedallen89chrisedallen89 Member Posts: 17,293 Arc User
    Well thanks for the heads up...
  • pork77pork77 Member Posts: 67 Arc User
    fyi, servers up for almost 2 hours now... at least for pc.
    3U3C0SJ.jpg

... and of course, I'd love to have a T5/6 Kamarag, like there is a T5/6 Ambassador.
  • sunfranckssunfrancks Member Posts: 3,925 Arc User

Tuesday, August 7

Thursday, August 9

Tuesday, August 14

Thursday, August 16

Thurs 16th PS4 1pm - 9pm

BST is 8 hours ahead of PDT so therefore 5am PDT in BST is 1pm. In UTC 5am PDT is 12 noon.

Yup, I realize that now. Sorry for the confusion!
    Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Tac Andorian (Shen) Sci Alien/Klingon (Maelrock) KDF:Tac Romulan KDF (Sasha) Tac Klingon (K'dopis)
    Founder, member and former leader to Pride Of The Federation Fleet.
    What I feel after I hear about every decision made since Andre "Mobile Games Generalisimo" Emerson arrived...
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

Tuesday, August 7

Thursday, August 9

Tuesday, August 14

Thursday, August 16

Thurs 16th PS4 1pm - 9pm

Yup, I realize that now. Sorry for the confusion!

No worries. Didn't want to see any trolls come back at ya moaning and whining you were wrong. :)
    edited August 2018

It's even worse for me as i live in the Middle East.. my weekend starts on Thursday 6PM, exactly when the servers go down every week :/

Exactly. So no matter the time they do things there will always be a time zone that is being put out. It's not as if things like this happen on a regular basis and in the long run is beneficial to us the players. It's just a case of ohh well has to be done. I'm sure there is plenty of other things players could do while STO is down.
    Post edited by eazzie on
  • nommo#5819 nommo Member Posts: 1,105 Arc User
    This would have been a good opportunity to use the lander (or launcher or the consoles double login screens) to warn folk of the upcoming downtimes in advance since it was obviously something thats been planned for ahead of time.

Excellent idea that should've been implemented. Might as well make that unnecessary contraption as useful as possible after all.
  • echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,913 Arc User
    I'm already busy with other things. Helping my daughter out while she recuperates from a broken leg. I could play over there, but it feels like the gaming in me is reaching another downtime anyway. Will use this time helping her to take a break from the game, except for daily dil refining.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • drnostrindrnostrin Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Why couldn't this have been done after the Event? It is a little greasy to do it over the event. Oh well I guess.
  • where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    Yes, this is totally running my Risa schedule and Lohlunat collection goals afoul. ::::pout:::: LOL!
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • Why so long? 8 hours??
  • sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,403 Arc User
    Why so long? 8 hours??

Probably backend and server maintenance
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
    Why so long? 8 hours??

7 hours